Here’s why PES 2020 is better than any FIFA in the gameplay

1345
ALU2
50 posts Park Captain
1, no ping pong pass, player need to manually control the power of pass, read the game before you make next execution instead of brainlessly press pass button until reach to your opponent’s box
2, no OP skill move abuse, just like real football, the best weapon to kill your opponent is run and pass, football is a teamwork not one man show, remember Tekkex 4 elastic SM in a row and score in the Fifa tournament? Totally insult to football
3, no OP first time shot/fitness shot mechanics from impossible angle to score, the shoot in PES just feel real, way less exploits than FIFA, in FIFA you have to abuse mechanics to score no matter how ridiculous the occasion is, but you can’t score when you are just 5 meters out of the target
4, you get reward as you play better, your player don’t go bronze in a sudden, you have responsive control on your defender, they can defend as the way you wish
5,better physic impact implementation, it’s just more real than FIFA, I will say it’s the biggest impression for me from the demo, you don’t see any part of player can get through by a hand, leg, head or ball, when 2 player got a impact just like 2 player got a impact in real life, ball bounces as real, in Fifa, ball always oddly stop bouncing as long as it has a impact with player, disobey the rule of physics, then all the disgusted rebound keep happening
6, better animation, every single move, from run, pass and shoot, just feel smooth and spot on, when you are using Messi you can feel it’s Messi, remember the way Messi runs in FIFA 19? Hilarious. And in Fifa, everything is focus on fast pace, animation is literally simplified and lessened, feels robotic and unreal
FIFA has its good, the license advantage give it better presentation, better graphic on the surroundings, more real face in the game, but I think player face looked more real in PES than EA, anyway, if you like play football game like in real life, you really need to give PES a try, at least try the Demo

Comments

  • Vichy360
    84 posts Park Captain
    edited July 30
    Both r **** since 2014 mate !
  • Tristan_Pecan
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    But do they have a mode as addictive as FUT?
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    But do they have a mode as addictive as FUT?

    Well, I’m talking about gameplay, and that’s all
  • Manager mode was >>>>> FUT,, till they decided to keep it as a formality
  • Ishibum
    12258 posts Has That Special Something
    Do you work for Konami?
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    But do they have a mode as addictive as FUT?

    MyClub is a halfway decent effort. If there have been improvements this year then the gap could be closing further.

    Visually and gameplay wise PES is miles ahead of FIFA. FIFA isn't a football game any more with it's breakneck gameplay speed and ridiculous array of over the top, unrealistic skills.
  • MPL4
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just been playing the demo.... Its actually decent. If it can implement the addictiveness of FUT, I could easily be tempted this year
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Do you work for Konami?

    All I said is based on fact, all the merits I point out from FIFA is what people keep complaining for years
  • fc_tosno
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 30
    But do they have a mode as addictive as FUT?

    my club is sooooo boring. I really hate the ball mechanism for new players. I does not allow you to build your own squad + it will never have the content like fut 19.

    If they brought back a similar mode like master league online, i would give it another try.
  • Ishibum
    12258 posts Has That Special Something
    Recoba wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »
    Do you work for Konami?

    No. He knows a thing or two about football.

    I wonder if you ever played or watched a football game making a comment like that.

    There's a distinct lack of balance though. No mention of the awful lag that folk have experienced in previous versions or the fact it can take 5-10 mins to find a game (and then be matched up against someone the other side of the world).

    Also, this is pretty much the forum equivalent of doorstepping. I'm aware the game exists and that there's a demo. I don't need someone evangelising it though, or casting aspersions on my own football knowledge when I raise doubts (pro tip: not how you win friends).

    And I write all this as someone who is not planning on buying '20.
  • D0lvl
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Saw Inception's video and a couple of other's videos on the demo.

    One thing that stands out is that the animation is very stiff. Gameplay looks slow. Could be that I'm used to Fifa but something about PES animations isn't 'right'. It looks off.
  • Tristan_Pecan
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    ALU2 wrote: »
    But do they have a mode as addictive as FUT?

    Well, I’m talking about gameplay, and that’s all

    Right, so FIFA will still rule.
  • BigHarryNutz
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do you have stocks in PES?

