please don't revert this patch ever!

tworaf
215 posts Sunday League Hero
The best responsivess gameplay I had all year. even better than last reverted patch. not only me but all my friends too. one of them had delay but he was on wifi, he went hard wired to the router and felt a huge difference too.

For once thank you Ea!

Comments

• Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    Where are you from?
  • tworaf
    Antiseen wrote: »
    Where are you from?

italy, I have Dd-wrt firmware on my router, I get max 44ms ping to the servers in frankfurt and about 50ms ping to those in amesterdam. So 5 bars in rivals and WL. console set to DMZ, open nat, hard wired and no one shares the internet with me.

Before patch it was horrendus delay and stuck in mud now it's great.
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    Before and after patch it’s same trash for me in Russia :D
  • tworaf

how many bars do you get to the severs?
  • SuperRob
    1412 posts Professional
    Get 5 bars and the gameplay is quicker but my players are still delayed and move too slowly.
  • tworaf
    SuperRob wrote: »
    Get 5 bars and the gameplay is quicker but my players are still delayed and move too slowly.

Go wired to the router if possible, makes a huge difference. Avoid playing online when other poeple are using the same internet connection in the household cause that causes delay too.
  • Retro_G
    28155 posts Player of the Year
    tworaf wrote: »
    SuperRob wrote: »

Go wired to the router if possible, makes a huge difference. Avoid playing online when other poeple are using the same internet connection in the household cause that causes delay too.

You can buy a router with congestion control, it won't matter if other people in your house are using the internet at the same time.
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    Well I had 5 bars maybe 3 times in all fifa cycle this year.

It’s 3 or 4 most of the time
  • I’m in the US and I’ve gone from always having 5 bars to now never having better than 2 bars. I’m hard wired on fiber with 19 ms ping.
  • Fifapayne
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa 18 I always had 5 bars
    Fifa 19 is rarely 5 bars

Lol wutm8
  • greif44
    2358 posts Fans' Favourite

how many bars do you get to the severs?

Makes the difference only in H2H games. I always have 4/5 or 5/5 in WL and Rivals, still have the delay though. Same was in previous FIFAs.
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    before patch my latency was always 5 bars and thats with wired connection. After patch its dropped to 3/4 every game and responsiveness is DS
  • DanValletta
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m in the US and I’ve gone from always having 5 bars to now never having better than 2 bars. I’m hard wired on fiber with 19 ms ping.

Is that for real?

If true that's madness.
  • ozcs_69
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    Where are you from?

italy, I have Dd-wrt firmware on my router, I get max 44ms ping to the servers in frankfurt and about 50ms ping to those in amesterdam. So 5 bars in rivals and WL. console set to DMZ, open nat, hard wired and no one shares the internet with me.

you did all of that so you can get some medicore packs after playing 30 games on a weekend ? we need to find you a girlfriend dude
  • ozcs_69
    3008 posts National Call-Up
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Fifa 19 is rarely 5 bars

Lol wutm8

fifa 18 bars are in-accurate, they are scared of giving us Ping numbers...i dont know why they are so scared
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Fifa 19 is rarely 5 bars

Lol wutm8

fifa 18 bars are in-accurate, they are scared of giving us Ping numbers...i dont know why they are so scared

Because if they do we would realize how much extra latency servers netcode introduces.
  • xinj
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The best responsivess gameplay I had all year. even better than last reverted patch. not only me but all my friends too. one of them had delay but he was on wifi, he went hard wired to the router and felt a huge difference too.

For once thank you Ea!

Yes lets keep an update that has your defenders ghost thru attackers insteed of reacting to perform a tackle #WorstUpdateEver
  • silverdale10
    1327 posts Professional
    Every patch to fix responsiveness seems to favour one group of players whilst completely ruining the experience for the other. They seem incapable of creating a fair game.

Played wired today to give the new patch a proper chance over 5 games and in every single one my players looked terrified of the ball and were knocked off with ease. Most of my players are now 93/94 rated, came up against a bunch of 80/81's and it was embarrassing, I was hanging on for a 0-0 at the end. My opponent must have thought he was playing against a 4 year old on his dad's account.
  • Pablofsi08
    I'm starting to feel scammed already. What is more worrying is that: 1. EA don't seem to be recognizing anywhere that servers netcode is at fault for all this delay and 2. Delay is getting worse and worse with every patch during the past month and this one, meaning that EA are catering more and more to people who are in Brazil, Germany, the UK to optimize their connections more and more with these changes making everyone else in all countries of the Earth who bought this game have an unplayable experience. Being forwarded to servers far away and giving us 100, 200, 300ms latency when we could all be playing with 10, 15ms people in our countries if we had P2P netcode as an option instead of just servers, and servers and more servers just doesn't make any sense and is already insulting, and almost discriminatory.

I feel really offended as a customer by these patches EA.

