This game is unplayable ,abysmal ATM

1
mindm4ster
4942 posts Big Money Move
Lag is so atrocious atm I can barely move my players -could as well put down controller and outcome would be the same

Can this **** company finaly fix connection issues ?

Don't buy FIFA 20 -it won't be any different

Comments

  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Lol I just lost 5-1 to someone who's best weekend league finish this year was 8 wins out of 30 games

    I finished Elite 2 last weekend

    Could not move my players in defence or attack. This game is done
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 7
    Another frustrated user and we've had...

    EA, P2P needs to be included as an option to servers. Please, develop things with that goal in mind. It's the only way to solve the delay issue.

    feEpX3U.jpg
  • mindm4ster
    4942 posts Big Money Move
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Another frustrated user and we've had...

    EA, P2P needs to be included as an option to servers. Please, develop things with that goal in mind. It's the only way to solve the delay issue.

    feEpX3U.jpg

    they won't do anything

    it's been few years already with input delay /lag
    they don't give a ****
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They just need more servers not p2p
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    They just need more servers not p2p

    More servers doesn't solve the issue..
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    They just need more servers not p2p

    1. Servers are an extra hop which introduces double the input delay P2P has
    2. There aren't servers available to rent in every single country in the world
    3. That would be unfeasible financially even if there were
    4. Servers introduce way more issues than they apparently solve (and they don't)
    5. EA is forced to use Amazon servers which do not have availability in all countries
    6. Peering ISP infrastructure and agreements are not optimal around the world
    7. Network infrastructure and routing sucks it in many countries and among the same country's ISPs
    8. They just suck
  • Gnomenclature
    3110 posts National Call-Up
    Just played 3 rival matches since patch - constant stuttering and incredibly slow gameplay... quit all three matches at 0-0 because it just wasn't fun at all.
  • BeerInsured
    95 posts Park Captain
    I’ve had crappy connection in the US all year long. Played 3 games today thinking I may have benefited from the patch and I absolutely did, game is running so smoothly in DR. All 3 of my opponents rage quit.

    Hopefully it stays this way
  • Wi1son73
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    I had hopes with this new patch! Sick of constant delay sluggish play... post patch I quit loads of games lost so skill points as I couldn’t handle this stupid slow horrendous gameplay...
  • Mogga
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tbf since they reverted the last patch a month or so ago mines been good. Odd glitches here and there but overall good.

    Pulled wires out and have been playing wireless like. Still got a decent download speed etc on wireless but it shouldn't work better than wired in reality. Still I am happy so can't complain
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    The game is lovely.
    I especially enjoyed how hard it is to score for oppon9, when I'm not trying to defend, allowing them to score for objectives. If I don't move GK and don't trigger offside trap, it is very hard to score against AI BS happening.

    Another lovely thing, is how beautiful no look passes are working. Just spam A, and enjoy.

    Finally, manual passes, that are triggered r1+l1 are not going direction you point. Wtfis this EA...

    PS:

    After watching Fut reveal gameplay, it is obvious FIFA 20 is going to be the same!!!!!!! Don't fall into trap
  • mr_flibble
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    D Heleteli wrote: »
    Lol I just lost 5-1 to someone who's best weekend league finish this year was 8 wins out of 30 games

    I finished Elite 2 last weekend

    Could not move my players in defence or attack. This game is done

    How did you get matched against someone at such a different level to you?
  • mindm4ster
    4942 posts Big Money Move
    Cornushon wrote: »
    The game is lovely.
    I especially enjoyed how hard it is to score for oppon9, when I'm not trying to defend, allowing them to score for objectives. If I don't move GK and don't trigger offside trap, it is very hard to score against AI BS happening.

    Another lovely thing, is how beautiful no look passes are working. Just spam A, and enjoy.

    Finally, manual passes, that are triggered r1+l1 are not going direction you point. Wtfis this EA...

