New Licenses

Comments

• Howler19
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Götze#19 wrote: »
    Howler19 wrote: »
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Too late for FIFA 20 but for the love of god can we get Red Star Belgrade for FIFA 21?
    Dunno, but I do really hope we'll have another Red Star back (which used to be there in the past years): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_F.C.
    Unfortunately they're going back and forth between Ligue 2 and National, so it's just a matter of how they fare this year in the third tier. Here's hoping they get promoted.
    hWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gif

Funny guy there. Your joke is particularly bad considering that you ignore the Belgrade part... The club is called Red Star Belgrade in English and has different translations in many other languages as well. Everyone is aware that the club's name is Crvena zvezda.

It was a joke. No need to be salty man

Not salty since I don't have a horse in this race. But I'm just tired of people trying to be smart correcting the legitimate use of Red Star Belgrade. It's been done a hundred times so surely it's not just a joke. If it was the guy surely wouldn't have linked to Wikipedia.
  • Götze#19
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Götze#19 wrote: »
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Too late for FIFA 20 but for the love of god can we get Red Star Belgrade for FIFA 21?
    Dunno, but I do really hope we'll have another Red Star back (which used to be there in the past years): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_F.C.
    Unfortunately they're going back and forth between Ligue 2 and National, so it's just a matter of how they fare this year in the third tier. Here's hoping they get promoted.
    hWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gifjaduzxA.gifhWiMUs8.gif

Funny guy there. Your joke is particularly bad considering that you ignore the Belgrade part... The club is called Red Star Belgrade in English and has different translations in many other languages as well. Everyone is aware that the club's name is Crvena zvezda.

It was a joke. No need to be salty man

Not salty since I don't have a horse in this race. But I'm just tired of people trying to be smart correcting the legitimate use of Red Star Belgrade. It's been done a hundred times so surely it's not just a joke. If it was the guy surely wouldn't have linked to Wikipedia.
    Dunno why's everyone bothered by it.
    I mean if you're living in Serbia, you can see when you watch the broadcast, teams like Bayern, Real etc. are referred to in Serbia like Crvena Zvezda in Europe (an example, Bayern München is written Bajern Minhen). So i'm not fussed about it (Red Star supporter), don't get why all of you are.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 6
    Funny guy there. Your joke is particularly bad considering that you ignore the Belgrade part... The club is called Red Star Belgrade in English and has different translations in many other languages as well.
    I know that. In Italy we call it 'Stella Rossa' for example.

And there's no need to snap like this, I meant exactly what I said: I am still genuinely hoping Red Star (the one founded by Jules Rimet* in 1897, not the one playing in Belgrade) makes it back to the game as soon as possible.

There's a very simple reson for it: Red Star "hired" me in an old FM game that I had started unemployed, and from there on I usually tend to play with them when I'm given the chance.
    I even used them as a Career Mode team in FIFA 17 (proof), and I'm usually choosing them when I play PES 2019 (which is seldom, I admit).

Then, if also Red Star Belgrade made it to the game, I'd be happy. I don't see a reason why I shouldn't be.
    The more the merrier.

*yeah, that Jules Rimet. Maybe you've heard of him for little things like, well, inventing the FIFA World Cup. :p
  • Really don't know what's the reason to Red Star Belgrade wasn't included in FIFA 19, and it seems it will be without them in FIFA 20 also. They're ex. Champions League winners, and biggest club in south-eastern Europe. They got one of the best fans in Europe, so IMO they well deserved to be licenced in FIFA.
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    I have no idea whether this is genuine or not, but if this is true does it suggest EA don’t value the Serbian market because of weak sales? If so surely the fact that neither of the two clubs 90% of Serbians support are in the game would be the reason why this is the case, and with both in the game there would a marked rise in the level of purchases of FIFA in Serbia and the surrounding Balkan nations? If this is the case, not really sure how EA haven’t grasped that?

• Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether this is genuine or not, but if this is true does it suggest EA don’t value the Serbian market because of weak sales? If so surely the fact that neither of the two clubs 90% of Serbians support are in the game would be the reason why this is the case, and with both in the game there would a marked rise in the level of purchases of FIFA in Serbia and the surrounding Balkan nations? If this is the case, not really sure how EA haven’t grasped that?

I do also think, if this is genuine, that this demonstrates a level of naivety from Red Star themselves. Why have they not been contacting EA earlier? I think if neither Red Star nor Partizan are in FIFA 20, they would be very wise to work as a pair to campaign for their conclusion in the gaming series as they’d have a better chance
  • Götze#19
    285 posts Sunday League Hero

I do also think, if this is genuine, that this demonstrates a level of naivety from Red Star themselves. Why have they not been contacting EA earlier? I think if neither Red Star nor Partizan are in FIFA 20, they would be very wise to work as a pair to campaign for their conclusion in the gaming series as they’d have a better chance

Naivety? You do know it's EA's work to contact and make deal with them? If you look from Red Star's point of view, it's not like being or not being in the game would change their financial or worldwide recognition situation? Yeah, it would be good for their supporters, but not really for them specifically.
    And if, big if, they would want so much to be in the game, do you really think if they contacted EA's office that EA would just say 'Oh you want to in the game, okay, let's get you into the game'?
  • henryclay1844
    918 posts Professional
    It shouldn't even matter how many units they move in Serbia, I'm sure it's not a big number of people owning current gen consoles there. They should be in the game because the UEFA license is a big deal that you made your main point for the game last year and you haven't yet got enough of the rest of Europe teams in the game. Were are this years new teams EA?
  • fekir_in_debuchy
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    so the sofifa databese is up, no new licences apart from the romanian league... my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    Very disappointing we haven’t got Red Star Belgrade again.

Looking at FIFA 21 I believe this is the first FIFA where EA could regain the Russian Premier League license, which has surely got to be a priority when it comes to leagues. It also could likely have Zenit stadium hosting the Champions League final so the likelihood of Zenit returning has to be high. A second Croatian club (Rijeka or Hajduk) might be a potential new addition as they have two clubs in the 2020/21 champions league.

As mentioned previously because of the amount of nations clubs EA have licensed they would have to add a whole new round of qualifying with more than one new nations clubs added so I expect we will only see one new nation join at most. As per every other year surely the main candidates have to be Serbia’s Red Star Belgrade and Partizan Belgrade, Cyprus’s APOEL, Belarus’s BATE, Azerbaijan’s Qarabag, Kazakhstan’s Astana, Bulgaria’s Ludogorets, CSKA Sofia and Levski Sofia, Slovakia’s Slovan Bratislava, Slovenia’s Maribor, Hungary’s Ferencvaros and Israel’s Maccabi Tel Aviv, Hapoel Be’er Sheva and Maccabi Haifa. I expect will get very few if any unfortunately.