New Licenses

Comments

• HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Altair14 wrote: »
    Nutekandor wrote: »
    No way this could happen. Konami already said they have different teams in Brazil exclusive. On top of that brazilian image rights are complicated af. So Conmebol might come, yes. But including all teams and players? Nope.

you are wrong.

Conmebol holds all the image rights of the players and teams participating in its competition.
    So if EA acquired the libertadores he would get all the licensed teams for that competition including real players and Konami could just get it in the ****.

and EA already has the agreement with Conmebol (from certain sources), it only has to decide whether to announce it for Fifa 20 or Fifa 21 NG.

This was in the past
  • Altair14
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    it is also now, just ask.
  • HarryKein
    edited August 16

Didn't know you work for CONMENBOL, sorry.

Bytheway, if you're right I'm happy. I just don't want that it's an exclusively license
  • HarryKein
    Polonia and United States National team are not in the beta
  • DYL_26
    57 posts Park Captain

This totally makes up for juventus, Bayern Munich, river plate and boca juniors.

Well done EA!
    @EA_Andy
  • HarryKein
    DYL_26 wrote: »

This totally makes up for juventus, Bayern Munich, river plate and boca juniors.

Well done EA!
    @EA_Andy

Well, that's not a bad thing
  • henryclay1844
    918 posts Professional
    It's al Ain only, not the whole league. It is pretty pointless.
  • Skorpio_King
    4908 posts Big Money Move

Im sure more teams will get announced..
  • HarryKein
    edited August 18

If It's Just that, you're Right, really pointless
  • Toronto1982
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    HarryKein wrote: »

Well done EA!
    @EA_Andy

FIFA needs more non-European leagues to flesh out the other continental competitions
  • HarryKein

Well done EA!
    @EA_Andy

FIFA needs more non-European leagues to flesh out the other continental competitions

Yes, that's true. But Just Al-ain Is not good. Also they don't have any good player now
  • DYL_26
    57 posts Park Captain

Well done EA!
    @EA_Andy

I think sarcasm was applied with my previous post ;)
  • mdizzl3
    12347 posts Has That Special Something
    PIEMONTE CALCIO

• doubt it. they'll just be in rest of world.
  • HarryKein wrote: »

How's it pointless? I disagree. So every team in rest of world is pointless? You can use them in kick off modes, their players will be in FUT (not that I play that game mode), in career if you're managing an asian team that's one more team for asian champions league, you can buy there players in career if you want, etc i could go on.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    It seems EA will get AFC Champions League near future.
  • Howler19
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 19
    comet213 wrote: »

It certainly seems like they're going for that with the Al Ain announcement and the rumors of the leagues from India and Qatar.
  • HarryKein
    Howler19 wrote: »

It certainly seems like they're going for that with the Al Ain announcement and the rumors of the leagues from India and Qatar.

India have no place in AFC Champions League. Also AFC license gives the 32 teams license in the game. I honestly think EA wants to have UAE league but they failed. Don't know if we'll have just Al-Ain.
  • HarryKein
    edited August 19

How's it pointless? I disagree. So every team in rest of world is pointless? You can use them in kick off modes, their players will be in FUT (not that I play that game mode), in career if you're managing an asian team that's one more team for asian champions league, you can buy there players in career if you want, etc i could go on.

1) Players of Al-ain are more useless than Malcom last year in Barcellona
    2) They don't have any good player now
    3) Is good to have at least 2 teams from a country that has a team in the game
    4) They put Al-Ain just 'cause they got a lot of supporters there in UAE, and 'cause they'll spent a lot of money in microtransiction.
    5) For UAE and Qatar EA has to have the league!
  • Howler19
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect

India have no place in AFC Champions League. Also AFC license gives the 32 teams license in the game. I honestly think EA wants to have UAE league but they failed. Don't know if we'll have just Al-Ain.

Really? I didn't know that. I just assumed that clubs from any Asian country could qualify like they can in Europe.
  • HarryKein
    edited August 20

Really? I didn't know that. I just assumed that clubs from any Asian country could qualify like they can in Europe.

No, they have a different type of structure: there are 2 competitions, AFC Champions League and AFC Cup. They're different between UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europe League, because the second one is just for teams from [Removed - CM] league like Mongolia, Sri Lanka etc...

Edit: 1 indian teams is in the qualification of AFC Champions league, but they have never qualify to group stage. Also India has got 2 leagues, and the team which is in the qualification is from I-League and not the Indian Super League that will be in FIFA Mobile.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't know if it's like this now but it wasn't like that in the past.
    Didn't PES 2015 have the Conmebol licence (they had both Libertadores and Sudamericana) with real team names and kits but with some Brazilian teams being made of fake players?
  • aIex-1
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    KireBy wrote: »
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Konami have the license or the Russian Premier League which includes Zenit. EA are able to to negotiate with Zenit about their individual license as far as we are aware. It all depends on coming to an agreement and whether EA are happy to part with enough cash to satisfy Zenit...

These tweets mean something :)

Maybe Zenit was agree to be in FIFA 19, but EA wasn't

P.S. I just wanna say that Zenit has one of the best medias in Eastern Europe and they will be agree to be part of the FIFA 20, now we should wait EA actions

EA last year bought the license of 3 russian teams in Champions League. If they did the same team Zenit Is on FIFA

They didn't buy anything. They wanted those licenses for free (being part of FIFA 19 is enough renumeration :D) and Zenit wanted to get paid for it. Spartak, Loko, and CSKA accepted the "deal". That's why they were in...
  • Tom0307
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If they do get the Copa Libertadores then they've got the Champions League license without the stadiums of 3 of the 5 major European league champions (Germany, Spain and Italy), plus the Italian champions are generic, and then the Copa Libertadores without the two biggest teams in Argentina and no Brazilian teams at all - basically the equivalent having the Champions League without the Premier League, Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Their exclusive license nonsense just ruins things for the customer

• HarryKein wrote: »

4) They put Al-Ain just 'cause they got a lot of supporters there in UAE, and 'cause they'll spent a lot of money in microtransiction.

Agree to disagree. I think it’s good to have a variety of teams from around the world. If you can’t get a whole leagues license then why not bring in a few for rest of the world?
  • HarryKein

Agree to disagree. I think it’s good to have a variety of teams from around the world. If you can’t get a whole leagues license then why not bring in a few for rest of the world?

I don't Say it's not Good, I Say It Is useless
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 19
    Well, as a player that often used Al Ain in PES (to play the ACL) especially when they had Omar Abdulrahman, this is good news.

I agree that it's useless for most of the people, but it's still a little addition that won't change a thing for the ones used to only play with Barca, Real and such (or only caring about FUT) but that would make people who want to try something different happier. :smiley:

Hopefully they're still in PES too... You never know nowadays. :lol:
  • Rete
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Could someone confirm for me please, is Serie A is still licensed in FIFA 20?