Best pure defensive RB

Comments

• NonFlyingDutchman
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Other
    Mbabu.
    But, in his time - i’d say birthday SMS with shadow. Unbeatable defensively, and never lost at the back post. Doesnt offer much going forward though..
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    It's July. Why not the best attacking RB

I didn't know fullbacks had a season where they were best?

What I meant was. I'ts July. why think about defensive FBs when you can involve you FBs in the attack and try to enjoy some attacking football.
    RayS wrote: »

with Fast Buildup, the fullbacks get up too much on Balanced. Even on "stay back" they still get forward on occasion.

I don't use fast build up. but when I tried it. I didn't like it. not a lot of passing options under pressure. but I understand your point.

Why wouldn't you attack in September and have fun in September? :confused:
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Da Costa

What I meant was. I'ts July. why think about defensive FBs when you can involve you FBs in the attack and try to enjoy some attacking football.

with Fast Buildup, the fullbacks get up too much on Balanced. Even on "stay back" they still get forward on occasion.

I don't use fast build up. but when I tried it. I didn't like it. not a lot of passing options under pressure. but I understand your point.

I really don't understand what are you trying to say.

• Other
    Mbabu
  • BaccaTheNet
    906 posts Professional
    TOTS Da Costa
    Da costa
  • BaccaTheNet
    906 posts Professional
    TOTS Da Costa
    Da costa
  • GeTRiGhT
    13056 posts Has That Special Something
    TOTS Da Costa
    Da costa

• Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    TOTS Dumfries
    Tried wll RB’s except Walker. Stuck with Dumfries for chem. TBH, there’s not much difference.
  • Royboy
    1115 posts Professional
    TOTS Da Costa
    TAA and Lala are also up there
  • Paulopudasso
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero

Cant recall the last time I played a game where the opponents full backs even came over the halfway line. Every time I broke up an attack and countered, there was a back 6 in place with the CDMs too.

I like to use my RB/LB to get on, am using TOTS Dumfries and TOTS Mendy and have no issues with either attacking or defending. Dumfries is also a great target on attacking corners, which Mendy takes from the right side too.

My rttf alonso and and futties arias goal contributions are at 300 goals in 575 games combined
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    TOTS Da Costa
    I use Da Costa as a CB in a 352. Beastly!
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero

You said It's July so have some fun and attack... I am merely confused about why July has anything to do with having fun or attacking with your fullback.
  • EekAlaska
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Mbabu probably is the best ive used purely defensively. Best defensive outside back imo and ive used many of the top ones.

Mbabu seems really dominant tbh. Best I've used from a defensive standpoint. Have you used either of TOTS Dumfries or Da Costa?

Used Da Costa and he seemed to like to get forward a lot. Just got TOTS Dumfries in guaranteed 82+ yeaterday so will give him a try. I have TOTS Lala and I like him but I still feel Mbabu was better defensively.
  • EekAlaska
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    I've used all of them and Walker is the best.

Have Walker and feel he is no better than Lala
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Da Costa

You said It's July so have some fun and attack... I am merely confused about why July has anything to do with having fun or attacking with your fullback.

I will understand if people want to qualify for the events in the beginning of the game cycle and have their FBs on stay back. But now, the game is almost over. Why not just play attacking football instead of the boring 6 ATB.
  • Darkwing1708
    1122 posts Professional
    Other
    Tots Cancelo and Tots Lala.
  • Wooly1203
    3669 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Dumfries
    I’ve got to pick Dumfries over Da Costa. Da Costa was great but he makes a lot of runs forward (which is great when attacking) but that sometimes causes him to have to chase people down. Dumfries seems more balanced with attacking and defending IMO. Both are fantastic though
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    Other
    Lala for me on stay back was an absolute monster. For attacking RB I love TAA, for defensive, it has to be him. :)