United / Juve agreed Dybala/Lukaku swap

IxToMxI
5488 posts Big Money Move
just personal terms to sort out, on Sky Sports news looks like this is about to happen

Comments

• Claret_n_blue_blood
    13950 posts Has That Special Something
    Terrible deal
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm more than happy to swap Lukaku for Dybala tbh. Just hope Dybala agrees now.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4824 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 30
    I think it’s a good move for Man U. I’m not sure dybala will agree as he just seems like more of serie a/ La Liga type guy. I think a true elite number 10 is exactly what they need. He is great at sliding into tight spaces and finishing. They have plenty of players that can get in behind. So he would be fantastic support.

I should add that yes. Pogba can be an elite number 10. But I feel he is wasted there. I want him right in the middle if I’m a Man U fan. Not deep like Jose played him and not at CAM. Right in the engine room.
  • Boysie91
    8093 posts League Winner
    edited July 30
    I think we got the better deal if it's a straight swap.
    I just hope he doesn't turn into a Sanchez/ADM flop and give it his all.
    I did want him at United a couple of seasons ago though.
    Post edited by Boysie91 on
  • Pocketsquareguy
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I think we got the better deal if it's a straight swap.
    I just hope he doesn't turn into a Sanchez/ADP flop and give it his all.
    I did want him at United a couple of seasons ago though.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Sanchez is old and in a bad system for him. Dybala can grow into a role.
  • IxToMxI
    Dybala behind Rashford in this new 4231
  • ASHERLAUYY
    739 posts Semi-Pro
    Gonna be utd and arsenal battling for the last top 4 spot it seems.
  • Ishibum
    12141 posts Has That Special Something
    Man, that Sanchez deal will go down as one of the worst of all time.

As for this deal, if it goes through it is pretty interesting. I don't think Lukaku will do well in a Sarri team and Dybala could be a world beater if he adapts to the pace. Will be totally fine with the physicality though.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Ishibum wrote: »

As for this deal, if it goes through it is pretty interesting. I don't think Lukaku will do well in a Sarri team and Dybala could be a world beater if he adapts to the pace. Will be totally fine with the physicality though.

Seemed like such a great deal at the time 😂

I think Dybala could do really well in the Prem I don't think he will have a problem adapting to the pace. Hopefully anyway haha
  • Boysie91
    8093 posts League Winner
    Still think we need to strengthen our squad.
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

• LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly doesn't seem like Dybala WANTS to come to Utd, and we need players that want to be there

Would be very happy if he proved me wrong tho, could be a great signing if he comes with the right attitude
  • Boysie91
    8093 posts League Winner
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Honestly doesn't seem like Dybala WANTS to come to Utd, and we need players that want to be there

Would be very happy if he proved me wrong tho, could be a great signing if he comes with the right attitude

Yeah I feel the same I think he is being forced out and we don't want players who just join for the money.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

Think we will definitely get Maguire, not so sure now about Bruno if we get Dybala but if we could add them three to what we have already got then we're definitely taking a step in the right direction.
  • Pocketsquareguy

Yeah I feel the same I think he is being forced out and we don't want players who just join for the money.

Dybala seems like a nice guy. I don’t see him as somebody that would steal from a club. He is being forced out. But at the same time I think he would give his all for United. I also think if he gets his confidence back he could be lethal for them.
  • IxToMxI
    I think a player with something to prove is exactly what United needs, one season without champs league seems worth it if you break back into the champions league the following year with the biggest club in the world
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    I think a player with something to prove is exactly what United needs, one season without champs league seems worth it if you break back into the champions league the following year with the biggest club in the world

That would be exactly his attitude in the dream scenario
  • Murphdogz
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Dybala behind Rashford in this new 4231

Rashford isn't good enough for United.
    He just isn't clinical enough.
    Look at our past strikers in the last few years for example.
    Rooney
    Ibra
    Van persie

Clinical goal scorers personally don't rate van persie but he did great for United 20th title.

Rashford just doesn't score enough goals.
    He is better on the wings.

