Player Career Mode Future

As mainly a Player Career mode player, I was excited for today’s Career Mode news. Everything that was revealed in the Pitch Notes for Manager Mode were some nice, big changes for the mode and I’m honestly happy for everyone who mostly plays manager mode. However, I was really disappointed to read absolutely nothing about player career. After reading it, I wondered why they didn’t just title it Manager Career Mode News. I understand that some of these changes can be applied to Player Career, but they’re usually the small changes (less congested schedules, improvement to A.I. starting 11’s in important matches, etc.). Here I just wanted to just share my ideas for the mode that I’ve had for a while, if it is even still in EA’s future plans at this point. (Disclaimer: this isn’t me trying to hate on Manager Mode, I honestly really like what they did this year. I’m just in awe at the fact that Player Career was completely ignored.) Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas for the future in the replies.

1.) We should be able to change our birth year. This would allow players to create their own stories and choose to start a career as young as 16/17 years old if they want, which is what typically happens in real life, or do something like Usain Bolt did and start a career at 30.

2.) Be able to be the CM position. It honestly makes no sense how we can't choose this position or opt to be an LCM or RCM. I bet there are hundreds out there who wanna be like Frenkie de Jong, Iniesta, or any players like them and be orchestrators in the midfield.

3.) SECONDARY POSITIONS. a. We should be able to pick up to three more positions we also like to play. That way, we aren't taking star players' spots on the pitch and can be versatile players if we choose. b. The manager messages us in our inbox and asks us if we'd train at a different position to get more playing time or just be a versatile piece to his/her team.

4.) THE ABILITY TO COME ON AS A SUB AND GET TAKEN OFF WHEN STARTING. The fact that we start all the time no matter where we go is crazy. Some players are super-subs, why can't we have that impact if we want? This would prevent us from starting over top players and just have some variety in game time depending on our form, age, etc.

5.) The ability to negotiate our contract and wages just like players can in manager mode. This way we can actually have a legit contract and leave via free transfer if we stay the length of our contract with one team and want out.
- As well as having release clauses if we choose.

6.) Be able to receive multiple transfer offers at once, and even targeting a team we want to go to.

These are some of the general things I'd want to see in Player Career Mode one day. Maybe in FIFA 21 it'll get some attention. Feel free to add anything else.

Comments

• ChrisW1991
    911 posts Semi-Pro
    Really hope in the near future player career mode is majorly improved, will still play it in Fifa 20 with the new customization adding a new depth of realism for a realistic looking player :)
  • ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Really hope in the near future player career mode is majorly improved, will still play it in Fifa 20 with the new customization adding a new depth of realism for a realistic looking player :)

Yea man I’m hoping so too. The customization is nice, and much needed, but I’m not sure if I’ll play the mode yet. Might just stick to Kick-Off, Volta, and sometimes Manager Mode.
  • BNO
    1 posts Ball Boy
    the gameface return
  • comet213
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 8
    Player Career
    1. Manager rating
      It is feature in The Journey.
      Player's manager rating increases by performing well in matches and training.
      Player can be in the Starting XI, Sub and Reserve by manager rating.
    2. Talk with manager
    3. Manager's order
      I can't know my team tactics in Player Career.
      Therefore, Manager should inform tactics to player.
    4. Contract
      Contract term, negociation, free agent... These are not in Player Career.
    5. Growth
      The Journey and Pro club has new growth system. But Player Career mode still has old growth system.
    6. Transfer history
      It's already in Manager Career. Why is it not in Player Career?
    7. Simulation
      When I quit match by selecting 'request sub' or 'sim rest of match' menus, result is simulated.
      This time, Scorer and assist are not recorded.
      Nothing was recorded in squard report, team stats, player stats.
      Did the ghost score?
    8. Transfer
      To receive transfer offer, I must request transfer until manager grant my request.
      This is very disrespectful action in real life.
    9. Squad hub
      Squad report and squad ranking are renovated to Squad hub in Manager Career only
      I hope Squad hub is added to Player Career.

Manager and Player Career
    1. Data
      Player data: Club statistics, National team statistics, Club history, Honours
      Team data: Season results, Honours, Current squad
      Competition data: Winners, Top scorers, Asssits...
      Other leagues: Top scorer, assists, cleans sheet, booking and Tournament tree(Cup match)
    2. Retirement
      Article about retiring player, Retirement ceremony, Testimonial match...
      And Player must not retire during World Cup.
    3. National team
      Add fake team only in Career mode.
      Then player can be called to national team without license problem.
    4. Ranking system
      -National Team Raking
      It's influence to groupe drawing of world cup, WC qualifying.
      -Europe League Ranking
      It's influence to the number of qualified team in european cup.
    5. Host system
      National team touranaments are also needed Host system like Pre-season Tournament.
    6. Table sorting and Goal difference
      Sorting has removed sicnce FIFA 15.
      qaZTDtC.jpg
      gs144ly.jpg
      Wi6Icz3.jpg
      zwryegN.jpg
      And Goal difference should be return.
    7. Substitution
      Devs always keep to 7 bench players only in FIFA.
      But Bench player is not always 7.
      12 bench players are available in these matches.
      National Team Match
      Serie A
      Serie B
      TIM Cup(Coppa Itaila)
      Eredivisie
      The KNVB Cup
      The Johan Cruijff Schaal

And 6 players can be substituted in international friendly. It also must be reflected.
    Post edited by comet213 on
  • Kasa
    63 posts Park Captain
    Do we get new features also in player Career mode? Really hope so
  • Kasa wrote: »
    Do we get new features also in player Career mode? Really hope so

We do not, this is why I made this discussion. Hopefully they come in FIFA 21.