The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

This is not offsides

Fifapayne
1263 posts Professional
edited July 2019
stole this from another thread
Bringing it to a more busy forum section..

This is not my video...but this IRL is 100 percent not offsides.

Discuss.

Comments

• GK93
    721 posts Professional
    Of course it's offside, player behind the keeper then becomes the 'keeper' and the keeper becomes the last man, the touch off the defender isn't an intentional pass, therefore is still offside
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional
    edited July 2019
    GK93 wrote: »
    Of course it's offside, player behind the keeper then becomes the 'keeper' and the keeper becomes the last man, the touch off the defender isn't an intentional pass, therefore is still offside

According to the new rule
    That is a deliberate play by the defender
    The defender made a play on the ball. The player is not offsides
    As seen here
  • Thefranchise92
    4209 posts National Call-Up

Lol you stole it from another thread. Completely ignored the facts pointing it was offside and didnt check the rules. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the OP on a 2nd account
  • Royboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    Looks like 100% offside to me?
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional

Lol you stole it from another thread. Completely ignored the facts pointing it was offside and didnt check the rules. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the OP on a 2nd account

Watch the videos
    I know the rules
    You dont
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional
    Fifapayne wrote: »

As seen here

Except a block isn't included as a deliberate play as you have little control over the resulting direction of the ball, a deliberate play is an intentional pass, header, or tackle
  • Thefranchise92

Watch the videos
    I know the rules
    You dont

Your player that goes after the rebound is behind the keeper when the ball is played. End of discussion. Why is that so hard to get your head around? Forget all this childish talk
  • Slawter
    3892 posts National Call-Up

Watch the videos
    I know the rules
    You dont

Clearly the opposite is true.

591fbac8ecaf7edc6a2a806e8b777595.png

Offside applies. Deal with it.
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional

As seen here

Pause the video, he's in line, that's why thats not offside
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional

As seen here

Except a block isn't included as a deliberate play as you have little control over the resulting direction of the ball, a deliberate play is an intentional pass, header, or tackle
    Both videos show the player in an offside position after a deflection/rebound .. one resulting in a goal..

The defender in the OP stuck out his leg making a play in the ball and it rebounded off him to an offside player... that player is not deemed not to have gained an advantage and is not considered offsides by the law
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional
    edited July 2019

1:30 min this clip
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional

As seen here

Both videos show the player in an offside position after a deflection/rebound .. one resulting in a goal..

The defender in the OP stuck out his leg making a play in the ball and it rebounded off him to an offside player... that player is not deemed not to have gained an advantage and is not considered offsides by the law

He stuck a leg out, he didn't make a play on the ball, he didn't pass it, head it or tackle you, the ball was essentially kicked at him, not intentional, you were offside, simples, as for the replay of the MLS game, take into account the camera angle, the player is ONSIDE and in line that's why it counted, they don't even look at it for offside because they know its not
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional

I guess this guy just stuck his leg out too right?

@GK93

• ILevis
    998 posts Professional
    Its clear offside, read the rule that Slawter posted. Just because you have a clip of an referee in the european oldies retirement league making an obvisouly wrong call, doesnt mean you are right
  • ILevis
    998 posts Professional
    Seems like americans simply dont know the rules. That Toronto clip is 100% offside, the commentators are just clueless
  • Thefranchise92
    I dont know how to post pics.. but anyway here is something on the keeper aspect

There was only 1 player between you and the goal so it is offside. The goalie counts as one player but he is behind you in this case. ... The Goalkeeper is classed as last man regardless of any other defenders. If you have a player that is behind the keeper and the ball is played forward to that player, he is offside
  • Bobo23
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    Offside 100%. There's nothing arguable about it!
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional

@GK93

But that's not a block 😂 he's attempted to play the ball and control it, you're comparing a touch from a 15 yard pass that he miscontrolled to a block, to which, I've already stated that. Dude you're debating with someone who's got a brother as a referee and is on speaking terms with someone who's refereed a world cup final. Whilst you clearly don't understand basic offsides
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm more surprised that EA coded that into the game correctly. That's usually a situation where someone would be going mad that they conceded an offside goal.
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional
    “A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.”

To clarify the position, FIFA have also provided the following considerations for what constitutes a ‘deliberate’ play on the ball:

A defender goes to play the ball – conscious action
    The defender has time and options
    The defender has control of his actions – not the outcome of the action
    There is distance and space between the pass and the defender playing the ball
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional
    “A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.”

To clarify the position, FIFA have also provided the following considerations for what constitutes a ‘deliberate’ play on the ball:

So you understand the rules now yes? Or are you just deliberately contradicting yourself to confuse us?
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional

@GK93

But that's not a block 😂 he's attempted to play the ball and control it, you're comparing a touch from a 15 yard pass that he miscontrolled to a block, to which, I've already stated that. Dude you're debating with someone who's got a brother as a referee and is on speaking terms with someone who's refereed a world cup final. Whilst you clearly don't understand basic offsides

What don’t you get?
    A defender sticking his leg out to block is a deliberate play on the ball..if the defender just stood there and got hit in the stomach then the player would be offsides
    But since the defender stuck his leg out to block it. He played the ball
    Therefore the player is not offsides anymore
  • Thefranchise92
    The videos your posting have no correlation to the in game incident. It would need to involve a keeper in a similar situation.
  • Bobo23
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    eNuu9X0.jpg

As the ball is played, clearly this is the offside line.
  • ILevis
    998 posts Professional
    You also have to keep the passive offisde rule in mind. If player A is offside and player B specifically makes an effort to block a pass directed at player A, player A already influenced the game by being an intended pass receiver. After that its an automatic offside call, no matter if the defender manages to get a toe on the pass or not before player A receives it.
  • Ultramantis
    90 posts Park Captain
    It's all surprise mechanics.

Also 'offsides' is a plural word.
  • Thefranchise92
    Aee you basically not arguing about the keeper aspect but saying the block negates the offside play?
  • Fifapayne
    1263 posts Professional

So you understand the rules now yes? Or are you just deliberately contradicting yourself to confuse us?

I know exactly what offsides is
    And I know that player is in an offside position
    But since the defender played the ball ( by sticking his leg out) the offside player is no longer considered to gain an advantage.
  • GK93
    721 posts Professional

@GK93

What don’t you get?
    A defender sticking his leg out to block is a deliberate play on the ball..if the defender just stood there and got hit in the stomach then the player would be offsides
    But since the defender stuck his leg out to block it. He played the ball
    Therefore the player is not offsides anymore

Read back through all these posts, one of them mentions distance and reaction time, if I stood 5 yards away from you and kicked a ball at you with plenty of power, tell me how you have any control of where the ball will land? That's the difference in what you're saying, you're saying that a ball being blasted at you is in your control, and on that, you're just plain wrong and the fact you're the only one here who doesn't sees that, shows that