Can’t believe EA is selling TOTS player for $7

LLLLLZ
25 posts Last Pick at the Park
As FIFA 19 only has 7 weeks to meet it’s end, EA want us to spend $7 dollar to subscribe EA access for one month to get an random TOTS player, it’s an insult to my IQ

Comments

• Brunjes_FC
    224 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 27
    What? This is a thing? I signed up a few weeks ago, should have waited.

Also, to be fair, EA Access gets you 10% off of FIFA 20, which even for the base version of the game, saves you more than $10.

Basically, by signing up you are saving money and getting a free TOTS player to use. What was that about your IQ again? 🧐
  • HyperOCD
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Brunjes_FC wrote: »

Also, to be fair, EA Access gets you 10% off of FIFA 20, which even for the base version of the game, saves you more than $10.

Basically, by signing up you are saving money and getting a free TOTS player to use. What was that about your IQ again? 🧐

Every thread he opens is only to moan
  • Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    You can;t believe it? They are a greedy **** company
  • Wooly1203
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Where did you see that? I haven’t heard anything about this
  • Brunjes_FC
    Jpo41 wrote: »

They are charging you $7, to give you more than $10 off of the next game, and any of their other games?

You are literally gaining here. Simple math, holy.

• Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro

They are charging you $7, to give you more than $10 off of the next game, and any of their other games?

Or you could save all that and just not buy the next one
  • Brunjes_FC wrote: »

How's 10% of 60$=10$??
  • Wooly1203 wrote: »

It was a message on starting fut during 24/7(release of access),, but requires u to play fut for 15 days till 24/8
  • Moe_86
    827 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 27
    HyperOCD wrote: »

Every thread he opens is only to moan

I learned in my 33 years of living in this earth, that we have to respect everyone, even if they are different in opinion or anything. I think this is a forum to share our ideas. This is how we can change the game for a better one.
    With all respect to you
  • Wooly1203
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wooly1203 wrote: »

It was a message on starting fut during 24/7(release of access),, but requires u to play fut for 15 days till 24/8

Thanks for the info! I hadn’t heard anything about this
  • Brunjes_FC

How's 10% of 60$=10$??

We are clearly from a different country. I’m Australian, and the base game is over $100 here. I can’t remember what the Access cost was for me, but I thought it was $7.95. Whatever it was, it was less than 10% of the ultimate edition, that I’m purchasing.

• Brunjes_FC

Classic. “The game sucks, I’m not buying it, but I’m going to continue to read and post on its forums.”
  • Brunjes_FC wrote: »

How's 10% of 60$=10$??

We are clearly from a different country. I’m Australian, and the base game is over $100 here. I can’t remember what the Access cost was for me, but I thought it was $7.95. Whatever it was, it was less than 10% of the ultimate edition, that I’m purchasing.

100$ is too much!!!
  • abhreebhu_45
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 27

I didn't believe u,, but this is madness,, i would've refused to buy if such was d case with me

Screenshot-2019-07-27-11-33-16-04.png
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move

Classic. “The game sucks, I’m not buying it, but I’m going to continue to read and post on its forums.”

Ikr!
  • Brunjes_FC
    I didn't believe u,, but this is madness,, i would've refused to buy if such was d case with me

That’s standard in AUS though. All new console games are around $100-$110. Ultimate edition is $129.95 I think.

• LLLLLZ
    edited July 27

That’s standard in AUS though. All new console games are around $100-$110. Ultimate edition is $129.95 I think.

Man, stop make me laughing, JB hi fi will sell standard retail vision at only $69, if you are happy to pay $30 more for the same content for the digital version and insist you got more discount than the subscription fee for EA access, it’s up to your IQ, and don’t forget EA still require you to keep playing this almost dead game 14 days straight to get that random only god know who the hell it is TOTS player.
    Still defending EA? Come on
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/playstation-4/fifa-20/385980/
  • LLLLLZ
    edited July 27

Retail version of most game is $20 - $30 cheaper than digital version in Australia, stop misleading people from other country, you like to pay more for same game doesn’t mean others will do the same
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/games/ps4/
  • Chavez76
    2524 posts Fans' Favourite

you do realise that an Austrlaian Dollar holds a lot less value than an American Dollar or a Pound, right?
    Might want to do some math on that ...

