FIFA 20 [New, confirmed stuff]

Tsarov
5631 posts Big Money Move
edited July 2019
1) Scoreboards and menus will be darker this year. And we will get new ones. I know, I know, that is an absolutely key information.

2) Daily and weekly objectives will be replaced by objectives lasting for a certain amount of time (very similar to Fortnite’s stuff).
E.g. you will have to do certain objectives within a month. More completed = better rewards.

3) For the points earned in 2) we will be able to create our own tifo displays and crests. Crests will be based on the templates and colors provided by EA.

4) While playing single matches against our friends, players will not be losing any contracts or stamina.

5) We will get new ways to play against our friends. I do not know what it is at this point.

6) FUT Champions formula will remain unchanged. 30 games from early Friday to early Monday.

More to come.

Comments

• Pughy30
    27235 posts Player of the Year
    No change to fut champs is a joke when will EA learn
  • Scutch
    15009 posts World Class
    edited July 2019
    Is it true that the rewards/objectives will be based on the rating of your club? I think @WFCBagnall posted a link saying once you hit 185 rated squad you'll cease to get stupid rewards in Daily Objectives etc. that aren't fitting of a higher rated club?

Bagnall can try and find it again - I can't :(
  • Paciga45
    3872 posts National Call-Up
    Pughy30 wrote: »

Has anyone actually asked for this to stay in place?
  • Tsarov
    Scutch wrote: »
    Is it true that the rewards/objectives will be based on the rating of your club? I think @WFCBagnall posted a link saying once you hit 185 rated squad you'll cease to get stupid rewards in Daily Objectives etc. that aren't fitting of a higher rated club?

Bagnall can try and find it again - I can't :(

Unfortunately I do not know that.

One clarification. By new game modes against friends I mean certain ways of playing, e.g. match without any rules.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

Why? Thought they did it pretty well this year. A lot more needs to be done other than fut champs structure.
  • Dan is Clutch
    28511 posts Player of the Year
    God i hope there is more info on Wednesday because that list is extremely disappointing. :joy:
  • Azof
    17916 posts World Class

What change do you want?
  • Azof
    17916 posts World Class
    And inb4 they add a battlepass like fortnite you have to pay for
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    The only thing that needed fixing was their servers,ultimately that's the games biggest downfall,another year of random Disconnects and people quitting out and us getting the loss for it 😭
  • Finesse_4days
    10251 posts Has That Special Something
    Well that seems like a steaming pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ :D , if that's their changes what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ have they been doing the last year.
  • Dan is Clutch
    28511 posts Player of the Year
    God i hope there is more info on Wednesday because that list is extremely disappointing. :joy:

Love when new features are just fixes of awfully implemented features like the scoreboard or refs getting in the way.

Like when they took online single matches away and then brought them back the next year marketing them as a new feature. :joy:
  • Tsarov
    One more info, which I should mention. EA knows that the community is enjoying the overall structure of the rewards for playing FUT Champions, so no major changes there.

There will be a little change in case of Division Rivals points earned through playing FUT Champions, but nothing major.

Also searching on the transfer market by a certain type of an item was not even confirmed or denied. So, we will see.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Fut champs should start 6pm Thursday, same end time
  • Shaanxz
    21419 posts Club Captain
    I just want a casual mode in fut. hopefully the implement all the house rules modes into fut
  • ccooaattssyy
    11855 posts Has That Special Something
    I wish they’d put Volta in FUT. 5 cards.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I just want a casual mode in fut. hopefully the implement all the house rules modes into fut

Fut Co op needed
  • Orison
    55392 posts National Treasure
    Tsarov wrote: »
    One more info, which I should mention. EA knows that the community is enjoying the overall structure of the rewards for playing FUT Champions, so no major changes there.

There will be a little change in case of Division Rivals points earned through playing FUT Champions, but nothing major.

Also searching on the transfer market by a certain type of an item was not even confirmed or denied. So, we will see.

I absolutely loved elite rewards this year (apart from tots that's when they became trash :trollface: ). Love packing me some 76 rated ifs.

Champs rewards need to be better for better players and rivals rewards are the biggest joke. I hope to god you are wrong and they actually changed some stuff
  • ccooaattssyy
    Wish the objectives were like COD challenges
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25721 posts Player of the Year

Love when new features are just fixes of awfully implemented features like the scoreboard or refs getting in the way.

Like when they took online single matches away and then brought them back the next year marketing them as a new feature. :joy:

Pure innovation
  • Scutch
    15009 posts World Class
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Fut champs should start 6pm Thursday, same end time

Yup. It shouldn’t be “Weekend” League at all.
  • Orison
    55392 posts National Treasure

Pure innovation

@ORANGEeffect05 friendlies not affecting stamina or contracts was a thing until fifa 13 iirc.

Fifa 20 is legit just a mash-up of features from previous years haha (strafe dribbling from fifa 17, the new pen/fk system from fifa 08 or so, this and so on).
  • ccooaattssyy
    The free kick system is from like Fifa 2003
  • Campino
    29797 posts National Team Captain
    Very underwhelming
  • Empyrium7
    3745 posts National Call-Up
    instead of adding new ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and features. It would be great if they fix the features that are already in the game.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    Orison wrote: »

Pure innovation

@ORANGEeffect05 friendlies not affecting stamina or contracts was a thing until fifa 13 iirc.

Fifa 20 is legit just a mash-up of features from previous years haha (strafe dribbling from fifa 17, the new pen/fk system from fifa 08 or so, this and so on).

Such low effort but I guess they know most of us will play loads regardless :/
  • Azof
    17916 posts World Class
    Sauce on info btw?
  • Tsarov
    If we will get 'limited' new additions to the game and instead major amendments to the gameplay will be made.

Then I am more than happy.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Realistically this is the worst Gameplay FIFA has ever had and we all still play it to some degree. We love it really.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    Realistically this is the worst Gameplay FIFA has ever had and we all still play it to some degree. We love it really.

The FUT concept is so damn addicting and the content, for as much stick as it gets, is better than ever. Gameplay was awful and I've still played over 1000 games lol