Next year's pack weight even lower...

Cornushon
4846 posts Big Money Move
Firstly, it has been like that since I started FUTin 2014.
Secondly, with new cosmetic BS like season objectives,even more rewards, even more watered packs with COSMETIC GOLD cards.
Thirdly, more rewards equals more inflation.
Finally, crash in Futties will be same.
Conclusion, I will probably buy FIFA 20 in August lol...

This year is completely pushed me off the game and EA. Even Pirlo can't make me pre-order or buy it early. If it is really good, that I don't think, I might get it after Xmas.

But as I said I'm previous posts, there are too many indications, that next year will be worse

Comments

• Retro_G
    32720 posts National Team Captain
    Best to wait until a few patches happen mate, that's the wise thing to do. All the gullible sheep will buy at launch, cry on here before or after the first patch. Considering the changes to defence this year, bet the majority will be crying first week that the defending is too difficult. It will be Fifa 18 all over again, mark my words.
  • Cornushon
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Best to wait until a few patches happen mate, that's the wise thing to do. All the gullible sheep will buy at launch, cry on here before or after the first patch. Considering the changes to defence this year, bet the majority will be crying first week that the defending is too difficult. It will be Fifa 18 all over again, mark my words.

I'm sure it will be... And this is why I'm sad. Cause I only play few games, not enough time and desire to explore something new. FIFA, Csgo and GTA5... And FIFA has been my favorite for years. Even before started actually buying the game I stead of just downloading pirated one.
  • Cornushon
    And those sheeps are the main problem. Them, and all these social networks, Twitter, Shmilstegram etc...
  • ILevis
    1181 posts Professional
    Cornushon wrote: »

I'm sure it will be... And this is why I'm sad. Cause I only play few games, not enough time and desire to explore something new. FIFA, Csgo and GTA5... And FIFA has been my favorite for years. Even before started actually buying the game I stead of just downloading pirated one.

Its something i definitely am not a fan of either

All games basically turn into service games recently. If you want to play a game properly, you basically have to commit every minute of your free time to it, no time for other games or even other hobbies. It was super strong this year in FIFA with daily SBCs, weekly challenges, weekend league, always new better cards that are superior to your cards. If you want to stay competetive you either have to trade 24/7 or play 10+ hours atleast each week.

And next year its only going to get worse. They are introducing that season system, where you earn XP and complete challenges throughout the season to achieve a high rank and exclusive rewards. Its the exact same as the battlepass system that has become so popular in games like Fortnite. Because of these mechanics, you dont play for fun anymore, you play because of fear-of-missing-out, something i already noticed me doing this year (better play this weekend league, i might get a good red pick next week).

This is why i will be staying away from ultimate team next year. Its
    • too time consumnig
    • and constantly reminds you how much great content youre missing out on if you dont dedicate your life to the game
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    ILevis wrote: »

All games basically turn into service games recently. If you want to play a game properly, you basically have to commit every minute of your free time to it, no time for other games or even other hobbies. It was super strong this year in FIFA with daily SBCs, weekly challenges, weekend league, always new better cards that are superior to your cards. If you want to stay competetive you either have to trade 24/7 or play 10+ hours atleast each week.

And next year its only going to get worse. They are introducing that season system, where you earn XP and complete challenges throughout the season to achieve a high rank and exclusive rewards. Its the exact same as the battlepass system that has become so popular in games like Fortnite. Because of these mechanics, you dont play for fun anymore, you play because of fear-of-missing-out, something i already noticed me doing this year (better play this weekend league, i might get a good red pick next week).

• too time consumnig
    • and constantly reminds you how much great content youre missing out on if you dont dedicate your life to the game

Spot on mate gameplay etc aside it’s the main reason I won’t be buying 20 far too time consuming
  • Retro_G
    edited August 2019
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

• too time consumnig

Spot on mate gameplay etc aside it’s the main reason I won’t be buying 20 far too time consuming

That new Modern Warfare looks something special. I wasn't even going to buy COD this year, but was blown away by how good MW looks on the new engine with new realistic gun mechanics.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

• too time consumnig

That new Modern Warfare looks something special. I wasn't even going to buy COD this year, but was blown away by good MW looks on the new engine with new realistic gun mechanics.

Yeah I see the adverts, haven’t played cod for years but may give it a spin this year
  • Retro_G

• too time consumnig

That new Modern Warfare looks something special. I wasn't even going to buy COD this year, but was blown away by good MW looks on the new engine with new realistic gun mechanics.

Yeah I see the adverts, haven’t played cod for years but may give it a spin this year

It has 50 vs 50, have been itching for a good Modern FPS game since Battlefield 4. It's like a mix of COD, Battlefield.
  • Cornushon

• too time consumnig

It has 50 vs 50, have been itching for a good Modern FPS game since Battlefield 4. It's like a mix of COD, Battlefield.

Is it on PC as well?))
  • Retro_G

• too time consumnig

Is it on PC as well?))

Yeah with crossplay between all platforms, M&K support on console.
  • Cornushon

• too time consumnig

Is it on PC as well?))

Yeah with crossplay between all platforms, M&K support on console.

Wow...
    Ok, FIFA 20 alternative confirmed)))
  • Retro_G
    Watch this....

• Cornushon
    Watch this....

Thanks for sharing. Will definitely add to my library when it is out)
  • Retro_G
    Watch this....

Thanks for sharing. Will definitely add to my library when it is out)

It has bullet travel too, they forgot to mention that in the video. It's not hitscan anymore, they changed to projectile.
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol at people who think they can quit their Fifa addiction by going cold turkey.
    It would take years of therapy, group councilling, and residentisl care before being properly cured. Much better to just buy the game, and enjoy
  • Retro_G
    lippyone wrote: »
    Lol at people who think they can quit their Fifa addiction by going cold turkey.
    It would take years of therapy, group councilling, and residentisl care before being properly cured. Much better to just buy the game, and enjoy

That would be true for weak minded people. I never bought Fifa 15/ Fifa 16, had bought every Fifa game before that, going all the way back to 1993 on Sega.
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite

That would be true for weak minded people. I never bought Fifa 15/ Fifa 16, had bought every Fifa game before that, going all the way back to 1993 on Sega.

And yet here you are, on a Fifa forum, clearly not cured
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

I’m just sticking with 19 my son has lost interest so not really got the same pull for me anymore. He’s getting 20 but he’s a career mode man nowadays
  • Retro_G

And yet here you are, on a Fifa forum, clearly not cured

I spend most time in the real football section, this forum isn't only for Fifa.