Around 2m available - worth building a base icon team?

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
Already got my main team (full TOTS Liga NOS), plus my second team (full TOTS Bundesliga), however with around 2m available, is it worth buying a 'cheap' icon side to use in the last few weeks?

I'm thinking about using some of the players I've liked back in the day and whose cards are among the cheapest icons - Hagi, Overmars, Keane etc. Looking to buy each for around 200-220k.

Worth it or am I going to get turned over every game by 30-40k TOTS cards?

Comments

• DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    My prediction is that It will start out fun but you won't be able to compete and you'll just get fed up of them.

Don't let my cynical self stop you though.

Enjoy your pursuit of fun.
  • iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 7
    My prediction is that It will start out fun but you won't be able to compete and you'll just get fed up of them.

More often than not, pursuit of fun is the fun
  • DanValletta
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

More often than not, pursuit of fun is the fun

Hence the "enjoy your pursuit" part ;)
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional

You were right. Bought PIM LIneker, Prime Hagi, PIM Laudrup, Prime Overmars, 88 Best, 88 Keane and Prime Yashin.

All felt slow and below-par in the few games I played last night (except Yashin and Keane bizarrely). They're back on the transfer market....
  • S-Dog
    2401 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do Gullit, cost me about 1mil after packs
  • GT500
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 8
    Might as well if you want who gives a crap about if it’s good but sounds fun imo