OT: Bale moving to China

Comments

• JohnDoe
    11183 posts Has That Special Something
    lippyone wrote: »
    Agree, great move for him, great move for football in China. The world does not revolve around Europe, and staying in Europe would just mean a steady decline.

Ah, by moving to China he won't just steadily decline (which is a natural thing and happens to all players), he'll instantly crash and burn, got it.
  • number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up
    He will go there make a ton of money, reckon he will come back to Europe/PL in 1-2 years
  • BeastlyHusla
    2702 posts Fans' Favourite
    He will go there make a ton of money, reckon he will come back to Europe/PL in 1-2 years

See this happening aswell.
  • bberger
    5119 posts Big Money Move
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Agree, great move for him, great move for football in China. The world does not revolve around Europe, and staying in Europe would just mean a steady decline.

Ah, by moving to China he won't just steadily decline (which is a natural thing and happens to all players), he'll instantly crash and burn, got it.

I'm pretty sure he means "decline" in form of payment and popularity.

In China he can be the hero and posterboy for at least another few years to come.
  • oneskyworld
    1020 posts Professional
    spy wrote: »
    From what you read he didn’t embrace the culture in Spain at all and was back in Wales at every opportunity - I can’t imagine how he will get on in China!

In for some serious culture shock.

Not really, big city like Shanghai is very westernized. And lots of people speak English.
  • limjitwe
    6690 posts Big Money Move
    There are many many golf courses in China :)
  • Ishibum
    12156 posts Has That Special Something
    limjitwe wrote: »
    There are many many golf courses in China :)

And we have a winner. He'll make it a mission to play as many of them as possible. Fair play
  • Jobiwan
    3042 posts National Call-Up
    None of the big teams would want to take him on at his age and with injury issues etc, and madrid were forcing him out. May as well make a fortune out of a bad situation...
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12836 posts Has That Special Something
    ryan217 wrote: »
    I don't blame him for going there, he's won everything at club level and has spent the last few year getting slaughtered by the media, fans, his manager and his teammates. Can't really blame him for wanting a nice comfortable few years out of the spotlight in China all while getting paid £1m a week to do it

Exactly, RM don't deserve bale. He's far too humble a person to stay there.
  • Brunjes_FC
    216 posts Sunday League Hero
    The dude is 30, and has won FOUR Champion’s leagues. That’s more than most players will ever win. He’s won La Liga, was PFA Young POTY and PFA POTY in England.

How are people saying “he should be trying to compete at the top level”. He has. He’s done it. I’d love to see him back in the EPL too, but in an era where there are so many good young players around, why would a team pay so much for a 30 year old that is getting past his prime.

As others have said as well, it’s his job. May as well take the opportunity to get a huge pay day at the end of his career. There are plenty of others that don’t enjoy their job either, but you don’t just quit, you need to earn money (that’s not to say he doesn’t enjoy it either, I don’t know him to be able to say that).
  • JohnDoe
    11183 posts Has That Special Something
    Brunjes_FC wrote: »
    The dude is 30, and has won FOUR Champion’s leagues. That’s more than most players will ever win. He’s won La Liga, was PFA Young POTY and PFA POTY in England.

How are people saying “he should be trying to compete at the top level”. He has. He’s done it. I’d love to see him back in the EPL too, but in an era where there are so many good young players around, why would a team pay so much for a 30 year old that is getting past his prime.

As others have said as well, it’s his job. May as well take the opportunity to get a huge pay day at the end of his career. There are plenty of others that don’t enjoy their job either, but you don’t just quit, you need to earn money (that’s not to say he doesn’t enjoy it either, I don’t know him to be able to say that).

He still has a couple more years at the top, imo. It’s sad to see a talent like his going to waste, but it’s his choice and career in the end, he should absolutely be free to make more money if he wants to.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2702 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol, RM cancel deal
  • Bobo23
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol, RM cancel deal
    Real Madrid really have **** about with Bale, basically saying he's not wanted and he was better off elsewhere. Now they pull out of the deal. Real Madrid are pathetic

• Cyodine
    1112 posts Professional
    So... What is going on? Does Perez want to keep Bale? Is it only Zidane who wants Bale to leave? I don't see Bale moving to another team at this point.
  • Tornado31619
    15739 posts World Class
    Cyodine wrote: »
    So... What is going on? Does Perez want to keep Bale? Is it only Zidane who wants Bale to leave? I don't see Bale moving to another team at this point.

That’s basically it.