New Licenses

Stugg93
55 posts Park Captain
With the draw for the Champions League third qualifying round today, it is now feasible to see a route to the group stage for most teams.

The draw is as follows, and the winners of each tie make into the final round where they will be one how-away leg from the Champions League group stage (clubs in bold already in FIFA):

CFR Cluj (ROU) or Maccabi Tel Aviv (ISR) v Celtic (SCO) or Nomme Kalju (EST)
Sutjeska (MNE) or APOEL (CYP) v Dundalk (IRE) or Qarabag (AZE)
PAOK (GRE) v Ajax (NED)
Saburtalo (GEO) or Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v Ferencvaros (HUN) or Valleta (MLT)
Red Star Belgrade (SRB) or HJK Helsinki (FIN) v The New Saints (WAL) or Copenhagen (DEN)
Maribor (SLV) or AIK (SWE) v BATE Borisov (BLR) or Rosenborg (NOR)

Istanbul Başakşehir (TUR) v Viktoria Plzen (CZE) or Olympiacos (GRE)
Krasnodar (RUS) v Porto (POR)
Club Brugge (BEL) v Dynamo Kiev (UKR)
PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Basel (SUI) or LASK Linz (AUT)

From this draw therefore I would suggest the likely champions winners will be Celtic, APOEL, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb, Red Star Belgrade and BATE Borisov who would join Young Boys and Slavia Prague in the play-off round. This set of results would mean Ajax, Celtic, Red Star Belgrade and Dinamo Zagreb would be the seeded teams and the other four would be unseeded. Therefore I think FIFA-wise its imperative for the Champions League that EA acquire the license for Red Star Belgrade, BATE Borisov and APOEL as there is a real possibility that two of these teams may end up playing each other in the final play off round.

CFR Cluj, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Qarabag, Ferencvaros, Maribor and Krasnodar all realistically have the potential to qualify also and therefore hopefully will be in the game. Zenit St. Petersburg have already qualified and therefore you would hope EA have already acquired this license, especially after the disappointment of last year.

Yes its a shame about Juventus, but at least there will be a fake team for them. None of these teams have this possibility at the moment, so hopefully for them, their fans and anyone who likes to see a complete competition these teams will be added to the game.

Comments

• Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    Looking at the Europa League qualifiers I would say on top of the UCL teams and Oleksandriya (UKR) who have already qualified; Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL), Astana (KAZ), Steaua Bucharest (ROU) and Partizan Belgrade (SRB) all have a decent chance of qualifying.
  • KireBy
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Stugg93, good job buddy, but as a Russian i would tell some words about Zenit and Krasnodar.
    1. Krasnodar beated Bayer 04 and lost Valencia only on 90+ mins last season in UEL. This is a strong team with nice coach from Krasnodar academy, awesome holder and stadium. This stadium is one of the most beautiful venues in Europe (you can check yourself), would be cool, if EA added this stadium, but all we know, it's EA.

2. What about Zenit. They play on Gazprom Arena (former Krestovsky or Saint-Petersburg stadium). (This venue was in WC2018. So EA must include it in FIFA 20, as they did it last year with Spartak Moscow.
  • AliasMaurice
    1933 posts Fans' Favourite
    EsoccerPEF2020 has the license for zenit st Petersburg
  • ManzGOTIT
    2228 posts Fans' Favourite
    KireBy wrote: »
    @Stugg93, good job buddy, but as a Russian i would tell some words about Zenit and Krasnodar.
    1. Krasnodar beated Bayer 04 and lost Valencia only on 90+ mins last season in UEL. This is a strong team with nice coach from Krasnodar academy, awesome holder and stadium. This stadium is one of the most beautiful venues in Europe (you can check yourself), would be cool, if EA added this stadium, but all we know, it's EA.

2. What about Zenit. They play on Gazprom Arena (former Krestovsky or Saint-Petersburg stadium). (This venue was in WC2018. So EA must include it in FIFA 20, as they did it last year with Spartak Moscow.

I miss Zenit on FIFA
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

I miss Zenit on FIFA

EA miss Zenit in FUT.
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    Konami have the license or the Russian Premier League which includes Zenit. EA are able to to negotiate with Zenit about their individual license as far as we are aware. It all depends on coming to an agreement and whether EA are happy to part with enough cash to satisfy Zenit...
  • KireBy
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 23
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Konami have the license or the Russian Premier League which includes Zenit. EA are able to to negotiate with Zenit about their individual license as far as we are aware. It all depends on coming to an agreement and whether EA are happy to part with enough cash to satisfy Zenit...