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!
  • Fifapayne
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel scammed already. What is more worrying is that: 1. EA don't seem to be recognizing anywhere that servers netcode is at fault for all this delay and 2. Delay is getting worse and worse with every patch during the past month and this one, meaning that EA are catering more and more to people who are in Brazil, Germany, the UK to optimize their connections more and more with these changes making everyone else in all countries of the Earth who bought this game have an unplayable experience. Being forwarded to servers far away and giving us 100, 200, 300ms latency when we could all be playing with 10, 15ms people in our countries if we had P2P netcode as an option instead of just servers, and servers and more servers just doesn't make any sense and is already insulting, and almost discriminatory.

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!

Servers are fine bro
    They just need a lot more
    Nearly every competitive game uses dedicated servers with no problems at all.

• Pablofsi08

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!

Servers are fine bro

You are misinformed. Servers are not right for this game. They are right for games with more than 2 players. I've already detailed in several threads how many disadvantages servers have in front of P2P and why P2P is superior, newer technology, and more suitable for a 1v1 sports game.
  • Nonavital
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played 5 rivals games since the patch and felt much much better. There are still some delays here and there but incomparable to what I had for the last few weeks after the last patch revert.
  • Wi1son73
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    Every patch to fix responsiveness seems to favour one group of players whilst completely ruining the experience for the other. They seem incapable of creating a fair game.

Played wired today to give the new patch a proper chance over 5 games and in every single one my players looked terrified of the ball and were knocked off with ease. Most of my players are now 93/94 rated, came up against a bunch of 80/81's and it was embarrassing, I was hanging on for a 0-0 at the end. My opponent must have thought he was playing against a 4 year old on his dad's account.

100% agree mate

This game right now makes me play like a complete noob! Not through choice!! Just how my players are acting..!!

• Fifapayne

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!

Servers are fine bro

You are misinformed. Servers are not right for this game. They are right for games with more than 2 players. I've already detailed in several threads how many disadvantages servers have in front of P2P and why P2P is superior, newer technology, and more suitable for a 1v1 sports game.

So your telling me if you had a server in your hometown and you got 10 ping...you would still be delayed? I find it hard to believe
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!

Servers are fine bro

So your telling me if you had a server in your hometown and you got 10 ping...you would still be delayed? I find it hard to believe

Still worse than directly matching up with someone else as the server needs to compensate for the lag of the other party.

So yes. It could still be terribly delayed.

I live not too far away from the Frankfurt Servers (18ms ping if you care) in Austria and the delay is unbearable. The only time I get a semi-responsive experience is on off-hours against Germans, Swiss or other Austrian people - provided they don't lag themselves via WiFi or 4G..

It's a comedy show against Italians, UK, French, Spanish, and anyone outside of europe people..

I don't have those problems on p2p. There I can actually play an Italian or Russian guy without unresponsive slapstick comedy tripping over players..
  • tworaf
    dont worry lag compensarion is back. whatever they made yesterday its cancelled
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 8

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!

Servers are fine bro

1. I'm never going to have a server on my country. Services and infrastructure are not there.
    2. Even if I there were, that 1 input delay animation frame on servers netcode would be 0.5 input delay on P2P netcode.
    3. You are purposely decreasing the amount excessively to make servers look like they are working fine and they ever give 10ms latency (which they don't), and P2P STILL BEATS THEM IN YOUR EXAMPLE.
    4. The infrastructure and services situation won't change in the future
    5. EA won't pay for servers in every single country in this world
    6. Servers actually add 100, 200 and 300ms to latency for hundreds of thousands of users.
    7. Your example taking into account the reality of what we can get and EA can financially pay makes clear that servers only work well for people in Germany, Holland, Brazil.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 8
    bberger wrote: »

P2P > servers.

We need solutions NOW!!!

Servers are fine bro

Still worse than directly matching up with someone else as the server needs to compensate for the lag of the other party.

So yes. It could still be terribly delayed.

I live not too far away from the Frankfurt Servers (18ms ping if you care) in Austria and the delay is unbearable. The only time I get a semi-responsive experience is on off-hours against Germans, Swiss or other Austrian people - provided they don't lag themselves via WiFi or 4G..

It's a comedy show against Italians, UK, French, Spanish, and anyone outside of europe people..

I don't have those problems on p2p. There I can actually play an Italian or Russian guy without unresponsive slapstick comedy tripping over players

And that's the beauty of P2P. It solves the delay issue. It allows people to find who to play with from their own country at 10, 15ms instead of redirecting them to servers 4.000 kms away where they will get +100, 200, 300ms latency. It allows you to, even if you want to connect with someone who you'd get 150ms to, to play comfortably and feel the gameplay as if you were playing on 75ms latency on servers.
  • Mutu10gol
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    100% agree mate
  • malky
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Where are you from?

How do find out your ping?