    PS:

    After watching Fut reveal gameplay, it is obvious FIFA 20 is going to be the same!!!!!!! Don't fall into trap

    yeah or just keep pressing teammate contain for AI to be glued to your opponent and take ball from him automatically - that needs such a skill

    same with constant pressure for 90 min

    lovely stuff
  • Primofusion
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lag was shocking in all rivals games tonight, just glad I’ve already done enough for elite rewards.
  • Wi1son73
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Horrible Frustrating gameplay all day!!
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 7
    Got an update today, saw in the patch notes it was some technical changes to help with lag, its made the game much worse.

    Had pretty good connection the last few days, now back to half a second button delay in every game.
  • DanValletta
    1545 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is no different for me, when they did the first patch everything was ace, best gameplay all year. When they reverted it, it went back to being a joke and then this evening it's still the same. Slow unresponsive bad delay.

    Both myself an my opponent pressing b to tackle but have already received the ball by the time it registers so our players just but it in the stands.
  • Salvatori
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    By far the worst gameplay i have had ever. I am **** at the best of times, but tonight every game i have just given up at 3 v 0 down. My opponents are playing a different game. Whats the point. Got wired / superfast etc etc but makes no difference
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    P2P now EA. Nico one of the top 10 best players in the world if not the best there is, is saying P2P > Servers.
  • Argentus
    672 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Whatever changed in this patch, it's for the worse. Game has been pretty good for me the last few weeks in terms of responsiveness. Today it's like playing underwater, and delay is back big time.
  • Jshartman
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    They just need more servers not p2p

    1. Servers are an extra hop which introduces double the input delay P2P has
    2. There aren't servers available to rent in every single country in the world
    3. That would be unfeasible financially even if there were
    4. Servers introduce way more issues than they apparently solve (and they don't)
    5. EA is forced to use Amazon servers which do not have availability in all countries
    6. Peering ISP infrastructure and agreements are not optimal around the world
    7. Network infrastructure and routing sucks it in many countries and among the same country's ISPs
    8. They just suck

    Someone is always the host in P2P ...it does not solve the issue of one sided delay my man.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 8
    Jshartman wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    They just need more servers not p2p

    1. Servers are an extra hop which introduces double the input delay P2P has
    2. There aren't servers available to rent in every single country in the world
    3. That would be unfeasible financially even if there were
    4. Servers introduce way more issues than they apparently solve (and they don't)
    5. EA is forced to use Amazon servers which do not have availability in all countries
    6. Peering ISP infrastructure and agreements are not optimal around the world
    7. Network infrastructure and routing sucks it in many countries and among the same country's ISPs
    8. They just suck

    Someone is always the host in P2P ...it does not solve the issue of one sided delay my man.

    You can limit both players to have the same set input delay. That's one way to remove host advantage on P2P.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    Argentus wrote: »
    Whatever changed in this patch, it's for the worse. Game has been pretty good for me the last few weeks in terms of responsiveness. Today it's like playing underwater, and delay is back big time.

    This 100%

    The gameplay was responsive until this update today, its like everything has slowed down, button presses aren't registering, there are small jolts of lag and it feels like I'm the only one feeling it in game.

    Getting out played by people just flicking the ball about as if nothing is wrong while I'm so delayed I can't even change cursor to chase a loose ball.
  • alvchong
    966 posts Professional
    i played 5 matches last night and i struggled very much on first time shot and close body tackle. non of them registering quick enough to play the game, the ball is either gone off high sky, missed or non tackling movement. Having all OP cards at this moment but can't enjoy their boosted stats. what is the point.
  • joehuk
    3313 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 8
    Tbh I don't think it's the patch.

    It's in the gamea code 100%

    Past week or so I've had tremendous gameplay even after the patch WL, sqaud battles all playing so smooth and responsive etc. I'm on PC so we got it earlier this week

    But yestetday out of nowhere the game turns to a complete mess.

    Heavy touches, players unable to control the ball, players turning like trucks.



  • ICUP
    4110 posts National Call-Up
    alvchong wrote: »
    i played 5 matches last night and i struggled very much on first time shot and close body tackle. non of them registering quick enough to play the game, the ball is either gone off high sky, missed or non tackling movement. Having all OP cards at this moment but can't enjoy their boosted stats. what is the point.

