FIFA 20: Keeping “Motivated”

ccooaattssyy
6903 posts Big Money Move
Another year, another FIFA game where I set out to play a lot, get good results in the Weekend League (for my ability) and yet another (increasingly so) year where I find myself fed up of the game earlier & earlier.

I really do like FIFA, so I don’t think it’s a case of just not bothering, but I do think that I need to change my approach a little.

Here’s my ideas/questions as to how you fellas find the motivation to continue, even deep into July.

Each year I make an icon team. Pretty standard, not usually “meta.” Next year, I’ve decided to go back to a more “competitive” style team that encompasses more of players who are still present with special cards, etc.

I think aiming for the same team (there or there abouts has got a bit stale).

This leads on to financing these changes. I always spend a bit at launch, but not a ridiculous amount. I lose motivation for trading because I can afford those players fairly quickly. I will obviously need a lot more coins though next year. How do those of you that do, continue to trade throughout the year?? Any particular methods that you’ve enjoyed this year?

This leads me on to the WL. I’m an average player, Div 3 in Rivals. That said, I struggle to find motivation to play the Weekend League. I want to next year, consistently play to a G3+ standard. How do you retain the motivation to play that many games over the weekend, every weekend? How many coins does a G3 run reward on average?

Does anyone still play Squad Battles? It’s another mode that could be lucrative, but is it worth the time investment or just a boring waste of time?

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    Basically what I am asking is, how do you continually play FIFA, generate a large amount of coins and consistently perform in the weekend league.
  • Sanchezzzz
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    Squad battles is the devil incarnate.
  • Azof
    16364 posts World Class
    Basically what I am asking is, how do you continually play FIFA, generate a large amount of coins and consistently perform in the weekend league.

Treat it like a full time job
  • WFCBagnall
    69502 posts Moderator
    Leagues>
  • ccooaattssyy
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Leagues>

I really need to get into that. Do you mess bid? I might snap up loads of 200C silvers at EA Access/Launch.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t think leagues will be repeatable more times than players available next year

They have been my best source of income this year & the reward cards make good Icon SBC fodder
  • Shaanxz
    20298 posts Club Captain
    I’ve never spent a penny on Fifa other than buying it. A rtg adds a lot of longevity to ultimate team itself. I would be bored af before January if I had a fully stacked team
  • EddieFicio
    21318 posts Club Captain
    You saidg
  • Evil Slykilla
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    You saidg

exactly
  • ccooaattssyy
    Diggy wrote: »
    I don’t think leagues will be repeatable more times than players available next year

They have been my best source of income this year & the reward cards make good Icon SBC fodder

Hopefully they keep them as they are.
  • ccooaattssyy
    You saidg
    You saidg

exactly

What now?
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Just get into a mindset that you enjoy the competitive games.

Also if you get better at the game playing to 14 wins every weekend doesn't even take much time. Granted less people quit this year due to rivals points, but if you start you play like 5 games saturday evening and another 10 on sunday evening you can probably reach 14 wins in 3 hours.
  • EddieFicio
    21318 posts Club Captain
    X
  • Evil Slykilla
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    X

100 percent man great point, I might do that to start 20 as well
  • Edu
    6549 posts Big Money Move
    I love tournaments and like squad battles for weekly objectives.
    Bring back tournaments with good rewards and I buy fifa 20.
  • Tsarov
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Squad Battles are pretty decent at the beginning of the game when anything you pack cost a lot.

But overall reward bracket there is not worth the time. Win 4 games a week on legendary, grab 10 000 points (Gold 1) and that’s all.

Weekend League is a must, bronze pack method is extremely profitable and of course repeatable league SBC’s (which may be removed from FIFA 20).