No point choosing winger as your position is there?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I'm kind of new to Pro Clubs, just been playing for the last few weeks really, so forgive me if this is obvious to all, it just strikes me as odd.

I've been playing as a left winger (LM) because I like cutting inside from there, but when comparing my stats there to what they are at CAM (playmaker), winger loses out big time.

The advantages of choosing winger:
+3 finishing
+3 dribbling

Advantages to choosing CAM:
Everything else basically. Long shots are like +4 better, ball control is slightly better, short passing was like +7 better, free kicks were like +6 better. Crossing, curve and shot power were about the same. Of course, with all these better stats the OVR was one higher as well.

All things considered, I'm better off being a CAM and just playing at LW anyway. There should be more advantages to choosing winger, like having much better shot power or something, since a lot of modern winger have high shot power (Ronaldo, Depay, Townsend etc). They should certainly have much higher crossing than a CAM but they don't! It's like they don't want anyone to be a winger.

So to package this up as a request for Fifa 16 - make it more worthwhile being a winger??

Comments

• Mycaelis
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Pretty much...

Playing a Striker? CAM (Attacking)
    Playing a Midfielder? CAM (Attacking or Box-Box)
    Playing a Defender? CAM (Ball Winner)

That system has worked fine for me in the last few Fifa's.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Mycaelis wrote: »
    Pretty much...

Playing a Striker? CAM (Attacking)
    Playing a Midfielder? CAM (Attacking or Box-Box)
    Playing a Defender? CAM (Ball Winner)

That system has worked fine for me in the last few Fifa's.
    I'm not sure about that for striker, since mine only has 72 finishing as an 87 CAM, whereas that would be in the high 80s if I were a finisher striker. But I haven't even bothered playing defence so I can't comment on that.

It would just be nice if there was any advantage at all to playing as a winger.