The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Sick of this game now! Anyone who plays away against me will get the win!!!

Torn4do
1037 posts Professional
As title, I just can’t be bothered with this game anymore, I never get a decent reward and the gameplay is horrible!

Time to make a few people happy with free wins!

Comments

• GEEMAN04
    660 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep I got a nice wee ban for moaning about people backing out. It's an absolute joke. If I'm matched away il play it but every time I get a home game every pleb backs out,it's a farce. Hope they come up with something for 20... @EA_Andy anything being done about this home and away games cause I don't care what anyone says there is a slight advantage for the home side when playing......
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    People play home because top players avoid each other this way, it has nothing to with any gameplay advantage. Game is played on dedicated servers so connection advantage doesn't exist.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    maksi wrote: »
    People play home because top players avoid each other this way, it has nothing to with any gameplay advantage. Game is played on dedicated servers so connection advantage doesn't exist.

If playing on a server there will always be someone with a connection advantage, thats the person with the lowest ping (packet loss to and from the server)...

Peer to peer makes it completely even, so when one has lag they both suffer from it; being the double edge sword this is, most abusers/toxic people take advantage and purposefully destabilize the connection to ruin the others experience.

All the devs had to do was code in whose connection was destabilizing sporadically and give them the loss (since this is supposed to be a competitive game and having poor connection is punishable in any competition). Instead we have these few servers with rerouting and lag compensation which turns most people off.
  • maksi
    If playing on a server there will always be someone with a connection advantage, thats the person with the lowest ping (packet loss to and from the server)...
    true, but you have no control over this, home/away doesn't give you connection advantage

• maksi
    Peer to peer makes it completely even, so when one has lag they both suffer from it; being the double edge sword this is, most abusers/toxic people take advantage and purposefully destabilize the connection to ruin the others experience.
    not true, they can limit upload speed and only you will suffer from delay (google lag switch)

• BombSquadPuppy
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    maksi wrote: »
    not true, they can limit upload speed and only you will suffer from delay (google lag switch)

Limiting connection is in fact destabilizing it, hence the lag switch all those people used, or simply “jiggling” the ethernet cable behind the xbox
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    See I only play home because I prefer to shoot up the pitch 😂😂 call me crazy
    Every fifa I’ve always preferred it & 90% I’m always home so I’m happy
    I’ve never backed out of a game if I’m the away
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s crazy how many pros play weekend league. I played 20 games and 19 were away.
  • Ruprecht
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've played 13 games, 2 home games were losses and won 11 playing away. Didnt notice much difference either way.