Problem is and I've been a united fan and been to so many matches and watched so many matches for the last 20 years.
    So many managers been and gone and have slowly sold our best players.for new flops.
    We was winning titles with the likes of Rooney,Nani,evra,scholes,vidic Ferdinand Carrick you know not to mention Ronaldo park ji sung ibra and so on.

But managers came and slowly replaced them.and now all the above players who are still playing are outplaying all the players at United.
    I mean now we have rashford Herrera ,Fred Phil Jones,Chris smalling probably the worst defence in the league.
    Just look at their ratings on FIFA it says it all lol.
    United ain't like they use to be.they no longer hold a threat. United's time has been and gone.

Players mentioned above and fergie is what made united what they was before.
    No manager or dybala will change that.
    The team needs gutting.

It pains me to say it but haven't won the league since fergie left.and don't think we will.

Man city is the main team in the league now.

• Boysie91
    8093 posts League Winner

Dybala seems like a nice guy. I don’t see him as somebody that would steal from a club. He is being forced out. But at the same time I think he would give his all for United. I also think if he gets his confidence back he could be lethal for them.

Hopefully he does give his all and I know how good he can be if he plays well.
  • Boysie91
    8093 posts League Winner
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

Think we will definitely get Maguire, not so sure now about Bruno if we get Dybala but if we could add them three to what we have already got then we're definitely taking a step in the right direction.

I would still like to hope Bruno is possible as I think we would be silly to pass up on him and Dybala can play winger to fit him in and possibly sell Sanchez if we can.
  • Murphdogz
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero

I think Bebe was the worst in all footballing history lol
  • Pablofsi08
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dybala plus Rashford to make the EPL tremble.
  • Ishibum
    12141 posts Has That Special Something
    Murphdogz wrote: »

I think Bebe was the worst in all footballing history lol

Sanchez's wages covered Bebe's transfer fee after 3 and a half months.
  • Lackosweat
    5443 posts Big Money Move
    RvP was deadly. He was definitely a clinical scorer. What on earth makes you guys think that he’s not ?
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

We're meant to be getting Bruno too, going to some squad on paper next season if we pull off Bruno, Dybala, Maguire. AWB looking phenomenal, James looking like one for the future. I'd fancy us for 3rd, maybe even push pool for second, they won't be near as good next season with VAR.
  • lippyone
    1129 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

I'd fancy us for 3rd, maybe even push pool for second, they won't be near as good next season with VAR.

:-) You both going to suffer, Opposition may actually get a few decisions now

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

I would still like to hope Bruno is possible as I think we would be silly to pass up on him and Dybala can play winger to fit him in and possibly sell Sanchez if we can.

Would be a miracle if we could get Sanchez off the wage bill but unfortunately I don't think he's going anywhere.
    - Maguire or Koulibaly
    - Bruno Fernandes
    - a solid DM

We're meant to be getting Bruno too, going to some squad on paper next season if we pull off Bruno, Dybala, Maguire. AWB looking phenomenal, James looking like one for the future. I'd fancy us for 3rd, maybe even push pool for second, they won't be near as good next season with VAR.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves but we would definitely push into top 4 and attract bigger names next summer when we have CL football to offer again then we can think about pushing for titles.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    739 posts Semi-Pro
    Pushing for 2nd is a bit much.
  • Retro_G
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »

Don't underestimate VAR, the amount of points Liverpool got last season from dodgy decisions was ridiculous.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    739 posts Semi-Pro

Don't underestimate VAR, the amount of points Liverpool got last season from dodgy decisions was ridiculous.

There are 3 teams that are clearly better than you with better more accomplished mangers. VAR isn't suddenly going to compensate for that. All in all it's progress, but pushing for second is a massive stretch.
  • Retro_G

There are 3 teams that are clearly better than you with better more accomplished mangers. VAR isn't suddenly going to compensate for that. All in all it's progress, but pushing for second is a massive stretch.

Better on paper at the moment, but let's see how this window goes. We finished second two seasons ago, if we bring in another few good signings and anything is possible.

Things can change quickly in football. Liverpool regressed in the league two seasons ago, but a good transfer window saw them put up a title challenge, albeit with lots of dodgy decisions.

Ole knows what he is doing, has us playing a distinct way of football. Undefeated in pre-season, revving to go this season. Watch this space!