1 Australian dollar = 0.62 Euros, so 100 Aus dollar is about as much as the game sells here as well.
  • Recoba
    3609 posts National Call-Up
    LLLLLZ wrote: »
    As FIFA 19 only has 7 weeks to meet it’s end, EA want us to spend $7 dollar to subscribe EA access for one month to get an random TOTS player, it’s an insult to my IQ

You get alot of games.
  • Retropoe82
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    What about existing customers?
  • Brunjes_FC

Man, stop make me laughing, JB hi fi will sell standard retail vision at only $69, if you are happy to pay $30 more for the same content for the digital version and insist you got more discount than the subscription fee for EA access, it’s up to your IQ, and don’t forget EA still require you to keep playing this almost dead game 14 days straight to get that random only god know who the hell it is TOTS player.
    Still defending EA? Come on
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/playstation-4/fifa-20/385980/

If you read the whole thread, my point was about the fact that OP said the $7 purely pays for the TOTS player. My point was that the discount it gives you on the digital version alone, is more than what it costs you to subscribe. No where did I mention that costs at JB Hi-Fi. Target is even cheaper agin. EB Games though, will sell it at the full $100.

You can’t purchase the ultimate edition in store though, and I want that, so for me, digital is the only choice. In Australia, the digital versions are $100+. That’s a fact.

• Brunjes_FC
    edited July 27

Retail version of most game is $20 - $30 cheaper than digital version in Australia, stop misleading people from other country, you like to pay more for same game doesn’t mean others will do the same
    https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/games/ps4/

Read above. I’m paying for Ultimate edition, which can’t be purchased in store, so have to buy digital. Additionally, I prefer to just download on console, rather than having to drive to the shop, and then have a disc in the console that my 2 year old ejects and breaks.

Additionally, my comment was about purchasing digitally. $100-$110 for digital games in Australia is correct. You can’t use EA Access to get a discount on the game in JB HI-FI. I assumed that was common sense, but I’ll explain further for people like yourself next time, sorry.

• Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up

Game does indeed suck, I haven’t played a single game in months yet here I am.
    Like you, I’m a Fifa addict except I’m here in the hope that people will eventually start posting that they have fixed the delay, sorted out all the other garbage etc instead of throwing cash at them for the Ultimate Edition next year.
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea but they ain't like a game shop where you put a £5 deposit down on your pre order and pay the rest on collection.ea want the whole lot in 1 hit.

Knowing EA their will be a issue on day of release and whoever pre ordered the digital version won't get it until it's in shops 3 days later anyway lol.
    Or to many people on it and the servers go down.
    You will only get a rubbish unusable otw anyway.
    Rather get the actual disc atleast if I go off the game like I do most years I can trade it in.and it be £30-£40 cheaper lol
  • Brunjes_FC
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    Yea but they ain't like a game shop where you put a £5 deposit down on your pre order and pay the rest on collection.ea want the whole lot in 1 hit.

Knowing EA their will be a issue on day of release and whoever pre ordered the digital version won't get it until it's in shops 3 days later anyway lol.
    Rather get the actual disc atleast if I go off the game like I do most years I can trade it in.and it be £30-£40 cheaper lol

Yeah, wouldn’t be surprised about the issues haha. Each to their own I guess. I play it until the end anyway.

I don’t know, as I’m no IT Tech, but maybe there are some technical difficulties with allowing people to pay bits at a time online.
    Who knows though.
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah, wouldn’t be surprised about the issues haha. Each to their own I guess. I play it until the end anyway.

I don’t know, as I’m no IT Tech, but maybe there are some technical difficulties with allowing people to pay bits at a time online.
    Who knows though.

I don't mean pay a bit at a time.
    I mean with any shop a pre-order you put a deposit down to secure your copy.
    I wouldnt hand out full amount unless I have it their and then.thats just me though.
    I would rather disc.
  • Brunjes_FC

Who knows though.

I don't mean pay a bit at a time.
    I mean with any shop a pre-order you put a deposit down to secure your copy.
    I wouldnt hand out full amount unless I have it their and then.thats just me though.
    I would rather disc.

True, but that isn’t an EA thing, it’s a Microsoft/Xbox, and I’m assuming PlayStation as well, thing.

Someone said “greedy EA making you pay for it all at once”, but it’s not just EA.