These tweets mean something :)

Maybe Zenit was agree to be in FIFA 19, but EA wasn't

P.S. I just wanna say that Zenit has one of the best medias in Eastern Europe and they will be agree to be part of the FIFA 20, now we should wait EA actions
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect

These tweets mean something :)

Maybe Zenit was agree to be in FIFA 19, but EA wasn't

P.S. I just wanna say that Zenit has one of the best medias in Eastern Europe and they will be agree to be part of the FIFA 20, now we should wait EA actions

EA last year bought the license of 3 russian teams in Champions League. If they did the same team Zenit Is on FIFA
  • TeamExtreme17
    Zenit did a deal with PES then complain they are not in Fifa!? :D pretty sure EA's hands were tied with that one..

It's like Barcelona coming on Twitter to ask whey they are not in Fifa 20..
  • HarryKein
    Zenit did a deal with PES then complain they are not in Fifa!? :D pretty sure EA's hands were tied with that one..

Zenit did nothing with PES, the Russian Premier League did an exclusive deal. With an exclusive deal u can have Just 3 teams of the League in the other game, and FIFA decided to have the 2 qualifyed in the group stage and the third which where ok qualify stage (then elimanated). Zenit wasn't in Champions League or in Europe League
  • TeamExtreme17
    HarryKein wrote: »

Zenit did nothing with PES, the Russian Premier League did an exclusive deal. With an exclusive deal u can have Just 3 teams of the League in the other game, and FIFA decided to have the 2 qualifyed in the group stage and the third which where ok qualify stage (then elimanated). Zenit wasn't in Champions League or in Europe League

Sorry RPL then, same thing. Pretty obvious if EA are only allowed 3 teams they would have to be Champions League or Europa League teams. Zenit will be back in Fifa when they get back in those competitions..
  • Shaanxz
    20325 posts Club Captain
    Adam bangs on about teams feeling like they’re are in partnerships with pes. But they have done hardly anything with Russian league license
  • HarryKein

Sorry RPL then, same thing. Pretty obvious if EA are only allowed 3 teams they would have to be Champions League or Europa League teams. Zenit will be back in Fifa when they get back in those competitions..

RPL, not the Zenit team. Zenit has been First in the Russian PL last year, so It can be in the game, but and exclusive partnership this year with PES Is rumoured
  • Howler19
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect

Which they are this season. Hence the question whether EA will add them. I guess these are the possibilities:

1. The same three clubs as in FIFA 19 (CSKA, Spartak, Lokomotiv)
    2. The top three from last season who are in CL this year (Zenit, Lokomotiv, Krasnodar)
    3. They get license to use more than three clubs and add Zenit and/or Krasnodar to the existing clubs
    4. The entire RPL comes back
    5. EA removes Russian teams all together
  • HarryKein
    Howler19 wrote: »

Which they are this season. Hence the question whether EA will add them. I guess these are the possibilities:

2. The top three from last season who are in CL this year (Zenit, Lokomotiv, Krasnodar)
    3. They get license to use more than three clubs and add Zenit and/or Krasnodar to the existing clubs

Probably the second one. The League exclusive still go, and EA can't get more then 3 teams. Not sure about Zenit 'cause It can be exclusive for PES.
  • Howler19

Probably the second one. The League exclusive still go, and EA can't get more then 3 teams. Not sure about Zenit 'cause It can be exclusive for PES.

Personally I'm leaning toward the first option since doing nothing seems like the EA thing to do.
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    Where was it confirmed only 3 teams can be used in an exclusive deal? I've never seen this confirmed.

Also I personally think Zenit, APOEL and CFR Cluj will be in the game and none of the others will be.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    I also think they need to make a rest of the world section (or at least continental) in fut for leagues who only have 1-3 teams licensed..

Russian, Czech etc. players are impossible to link in the current form..
  • HarryKein
    Where was it confirmed only 3 teams can be used in an exclusive deal? I've never seen this confirmed.

Also I personally think Zenit, APOEL and CFR Cluj will be in the game and none of the others will be.

Nowhere, it's what I suppose. APOEL should be in both games since years
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    Now that the Champions League 2nd qualifying round has finished, there are currently 8 clubs left in the competition not in FIFA 19, being: Zenit St. Petersburg, Krasnodar, CFR Cluj, APOEL, Qarabag, Ferencvaros, Red Star Belgrade and Maribor. The final champions play-off round I suspect will now include: Ajax, Celtic, Red Star Belgrade & Dinamo Zagreb as seeded teams and Young Boys, APOEL, Slavia Prague & Rosenborg, while the non-champions play off round I suspect will include: Porto & Club Brugge as seeded teams, against Basel & Olympiacos as unseeded teams.

