PITCH NOTES | FIFA 20 CAREER MODE DEEP DIVE

Comments

• Welldonn
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2
    If EA dont fix the career mode until next week im done with fifa titles. Hearing all those excuses just annoys me, shows they dont care about CM and did pretty much no testing at all. "EA Sports, its the same again"
  • ATails
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Hello,

Can you please confirm when you will be taking the Career Mode fixes to your CAB meetings? The main issue people have is the lack of visibility on what seem to be quite crippling issues.

I will be playing the game from next Monday 07/10/19. I hope a release is scheduled and the consumers are updated. BETA is an invitation only thing not something you pay for...

BR,
    Andy.
  • Was the issue fixed for when you went to customize a youth player and it would change their original position and took away other positions they could play? Example being if a youth player was a Central midfielder and you untucked their shirt and changed boots it would switch them to a central attacking mid?? This is one of the biggest issues I've seen and makes me not want to even continue my career and is truly frustrating
  • ATails
    2 posts Ball Boy
    EvilValk wrote: »
    0 Skill Moves Stars.

#FixCareerMode

For the love of God.

Bro, they can't fix the gameplay... We have to wait them to fix the CareerMode. BTW there is unresponsive gameplay in CareerMode too :), @EA_Andy... Especially when you play vs low rated team for some cup tournament.

It seems in patch 1.03 they focused on play... they didn't realise career mode was broken before it was submitted... lol.
  • It's incredible the fact that since the demo there was a mistake and still have no solution!!

For the players that use the D-pad insted of the left joystick to move the players, is not possible to do any variation of the fakeshot!!!

It's so frustating because is too basic!! #dpad #ps4
  • pipopazzo33
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ATails wrote: »
    EvilValk wrote: »
    0 Skill Moves Stars.

#FixCareerMode

For the love of God.

Bro, they can't fix the gameplay... We have to wait them to fix the CareerMode. BTW there is unresponsive gameplay in CareerMode too :), @EA_Andy... Especially when you play vs low rated team for some cup tournament.

It seems in patch 1.03 they focused on play... they didn't realise career mode was broken before it was submitted... lol.

Since no one is featured in the credits for career mode... makes sense now
  • Zaqattaq
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I love how EA won't even provide comments or updates here any more @EA_Andy. Shame on all of you
  • It’s the 10th day since the release and no progress has been made to CM. It’s depressing to know about EA’s attitude towards CM mode players 🤬
  • VagisilFC
    1422 posts Play-Off Hero
    For the love of god, go drop $100K on one of the top modders and it will be fixed in hours. It is a drop in the ocean of the $$$ you make on FUT
  • Hello to the EA team! Tell me, when will the new faces be added in the next update? For example: Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid), Frenkie de Jong (Barca), Arthur Melo (Barca), Rodrigo (from Real Madrid), Ferland Mendy (Real Madrid), Houssem Aouar (OL), Tanguy Ndombele (Tottenham), Alex Golovin (Monaco), Nicolo Zaniolo (Roma), Cengiz Ünder (Roma), Duvan Zapata (Atalanta), Loren Moron (Real Betis), Steven Bergwijn (PSV), Donyell Malen (PSV), Donny van de Beek (Ajax), David Neres (Ajax), Ansu Fati (Barca). For now, at least add the faces of these young and talented players. For career mode, it will be cool!)
  • Hello to the @EA_Andy & EA team! Tell me, when will the new faces be added in the next update? For example: Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid), Frenkie de Jong (Barca), Arthur Melo (Barca), Rodrigo (from Real Madrid), Ferland Mendy (Real Madrid), Houssem Aouar (OL), Tanguy Ndombele (Tottenham), Alex Golovin (Monaco), Nicolo Zaniolo (Roma), Cengiz Ünder (Roma), Duvan Zapata (Atalanta), Loren Moron (Real Betis), Steven Bergwijn (PSV), Donyell Malen (PSV), Donny van de Beek (Ajax), David Neres (Ajax), Ansu Fati (Barca). For now, at least add the faces of these young and talented players. For career mode, it will be cool!)
  • #NewFacesFIFA20
  • Milot Rashica (Werder Bremen) add original face please.
  • I hoping that there will be more agressive ai in the next gameplay update so we can enjoy the new freekicksystem more. Also I hope they work on the offline gameplay, because I think it is possible to make this fifa good ofdline with some updates. More fouls, more agressive ai e.g.
  • Mathaus Cunha (RB Leipzig) add original face please.
  • Hello @EA_Andy
    Please add new original face: Lucas Paqueta (AC Milan), Rafael Leao (AC Milan), Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina), E. Elmas (Napoli), Stefano Sensi (Inter), Mickael Cuisance (Bayern M.), Eduardo Camavinga (Rennais), Ander Barrenetxea (Real Sociedad), Jeff Reine-Adelaide (OL), Jonathan Ikone (LOSC).
  • 3 URGENT IMPROVEMENTS: (Career Mode)

- FIX THE CL and Uefa Europe League, i'm at my 4th season and the Champions League and Europe League just disappeared.

- REAL TABLE POSITIONS

- Opportunity to play against the BEST PLAYERS (squads) of any team, i want a challenge, i don't wanna play against a bunch of kids.

