Is making the switch to PS4 worth it?

Agent Murhawk
8181 posts League Winner
Been Xbox since the 360 days, but seems like every decent player is moving over to PS4 this year now that you guys have EA Access too. I am a competitive player and I fully intend on really trying this year especially now that I have a real job making real money.

I just want to know what the market is like on PS4, now that EA Access is here will things be cheaper than XB1? What is the player pool like for FUT Champs? On XB1 you would play the same people after 15-20 games. Is top 100 going to be much harder now etc. And does anybody use an XB1 controller cause that'll be the only thing I miss.

Comments

• swfcfan89
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    giphy.gif
  • is1996
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    im sure I saw an adapter for an xbox cobtroller so it can be used on ps4 bro . I think im not sure
  • CarpeDiem
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    The market is way better, prices will always be higher on PS due to the demand from a bigger player base for the same cards. (And EAs poor pack weight doesn't give enough supply)

I have never played the same person twice in 1 weekend in te 3 years champs has been around.

Top 100 is way harder on PS purely because more people are able to hit 29/30 so pretty much need a flawess weekend to even have a chance of making it.
  • BLXmasta
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 6
    I used a brook USB X1 to PS4 adapter before so I could use my xbox elite controller but didn't like having it wired, also it didn't support chat back then so sold both and managed to master the dual shock which took some time, but they've since released a wireless version with chat enabled, which looks decent see link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcbazel-Wireless-Adapter-Charging-Nintendo/dp/B0794VJ18B/ref=asc_df_B0794VJ18B/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310568533429&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4196374130118794957&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006865&hvtargid=pla-523100403009&psc=1
  • Kingchavez_152
    1401 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you have a decent budget you can buy one of the PS4 scuff controllers that feel like Xbox.
  • BLXmasta
    790 posts Semi-Pro
    If you have a decent budget you can buy one of the PS4 scuff controllers that feel like Xbox.

If you get a scuf I'd steer clear of vantage tho mate, unfortunately it's the only one with Asymmetrical thumbsticks like the xbox .
    I bought one on my hols in America in June as they are only available in US or Canada atm, sold it last month on ebay as couldn't return it from the UK, they aren't good, looks nice but poorly made, also current firmware glitches and issues when charging it made it unusable, it keeps trying to connect a new device or switches your console on whilst on charge, also the latency on the thumbsticks is a big issue they just aren't responsive. Wish I'd read the reviews before buying but got tempted when I saw it in the shop and it was the last one they had.

My mate has the scuf impact that's very nice has an xbox shape but with ps4 layout
  • SimenHP
    1868 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 6
    I prefer Xbox over ps4. I had PS since PS1 and I bought PS4 the first day it came out, but in the last 3 years I have used Xbox and I like it more. I also love the Xbox one Elite controller, while I'm not a fan of the PS4 controller. Now I'm only using my PS4 when there is an exclusive I want, but I always use cronusmax to be able to play ps4 with my xbox controller
  • Orison
    47057 posts FIFA Cover Star
    You aren't allowed to have unofficial controllers at events @Agent Murhawk
  • Agent Murhawk
    8181 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    You aren't allowed to have unofficial controllers at events @Agent Murhawk
    Well that sucks, but if I make it to that point then I'll deal with that lol baby steps
  • Amdp9
    2911 posts National Call-Up
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

<3
  • Navraat
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    Xbox gets faster price range updates right now on futbin
  • SomeLegend
    1134 posts Professional
    Ps4 is a better player base Xbox was easy fifa 18 I switched for 19 and gave my Xbox away
  • seven
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Absolutely no difference apart from controller.
  • SomeLegend
    1134 posts Professional
    seven wrote: »
    Absolutely no difference apart from controller.

Ha
  • Mmandras
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    I wouldn't bother switching just for the market.
  • Amdp9
    2911 posts National Call-Up
    Been Xbox since the 360 days, but seems like every decent player is moving over to PS4 this year now that you guys have EA Access too. I am a competitive player and I fully intend on really trying this year especially now that I have a real job making real money.

I just want to know what the market is like on PS4, now that EA Access is here will things be cheaper than XB1? What is the player pool like for FUT Champs? On XB1 you would play the same people after 15-20 games. Is top 100 going to be much harder now etc. And does anybody use an XB1 controller cause that'll be the only thing I miss.

@Agent Murhawk I would say that PS4 is more comparative than X-Box, market is more Expensive in PS4 due to always high Demand, Graphics are a lot better than X-Box. It would be depend on you though, if you have friends at PS4 well worth it
  • swfcfan89
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    I just wish we had more of an active community on this section. We have almost double the topics of the xbox section but only a quarter of the posts. We have far superior numbers to xbox but the PS4 forum is always dead in comparison.
    giphy.gif
  • Mmandras
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does it matter? EA could just merge platform subforums into general... There are no platform specific differences beside the slightly different markets.
  • Navraat
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    Amdp9 wrote: »

@Agent Murhawk I would say that PS4 is more comparative than X-Box, market is more Expensive in PS4 due to always high Demand, Graphics are a lot better than X-Box. It would be depend on you though, if you have friends at PS4 well worth it

:D