    The hell you're doing on a FIFA forum if you're such a fanboy? Didn't you get bashed enough on your earlier post?
    You're like one of those guys on the streets who try to sell you their religion.

    I'm fine with the one i have thankyouverymuch.

  • selb
    6268 posts Big Money Move
    When you get online, in the full game you'll still come across some stupid mechanics that people have found a way to abuse, laggy games etc. Will be different bs to FIFA but still bs
  • CheeseSlice
    726 posts Semi-Pro
    ALU2 wrote: »
    1, no ping pong pass, player need to manually control the power of pass, read the game before you make next execution instead of brainlessly press pass button until reach to your opponent’s box
    2, no OP skill move abuse, just like real football, the best weapon to kill your opponent is run and pass, football is a teamwork not one man show, remember Tekkex 4 elastic SM in a row and score in the Fifa tournament? Totally insult to football
    3, no OP first time shot/fitness shot mechanics from impossible angle to score, the shoot in PES just feel real, way less exploits than FIFA, in FIFA you have to abuse mechanics to score no matter how ridiculous the occasion is, but you can’t score when you are just 5 meters out of the target
    4, you get reward as you play better, your player don’t go bronze in a sudden, you have responsive control on your defender, they can defend as the way you wish
    5,better physic impact implementation, it’s just more real than FIFA, I will say it’s the biggest impression for me from the demo, you don’t see any part of player can get through by a hand, leg, head or ball, when 2 player got a impact just like 2 player got a impact in real life, ball bounces as real, in Fifa, ball always oddly stop bouncing as long as it has a impact with player, disobey the rule of physics, then all the disgusted rebound keep happening
    6, better animation, every single move, from run, pass and shoot, just feel smooth and spot on, when you are using Messi you can feel it’s Messi, remember the way Messi runs in FIFA 19? Hilarious. And in Fifa, everything is focus on fast pace, animation is literally simplified and lessened, feels robotic and unreal
    FIFA has its good, the license advantage give it better presentation, better graphic on the surroundings, more real face in the game, but I think player face looked more real in PES than EA, anyway, if you like play football game like in real life, you really need to give PES a try, at least try the Demo


    Guessing you making your way over to the konami forum any minute now
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    ALU2 wrote: »
    But do they have a mode as addictive as FUT?

    Well, I’m talking about gameplay, and that’s all

    Right, so FIFA will still rule.

    Popularity doesn’t mean superiority, Konami is on the right way and getting better and better, EA is on the 100% opposite direction. if one day, PES Dev has enough capital to build up an online mode as FUT and equivalent license as EA, FIFA will be kicked off from iron throne right away

  • King_Cantona77
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just tried it there. Seems incredibly slow and lethargic. Everything seems to float too.
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    Do you have stocks in PES?

    The hell you're doing on a FIFA forum if you're such a fanboy? Didn't you get bashed enough on your earlier post?
    You're like one of those guys on the streets who try to sell you their religion.

    I'm fine with the one i have thankyouverymuch.

    Really, I’m forcing you to buy my religion? Every issue I point out from FIFA is my fantasy?
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    Just tried it there. Seems incredibly slow and lethargic. Everything seems to float too.

    You are just telling everyone you didn’t try it
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Saw Inception's video and a couple of other's videos on the demo.

    One thing that stands out is that the animation is very stiff. Gameplay looks slow. Could be that I'm used to Fifa but something about PES animations isn't 'right'. It looks off.

    Yeah, you're used to FIFA's ridiculous, 100mph, fast forward gameplay.
  • BigHarryNutz
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ALU2 wrote: »
    Do you have stocks in PES?

    The hell you're doing on a FIFA forum if you're such a fanboy? Didn't you get bashed enough on your earlier post?
    You're like one of those guys on the streets who try to sell you their religion.

    I'm fine with the one i have thankyouverymuch.

    Really, I’m forcing you to buy my religion? Every issue I point out from FIFA is my fantasy?

    No you're just opening one post after another telling us how great PES is.