*PLEASE! Improve your technology, when the other football game releases an update, this update will apply to all saved games, and every time EA releases an update, I need to create a new career to get corrections. WE ARE IN 2019 GUYS, IMPROVE THIS TECHNOLOGY!
  • Fifahood
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 18
    please fix fouls in Career mode. Tthere are no fouls! So you made a fantastic new freekick system but I can’t even try it in Careermode. We need more fouls, cards, penals, freekicks etc.

Removed mass tags, you don't need to tag us all to get our attention. Post and we'll read it. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • PerfectionCat
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 21
    @EA_Andy
    I can't play the game for one month after buying FIFA20 because EA don't solve the problem of 0 skillmove.
    Post edited by PerfectionCat on
  • PerfectionCat
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 21
    Is the EA team stupid?
    If the skill move becomes 0 star, do you know what patch does not make sense?
    Even if you achieve the challenge, make sure the skill move does not become a 0 star.
  • Ten000_days
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 30
    Are they ever going to fix the skilled dribbling issue in player career mode ??? When you unlock the trait it is not available or there to put on your player ... this then causes you to not have any of the star levels ... yet when you first start out your 5 star ?!? This makes no sense ... this also affects the ability to unlock the achievements as you don’t get the beat players with skill achievements because once you unlock the trait you go to 0 stars and the trait is not in the traits for your player .... My player is a 93 overall with 0 skill stars and I am stuck at only beating players with skill 35 times so I will never get those achievements .... please fix this ... it seems that every year there is an issue with something in player career ... one year it was not getting credit for headers now it’s the skilled dribbling ... not everyone plays FUT and some of us like to play player career and would like to have it the way it should be @EA_Andy
  • FIX **** PLAYER CAREER MODE SKILLS MOVE GLITCH NOBODY GIVES A **** IF YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PLAYER 6’9 IN THE TITLE UPDATE! ITS RUINING THE GAME FIX THIS **** ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH!! IT TOOK A 12 YEAR OLD LIKE 2 WEEKS TO COME UP WITH A FIX IN A MOD AND YOU **** CANT DO IT IN OVER A MONTH???? TF ARE YOU WORKING AT FIFA FOR THEN?? FIX THE **** GLITCH
  • FIFA 20 is in big danger.

The only way to get out of this situation is to have fun even in a bad (inconsistent) gameplay.

Yes, Fixing the inconsistent gameplay is a priority I get that but why make it so much stressful by adding game modes like rivals and FUT champs. Competition is never fun.

Open matchmaking in every game mode is the key have fun and I swear on my damm life people will start to love this game again like back in Fifa 12 days.

EA itself is destroying FIFA 20 by implementing competitive game modes without asking the community whether they want it or not.

Skill gap will develope automatically. Open mathmaking is the reason why Fortnite game is very sucessful.
  • Hello EA,

I am irritated when I want to report a bug I come across your Q&A and have to find out that you know the bug since September.

"Q: There has been some frustration from players around certain skill moves not registering correctly. Is this something you are planning to address?
    A: We are working on some fixes for skill moves that are targeted for a future Title Update."

Now it's the end of October and the bug is still there!
    Then I find your pitch notes and read there about career actions that I miss in your career mod so far Press conferences & player conversations, new negotiation environments, all that doesn't take place in my FIFA 20. Is it me or because these actions only work in the first leagues, I start my career in a third league. I am very disappointed and wonder what this is all about.
    highly respectful
    Todd
  • I'm disappointed that you are yet to fix the issue in player career where they player starts with 4 star skill moves and proceeds to gain more than 5 putting you at 0 star skills. I don't know if you've ever played with someone with 0 star skills but its not fun. It's quite a simple change to have the original player start with 1 star moves so the accomplishments actually mean something. I love player career mode and this is making hard to enjoy. Please try and take a look at this. Thanks!
  • Editing needs a lot of work. You cannot edit rest of the world clubs or international teams. Every time you edit a player you get kicked back to the main menu and not the team you were editing.
  • Editing players needs a lot of work. You can't edit rest of the world or international teams. After you edit a player you get kicked out to the main menu instead of back to the team you where editing. Just leave it how it was in any of the previous fifa where you get a list and you stay on that list of player instead of the main menu
  • fix the difficult settings on carrer mode.legendary is so easy .it is like amateur.
  • When will you update real face on switch? You just ignore the players for switch. Why? The price for the game is the same. Although you provide less function on switch but we buy the game to support you. But we do not get anything. No update for switch until today
  • TeamExtreme17
    2581 posts Fans' Favourite
    List of Career Mode fixes/changes in Fifa 20's Title Updates:

TU#1: 0
    TU#2: 1
    TU#3: 0
    TU#4: 16
    TU#5: 3
    TU#6: 3
    TU#7: 1

There are still a lot of issues to be fixed for which feedback has regularly been posted on these forums, like Edit Player reverting to the Austrian League etc, can you please keep putting the same amount of focus in to Career Mode that you did for Title Update #4? @EA_Andy @EA_Rtas @EA_Cian @EA_DarDar