OT: Pes 20 demo

Bobo23
823 posts Semi-Pro
Who's going to be giving it a shot tomorrow? Will be interesting to hear everyones opinions on it.

Feel this could be the year a lot of people finally switch to pes after the debacle that was Fifa 19!

Comments

• DannySTFC
    1296 posts Professional
    Even if people do move to PES a lot will come back as they don’t have a good enough equivalent of FUT regardless of gameplay.
  • Bobo23
    823 posts Semi-Pro
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Even if people do move to PES a lot will come back as they don’t have a good enough equivalent of FUT regardless of gameplay.
    If I can actually enjoy pes, and that's a big if of course. I really wouldn't miss fut too much, as I barely play any games anymore. Mostly just do sbc's.

• Bilbao_Baggins
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    If I can actually enjoy pes, and that's a big if of course. I really wouldn't miss fut too much, as I barely play any games anymore. Mostly just do sbc's.

Same as this. Looks promising this year. I am going to give it a go.
  • Idek
    10289 posts Has That Special Something
    Tried it last year and it wasn't bad but still had enough issues that I sold it before fifa came out, I really don't care about fifa 20 though so I might spend more time on PES this year if it's good enough
  • Shaanxz
    20485 posts Club Captain
    The gameplay is solid but there’s no substance behind it. They lack modes and the modes they currently have lack depth to keep you interested
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    When does it come out in Europe?
  • Safehands84
    3527 posts National Call-Up
    I played both until around Christmas. My opinion, gameplay was better on pes.
    There are some aspect of my club (their version of fut) I preferred the tactics are a lot more in depth, your manager influences your tactics and have more use than just chem like fut. There isnt a transfer market so you only play with what you pack. I actually preferred this. They have a chem system but your players adapt after x amount of games.
    That being said there wssnt enough content, fut wins hands down in the that respect. My main gripe was getting a game, sometime I was waiting 5 minutes for a game, with fifa its instant and that's why I stopped playing pes. My times limited with my kids and I dont want to spend it waiting around for a game. It is good though. I'll give the demo a crack but probably stick with fifa and not buy both this year
  • George_Cook_Over60
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    I bought a copy of PES a while ago, due to being fed up with the goings on in FIFA 19.
    I agree the game lacked some depth and the menus were a bit clunky, but I found the actual match was a much more honest game to play than FIFA. What I mean by that is my passes went where i wanted them to, same as my shooting and tackling, it worked, simple as that.
    I will wait to decide which game (if any) to buy this next edition.
  • Jonx88
    690 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I really hope it is good this year, I really want to get back to playing a football game against the AI and being more relaxed, constantly playing competitive online is not fun, Im a FUT founder and the concept has finally taken its toll on me, the grind every year to achieve the exact same thing....rinse and repeat is not worth it, Konami over the years have done a much better job with the AI as Fifa only care about online play and Fifa points now, I really hope PES comes through this year
  • starfox1284
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    I really hope it is good this year, I really want to get back to playing a football game against the AI and being more relaxed, constantly playing competitive online is not fun, Im a FUT founder and the concept has finally taken its toll on me, the grind every year to achieve the exact same thing....rinse and repeat is not worth it, Konami over the years have done a much better job with the AI as Fifa only care about online play and Fifa points now, I really hope PES comes through this year

that is a great point, playing the competitive modes is really a drag on you mentally and from a time point of view at time, just not worth it.
  • swfcfan89
    942 posts Semi-Pro
    It's decent on the pitch but still nowhere near what it was in the PS2 days and they don't have a hook like FIFA has with FUT. If FIFA didn't have FUT then I would still probably get both but play PES more.

I will definitely be checking out the demo, though.
  • starfox1284
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 29
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    It's decent on the pitch but still nowhere near what it was in the PS2 days and they don't have a hook like FIFA has with FUT. If FIFA didn't have FUT then I would still probably get both but play PES more.

those PS2 and Early PS3 days of PES were awesome...I popped in PES 2008 a few weeks ago and had fun playing it.
  • Recoba
    3817 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 29

Yep no football game will ever come close to PES on PS2.
    Post edited by Recoba on
  • starfox1284
    1772 posts Play-Off Hero
    NathW90 wrote: »
    PES is a pure football game and the much better game in terms of trying to actually replicate the sport.

FIFA is an arcade game now purely designed for nerdy 12 year olds who love spamming ridiculous, unrealistic skilzzzzz that you'd never see in real life.

I'd love to see Konami slowly topple EA and their abysmal game over the next few years.

Thats what is best about PES, its a football game and not a game of just ridiculous skill moves that people use to score because they can't pass and move to score.
  • TheMightyBee
    2116 posts Fans' Favourite
    Without SBC's FUT would have lost a lot of players already.
  • Bobo23
    823 posts Semi-Pro
    So true, without coming back for new sbc's. There's really nothing to pull you into fut these days.

• Recoba
    edited July 29

I wonder how many people would play FIFA if FUT didn't exist.
  • Dazzler179
    1148 posts Professional
    I’m going to rent PES and see if I like it. I hope they make improvements to their version of FUT in terms of content but I do like the play with what you have way of doing it rather than packs.

I’m not getting Fifa 20, totally fed up of the nonsense and greed. I’ll miss it, especially if I can’t get on with PES but I’ve been saying for ages about spending less time playing Fifa and more time playing retro games.
  • FinEverton
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Will try. No high hopes, but not intrested fifa 20 either. Fifas both trailers were more like kick in groin.
  • Ishibum
    12462 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll try but the big issue for me with them in recent years has been the horrific lag online.
  • Recoba
    FinEverton wrote: »
    Will try. No high hopes, but not intrested fifa 20 either. Fifas both trailers were more like kick in groin.

The engine is really poor I'm not expecting much.
  • swfcfan89
    942 posts Semi-Pro
    Not impressed so far. Very clunky.
  • selb
    6577 posts Big Money Move

PES 19 was the same, clunky as hell and terrible online
  • Retro_G
    29193 posts Player of the Year

Are you playing online/offline?
  • swfcfan89
    942 posts Semi-Pro
    Retro_G wrote: »

Are you playing online/offline?

Online.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5308 posts Big Money Move
    Already preordered. I’m do every year to support Konami. Plus the extra money is worth it for ronaldinho. Imagine EA giving an icon with a preorder.
  • Anti_Replay
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Always love PES gameplay but the lack of Online matches and mode really driven me away. I mean too easy beating CPU to the point feel so lonely in football world
  • Jim
    1375 posts Professional
    PES isn't worth it in NA. It doesn't sell at all here, so the wait time for a game is horrible. And when you finally find an opponent you have to open up all the filters so most of the time it's someone with a much higher ranking, or occasionally a kid who barely understands the controls. Playing against the AI is more fun than FIFA, but there's just not enough single player content.

Konami really needs to revamp Myclub if they want to compete.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    my num 1 complaint and reason why i switched to fifa in 12 was the online.

the lag always sucked. it was to a point where i had to power thorugh numerous matches to get used to the lag and get used to play the game with the lag. fk that. i dont want to do that again.

if they can fix their servers i'll be ecstatic.