    How's that different from a guy who stops you on the streets telling you how awesome God is and how relieved you will be if you accept Jesus Christ (PES) as your savior?
  • D0lvl
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    One thing that I saw that PES does better is ball physics. It actually seems like a separate entity of its own and not on 'rails' like in fifa. In fifa, the ball always seems like it needs to be attached to something. The ball goes from one point to one point. In PES, it looks like ball control is important. An erratic pass in fifa will be fine since it will travel from point a to point b. In PES, it looks like the ball has a chance of completely going anywhere depending on how the pass was initiated and how the receiver is able to receive the pass and control the ball.

  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    edited July 30
    ALU2 wrote: »
    Do you have stocks in PES?

    The hell you're doing on a FIFA forum if you're such a fanboy? Didn't you get bashed enough on your earlier post?
    You're like one of those guys on the streets who try to sell you their religion.

    I'm fine with the one i have thankyouverymuch.

    Really, I’m forcing you to buy my religion? Every issue I point out from FIFA is my fantasy?

    No you're just opening one post after another telling us how great PES is.

    How's that different from a guy who stops you on the streets telling you how awesome God is and how relieved you will be if you accept Jesus Christ (PES) as your savior?

    I’m just telling people PES 2020 is worth a try and why, I tried PES2019 demo, and stopped playing after 5 mins play, I didn’t make any post to lift PES 2019 at anywhere on the planet
  • ALU2
    50 posts Park Captain
    D0lvl wrote: »
    One thing that I saw that PES does better is ball physics. It actually seems like a separate entity of its own and not on 'rails' like in fifa. In fifa, the ball always seems like it needs to be attached to something. The ball goes from one point to one point. In PES, it looks like ball control is important. An erratic pass in fifa will be fine since it will travel from point a to point b. In PES, it looks like the ball has a chance of completely going anywhere depending on how the pass was initiated and how the receiver is able to receive the pass and control the ball.

    You got the point, buddy
  • King_Cantona77
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    ALU2 wrote: »
    Just tried it there. Seems incredibly slow and lethargic. Everything seems to float too.

    You are just telling everyone you didn’t try it

    Aye OK pal. I was a PES fanatic up until FIFA 16. It just seems so slow and sluggish.
  • BigHarryNutz
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    D0lvl wrote: »
    One thing that I saw that PES does better is ball physics. It actually seems like a separate entity of its own and not on 'rails' like in fifa. In fifa, the ball always seems like it needs to be attached to something. The ball goes from one point to one point. In PES, it looks like ball control is important. An erratic pass in fifa will be fine since it will travel from point a to point b. In PES, it looks like the ball has a chance of completely going anywhere depending on how the pass was initiated and how the receiver is able to receive the pass and control the ball.

    Isn't that what is gonna be one of the improvements in FIFA 20?
  • D0lvl
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    D0lvl wrote: »
    One thing that I saw that PES does better is ball physics. It actually seems like a separate entity of its own and not on 'rails' like in fifa. In fifa, the ball always seems like it needs to be attached to something. The ball goes from one point to one point. In PES, it looks like ball control is important. An erratic pass in fifa will be fine since it will travel from point a to point b. In PES, it looks like the ball has a chance of completely going anywhere depending on how the pass was initiated and how the receiver is able to receive the pass and control the ball.

    Isn't that what is gonna be one of the improvements in FIFA 20?

    I hope fifa 20 gets ball physics right. All these new and improved features EA is telling us.....I'll do a wait and see approach before I declare it better than in fifa 19.
  • maunokoivisto
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Millions of people are still playing FIFA. And few of quitters are still here ?
  • D0lvl
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    In fifa 19, there really isn't an incentive to just 'clear out' the ball i.e. just dumping it back to the midfield or just kicking the ball away if deep inside the penalty box or there is a high scoring chance from the opponent.

    Let's say your on defense and you get possession of the ball. You have no good passing options. You can literally 'hail mary' kick the ball (lob or through ball) to a stay forward striker and chances are good that this teammate is available and will receive the pass because the ball is still on 'rails' going from point a to point b.

    In PES, a hail mary pass would be seem erratic and the ball would probably just go out of bounds, turnover, but definitely a low chance of making it to a teammate conveniently waiting for the counter attack.
Sign In or Register to comment.