Hopefully EA can acquire the 8 clubs licenses but Zenit, APOEL & Red Star Belgrade I believe are the most important ones to obtain.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 1
    2003? Looks like 2005 to me according to the kit. Didn't you wear Umbro in 2003?
    It's strange, an official team account that cannot even recognize one of their kits... :D
  • HarryKein
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    2003? Looks like 2005 to me according to the kit. Didn't you wear Umbro in 2003?
    It's strange, an official team account that cannot even recognize one of their kits... :D

Also Skrtel went to Zenit in 2004
  • Howler19
    Alright so now we have four unlicensed teams in CL playoff who are guaranteed at least EL group stage. The RPL thing is tricky but now is the time when EA should go and make sure that at least Cluj, Red Star Belgrade and APOEL are in the game. While they're at it they really should throw in some other mainstay clubs of European football such as Maribor, Qarabag and BATE.
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    As Howler19 stated above after the 3rd qualifying round we now have 5 clubs left in the Champions League that were not in FIFA 19. One has already qualified for the group stage, Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS), and are arguably the best football team not on the game so hopefully will be a must for EA to obtain. The other 4 are APOEL, CFR Cluj, Red Star Belgrade and Krasnodar. They are playing the following games to qualify for the group stage:

CFR Cluj (ROU) v Slavia Prague (CZE)
    Young Boys (SUI) v Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
    APOEL (CYP) v Ajax (NED)
    Olympiacos (GRE) v Krasnodar (RUS)

I think 3 of these will qualify (sadly for APOEL I think Ajax are too good, meaning APOEL will enter the Europa League) and I really hope EA can get the licences for the all 5 clubs to ensure the Champions League is as authentic as possible, and that the game has as many of the good teams as possible in it.

Looking at the Europa League, one club Oleksandriya (UKR) is currently qualified in the group stage that are not in FIFA 19. The other clubs competing to qualify not in FIFA 19, are playing the following fixtures (the teams in bold):

Suduva (LTU) v Ferencvaros (HUN)
    Copenhagen (DEN) v Riga (LTV)
    Ararat-Armenia (ARM) V F91 Dudelange (LUX)
    Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) v Maribor (SLV)
    Linfield (NIR) v Qarabag (AZE)
    Slovan Bratislava (SVK) v PAOK (GRE)
    Astana (KAZ) v BATE Borisov (BLR)
    FCSB (Steaua Bucharest) (ROU) v Vitoria de Guimaraes (POR)
    PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Apollon Limassol (CYP)
    Feyenoord (NED) v Hapoel Be'er Sheva (ISR)
    Gent (BEL) v Rijeka (CRO)
    Espanyol (ESP) v Zorya Luhansk (UKR)
    Partizan Belgrade (SRB) v Molde (NOR)
    Malmo (SWE) v Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv (ISR)

I don't think in way that its realistic that all of these teams should be in FIFA, but I would say Partizan Belgrade, FCSB, Astana, BATE Borisov, Qarabag, Ludogorets Razgrad, Maribor & Ferencvaros should definitely be in the game.

Last year the ROW announcements were made on the Monday 5 and a half weeks before the game was launched, therefore meaning next Monday could well be the date that we find out if any extra clubs will be in the game.
  • TOMORROW???
    toyota-libertadores.jpg

• Howler19
    TOMORROW???
    toyota-libertadores.jpg

I don't usually say this about licenses but if Boca, River, the Brazilian league and some Chilean clubs are generic then this license is completely worthless because the competition is unplayable anyway.
  • Stugg93
    55 posts Park Captain
    If it does give them the licenses for all the clubs in the competition it’s a masterstroke. If not it’s unfortunately pointless.
  • Stugg93 wrote: »
    If it does give them the licenses for all the clubs in the competition it’s a masterstroke. If not it’s unfortunately pointless.

TOMORROW???
    toyota-libertadores.jpg

I don't usually say this about licenses but if Boca, River, the Brazilian league and some Chilean clubs are generic then this license is completely worthless because the competition is unplayable anyway.

The license is a package, it will come with all clubs. I don't know if with Boca and River licensed, but the others would come complete.
  • Nutekandor
    55 posts Park Captain
    No way this could happen. Konami already said they have different teams in Brazil exclusive. On top of that brazilian image rights are complicated af. So Conmebol might come, yes. But including all teams and players? Nope.
  • Altair14
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 16
    Nutekandor wrote: »
    No way this could happen. Konami already said they have different teams in Brazil exclusive. On top of that brazilian image rights are complicated af. So Conmebol might come, yes. But including all teams and players? Nope.

you are wrong.

Conmebol holds all the image rights of the players and teams participating in its competition.
    So if EA acquired the libertadores he would get all the licensed teams for that competition including real players and Konami could just get it in the ****.

and EA already has the agreement with Conmebol (from certain sources), it only has to decide whether to announce it for Fifa 20 or Fifa 21 NG.