Pack weight

Ghenghis
147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Does the pack weight change towards the end of the year? I know there are more high rated cards now so chances improve slightly but the run of decent cards I’ve gotten in the last 2 weeks has been ridiculous and I wanted to know if this is usually the case towards the end of the game.

Comments

• Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    No,it's only because more in packs and you are lucky. I opened a lot, and only got few good pulls. I had better luck throughout the year tbh...
  • Ghenghis
    Cornushon wrote: »
    No,it's only because more in packs and you are lucky. I opened a lot, and only got few good pulls. I had better luck throughout the year tbh...

If only this luck had come earlier in the year.
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    Ghenghis wrote: »

If only this luck had come earlier in the year.

Ikr hahaah. Had crazy luck during Fut birthday. Got enough coins for the rest of the year. But you never know. I hope will get lucky in FIFA 22.
  • leon1309
    4203 posts National Call-Up
    Opened 50k pack and the best i got was 84 Fernandes, the rest bellow 80 rating...so much about better odds. :)
  • Gazza1712
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Done a squad builder last night and got tots pique and tots navas in the same pack
  • ViezeDries
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 3
    Screenshot-20190803-233948-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg

Maybe
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move

Erm no?
  • Maximus AK47
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 3
    past week pack weight is def raised...

I packed 3 TOTS in a single pack 4-5 times this week... overall packed maybe 20-25 TOTS cards just from regular live SBCs ...

crazy
  • EekAlaska
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes it 100000× does lol
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    1006 posts Professional
    Pack weight is always higher at the end of the game because recency bias
  • bberger
    Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they raised pack weight this year especially because of EA Access coming to PS4 and luring in all the new players that have no clue.

Scammy move imho. This stuff needs to get regulated (don't get me wrong, I like the current pack weight, but it gives newcomers a false sense of it)
  • Maximus AK47
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    bberger wrote: »
    Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they raised pack weight this year especially because of EA Access coming to PS4 and luring in all the new players that have no clue.

Scammy move imho. This stuff needs to get regulated (don't get me wrong, I like the current pack weight, but it gives newcomers a false sense of it)

pretty sure EA should have been sued for this manipulation with pack weights...

pure gambling / fraud
  • lippyone
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does the pack weight change towards the end of the year? I know there are more high rated cards now so chances improve slightly but the run of decent cards I’ve gotten in the last 2 weeks has been ridiculous and I wanted to know if this is usually the case towards the end of the game.

Yep they want everyone to leave happy, and it seems to be working. A month or Two ago people were saying the game was dead but personally am enjoying it now more than ever. Seems very much alive.
  • Maximus AK47
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    lippyone wrote: »

Yep they want everyone to leave happy, and it seems to be working. A month or Two ago people were saying the game was dead but personally am enjoying it now more than ever. Seems very much alive.

same for me.

Now I have 2 superb teams and can play ANY opponent teams without any Rating gaps... no matter if he has Gullit/ R9/ CR7 etc....

its only 2 good/ fun periods of FIFA FUT = at release (when everyone has cheap teams) and now...when most of us have TOP teams ...

just more fairplay to me personally
  • lippyone
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero

same for me.

Now I have 2 superb teams and can play ANY opponent teams without any Rating gaps... no matter if he has Gullit/ R9/ CR7 etc....

its only 2 good/ fun periods of FIFA FUT = at release (when everyone has cheap teams) and now...when most of us have TOP teams ...

just more fairplay to me personally

Yep, the try hards don’t like it because for the first time this season they have to play others on a level playing field. I guarantee the average customer is loving these cheaper prices
  • bberger
    edited August 4
    Yep. I also have a team now that can compete. Nothing even fancy. Weghorst up top and a solid Halstenberg/Süle/Boateng/Da Costa defence and Neuer in goal.. that defence alone would have cost me a mill a few weeks ago..

Usually G2 as I just couldn't complete with the old pure Icon/TOTY teams. Currently on my way to Elite, need 2 out of 6.

Faced and beat a bunch of 30+ mil Icon teams abusing Croquettas that would have destroyed me a week ago.
  • Toonleew
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just got 3 TOTS (RObertson, Volland and Parejo) in one pack and a Champions league player. Sold for 10k 😂👍🏼
  • cdbuck26
    3372 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah just opened a 50k pack and a 100k pack and pulled
    96 Pepe
    94 Ilicic
    93 Ben Yedder
    96 Quag
    93 Kostic

from both of them
    100% it has been raised
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5349 posts Big Money Move

The packweight on the players is the same. It’s just there are 300 some odd special cards in packs. So yes. The packs are much, much better. But it’s because what was a useless 80 rated player before is a special card now.
  • Gnomenclature
    3183 posts National Call-Up

This has been the best month of fifa lol. I might just buy fifa 20 next July instead of october.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero

The packweight on the players is the same. It’s just there are 300 some odd special cards in packs. So yes. The packs are much, much better. But it’s because what was a useless 80 rated player before is a special card now.

The weight have in fact been raised, when you look at the odds now it says 87+ has roughly 30% chance of packing when earlier in the year(even a few weeks ago) it was less than 5%
  • Ghenghis
    bberger wrote: »

pretty sure EA should have been sued for this manipulation with pack weights...

pure gambling / fraud

If this is the case it should be illegal, they shouldn’t have the ability to alter pack weight at any point.
  • Safehands84
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    I was getting a tots every pack pretty much when batch 3 dropped. Nothing in last 10 but just finished weekly and got lala, happy with that as was going g to buy him
  • Safehands84
    3539 posts National Call-Up

The weight have in fact been raised, when you look at the odds now it says 87+ has roughly 30% chance of packing when earlier in the year(even a few weeks ago) it was less than 5%

That's because there are a lot more 87s pluses in packs now. How many of the 85 plus have special cards, dont have figures but imagine is very high percentage. Theyll all in packs.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5989 posts Big Money Move
    Been trash for me today after getting some good cards yesterday. I did the bundle SBC, e world Cup SBC, about 8 different teams from league SBCs, and Futties Hazard start to finish, and only got 2 ~30K TOTS, and 2 or 3 cheap non-TOTS specials, all of which I recylced into other SBCs.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2759 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've been pulling 2 or 3 TOTS players at times and still only coming out with 50k.

Difficult to complain, but still. It's like :open_mouth: quickly followed by :|
  • Songan
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My packluck was crazy good when i started with fifa 19 on my pc one week ago. Since then it was sh...
    They lure you in, make you spend money...and as soon as they got you, you wont pull anything good anymore...
  • D0lvl
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just finished all weekly obj and the 100k and 50k pack had 2-3 tots (kruse, gnabry,Maddison...smh)

Since it’s untradeable looking forward to put them in either hazard’s or if they rerelease FB Depay SBCs
  • Eroberto
    1376 posts Professional
    The same thang happened in fifa 18. They increase pack weight in July and up to middle of August to get people thinking that next years fifa will be the same and then once you buy the game you’re screwed cause pack weight goes back to normal and you’re lucky if you pack a cheap 84 rated player.
  • SuperRob
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    Of course they have raised the pack weight on special cards. Yes there is a bigger chance of getting one but they have done it purely so that people open packs when fifa 20 rolls round. The cycle has ended for EA so they can increase pack weight so that people enjoy opening packs. At this stage they dont need to keep the market stable