    I played a couple yesterday, i gave up and turned it off when I perfectly positioned my LB for an interception and he lifts his leg up to let the player behind him get it.

    Dont understand how TOTS cards can have such P poor touches when under no pressure and their passes suck when they have 90+ passing
  • Wi1son73
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Omfg I’m about to throw my whole Xbox out the window ..
    What a pile of **** (much worse than normal) this game is right now after these stupid responsive patch that’s meant to fix delay responsive gameplay ...

    Since yesterday I’ve quit more games than I’ve finished.... can’t handle this BS that my players are doing!! God I have TOTS Son as from yesterday, and i can’t get the best out of him due to this horrible slow sluggish delayed horrible first touches game...

    I have wired 200mg internet and I’m still in getting lag compensated...
  • Salvatori
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah i have always been a rubbish player who goes through losing streaks, but yesterday was different level stuff. Dropped 300 Skill points and most games were not even a game. 3 or 4 nil down by HT. Opponents clearly had a better response / connection advantage.

    First touches and blocking passing lanes impossible. I put my player in the passing lane but the ball goes just round him because i am seeing things later than the opponent. First time shots dont exist, i try not to abuse those (another broken element...) but there is a time you need them in a tight space around the box, and no chance. Everytime its an extra touch which is game breaking really when you are trying to play a certain style
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good Lord, the gameplay and the input delay are absolutely worse than it was last patch which was already worse than last patch and so on up to 4 or 5 previous patches. If I felt like I had to react way in advance 1 month ago now I feel like even with that forward vision I cannot stop brazilians who are clearly reacting almost instantly switching to the next with L1. It's impossible to do anything against them, since they have 15ms and I have 200, 250ms to the brazilian servers. It feels like I'm swimming in the ocean trying to beat the Olympics gold medalist.

    I'm starting to feel scammed already. What is more worrying is that: 1. EA don't seem to be recognizing anywhere that servers netcode is at fault for all this delay and 2. Delay is getting worse and worse with every patch during the past month and this one, meaning that EA are catering more and more to people who are in Brazil, Germany, the UK to optimize their connections more and more with these changes making everyone else in all countries of the Earth who bought this game have an unplayable experience. Being forwarded to servers far away and giving us 100, 200, 300ms latency when we could all be playing with 10, 15ms people in our countries if we had P2P netcode as an option instead of just servers, and servers and more servers just doesn't make any sense and is already insulting, and almost discriminatory.

    I feel really offended as a customer by these patches EA.

    P2P > servers.

    We need solutions NOW.
  • mindm4ster
    4942 posts Big Money Move
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Good Lord, the gameplay and the input delay are absolutely worse than it was last patch which was already worse than last patch and so on up to 4 or 5 previous patches. If I felt like I had to react way in advance 1 month ago now I feel like even with that forward vision I cannot stop brazilians who are clearly reacting almost instantly switching to the next with L1. It's impossible to do anything against them, since they have 15ms and I have 200, 250ms to the brazilian servers. It feels like I'm swimming in the ocean trying to beat the Olympics gold medalist.

    I'm starting to feel scammed already. What is more worrying is that: 1. EA don't seem to be recognizing anywhere that servers netcode is at fault for all this delay and 2. Delay is getting worse and worse with every patch during the past month and this one, meaning that EA are catering more and more to people who are in Brazil, Germany, the UK to optimize their connections more and more with these changes making everyone else in all countries of the Earth who bought this game have an unplayable experience. Being forwarded to servers far away and giving us 100, 200, 300ms latency when we could all be playing with 10, 15ms people in our countries if we had P2P netcode as an option instead of just servers, and servers and more servers just doesn't make any sense and is already insulting, and almost discriminatory.

    I feel really offended as a customer by these patches EA.

    P2P > servers.

    We need solutions NOW.

    isn't Rivals P2P though?
    because I'm talking about Rivals -WL is also **** but Rivals is next level of horrid
Sign In or Register to comment.