Question for the community

VladimirSochi
585 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited July 31
Honest and transparent answers only please :)

If another game (no this has nothing to do with PES lol it’s purely a hypothetical question) came out with a similar mode to FUT with vastly superior gameplay, but no licensing came out, would you be interested? Assuming the game still utilized a similar component to SBCs, had a massive player database, smooth gameplay that constantly took and implemented community feedback and was also in open dialogue/communication with its player base.

Assuming it reintroduced a similar structure for bronze and silver only tournaments, maintained weekly challenges, incorporated a competitive mode similar to WL and was genuinely a joy to play. Passing didn’t feel broken, defending was improved, skill moves were effective but nerfed etc.

The biggest catch being it had absolutely no licensing whatsoever. Though it could be very mod friendly and therefore the community on PC and PS4 could implement stadiums, badges, kits etc if they chose.

If this was a reality, would you be interested at all or would the stance be “no licensing, no interest. Not enough players at the start to hold my attention. I’m going back to FUT”

What say you?

Comments

• selb
    6399 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 31
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't care much about the kits and licenses. Would switch right away
  • Nazgul
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Definitely would switch but unfortunately can’t see it happening any time soon
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    If it's in old school pro evo name territory then I'd stick to FIFA.
  • VladimirSochi
    edited July 31
    Interesting. Thank you for the feedback! Keep it coming! Also, what two or three aspects would be most important to you?
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class
    Interesting. Thank you for the feedback! Keep it coming! Also, what two or three aspects would be most important to you?

Think I'll be in the minority but it's a good question.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite

Gameplay.
    Fairness.
    Progression.
  • VladimirSochi
    Pieman25 wrote: »

What if it was a game that you didn’t actually have to buy? The company models itself somewhat like a fortnite. You have the option to pay for in game content (i.e packs, cosmetics etc) but the game itself is free to download and play without spending a dime. Would that be at least worth spending 20-30 hours on even with the gross name issues?
  • Pieman25
    15987 posts World Class

What if it was a game that you didn’t actually have to buy? The company models itself somewhat like a fortnite. You have the option to pay for in game content (i.e packs, cosmetics etc) but the game itself is free to download and play without spending a dime. Would that be at least worth spending 20-30 hours on even with the gross name issues?

Tbh I like Fifa mate, yeah it's not perfect and yeah it definitely needs improved but if I didn't like playing it I'd just bin it. Everyone seems to hate it and are not going to buy it but it's the same people have said it in the past.

In game content, subscription models etc etc do nothing for me, I just want to buy the game and get on with it. I am 38 now though so get that I might be behind the times in what works.
  • Nazgul
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect

-Smooth gameplay

-Cups/tournaments/mini leagues/more ways to play

-More ways to analyse performance, i’d love to be able to go back 10, 20 or even more games to look at average player ratings, goals scored, passes completed etc.
  • VladimirSochi
    One of the (many) issues I see with FUT is that they make an absolute fortune on the game mode alone. Most people buy fifa just for FUT and we all know that even if the new demo is promising, it will be patched and changed in a matter of weeks.

This is something an ambitious development team could definitely undercut. The biggest obstacle being licensing. But a free game every 12 months with a similar revenue stream to FUT would allow players to try the full game without spending, therefore also keeping the company honest. If the game sucked, nobody will spend a dime on it and the game won’t be profitable. If the game is good, it’s a potentially a very profitable concept. It would force open communication between the devs and its player base.
  • VladimirSochi

Tbh I like Fifa mate, yeah it's not perfect and yeah it definitely needs improved but if I didn't like playing it I'd just bin it. Everyone seems to hate it and are not going to buy it but it's the same people have said it in the past.

In game content, subscription models etc etc do nothing for me, I just want to buy the game and get on with it. I am 38 now though so get that I might be behind the times in what works.

Fair enough. I totally get what you are saying. Thanks again for the input!
  • VladimirSochi
    Nazgul wrote: »

-Smooth gameplay

-Cups/tournaments/mini leagues/more ways to play

-More ways to analyse performance, i’d love to be able to go back 10, 20 or even more games to look at average player ratings, goals scored, passes completed etc.

Thanks for the input!
  • silverdale10
    1327 posts Professional
    I'd prefer FUT if it *didn't* have real kits or badges. They're supposed to be our own club, not a mish-mash of one kit of one club, the badge of another, stadium of somebody else and away kit of another. I think it would be cool to be able to design your own badge and kit from an array of templates.
  • VladimirSochi
    I'd prefer FUT if it *didn't* have real kits or badges. They're supposed to be our own club, not a mish-mash of one kit of one club, the badge of another, stadium of somebody else and away kit of another. I think it would be cool to be able to design your own badge and kit from an array of templates.

Great point! Thank you!
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 31
    Honest and transparent answers only please :)

If another game (no this has nothing to do with PES lol it’s purely a hypothetical question) came out with a similar mode to FUT with vastly superior gameplay, but no licensing came out, would you be interested? Assuming the game still utilized a similar component to SBCs, had a massive player database, smooth gameplay that constantly took and implemented community feedback and was also in open dialogue/communication with its player base.

Assuming it reintroduced a similar structure for bronze and silver only tournaments, maintained weekly challenges, incorporated a competitive mode similar to WL and was genuinely a joy to play. Passing didn’t feel broken, defending was improved, skill moves were effective but nerfed etc.

The biggest catch being it had absolutely no licensing whatsoever. Though it could be very mod friendly and therefore the community on PC and PS4 could implement stadiums, badges, kits etc if they chose.

If this was a reality, would you be interested at all or would the stance be “no licensing, no interest. Not enough players at the start to hold my attention. I’m going back to FUT”

What say you?

Would definitely switch. I'm all about the gameplay and want to spend as little time as possible doing menu ''stuff''. I don't care about gamemodes, rewards, SBC's, trading etc.... I only care about the actual game of football on the pitch.