The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

How do you make the attackers run like crazy?

oneskyworld
1026 posts Professional
Like on steroids.
I just can't make it happen.

Comments

• oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Seriously, it feels like the other side playing in a different frequency. I tried to use the fast attacking setting, call the player to run. But they just refuse to move. It's just so frustrating.
  • alvchong
    1188 posts Professional
    ya...i still don't get it.
  • JohnDoe
    11347 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2019
    You can try manually triggering runs by pointing towards the player you want to make the run with the left stick and then pressing L1.
  • Empyrium7
    3391 posts National Call-Up
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    You can try manually triggering runs by pointing towards the player you want to make the run with the left stick and then pressing R1.

L1
  • JohnDoe
    11347 posts Has That Special Something
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    You can try manually triggering runs by pointing towards the player you want to make the run with the left stick and then pressing R1.

L1

You are correct, my b. Thanks. Post has been edited.
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have the team play long ball in something like a 41212 narrow version (but use wingers, ie start with other formation). In addition also trigger lots of runs.
    It counterattack heaven, usually started by the full back who is on balanced.

But bear in mind that even a team of elite icons using this strategy can be stuck in the mud plying against an 80 rated gold team.

• ASX
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    The long ball tactic makes all forward players make runs automatically, no need to trigger with L1
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    ASX wrote: »
    The long ball tactic makes all forward players make runs automatically, no need to trigger with L1

You have not seen my lazy bunch of slouchers, they need a couple of prods before leaving 1st gear
  • ASX
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    lippyone wrote: »

You have not seen my lazy bunch of slouchers, they need a couple of prods before leaving 1st gear

Maybe work rate related? High attacking workrates with a long ball tactic should see many forward runs/moving into attacking space.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    lippyone wrote: »

Maybe work rate related? High attacking workrates with a long ball tactic should see many forward runs/moving into attacking space.

Interesting, thanks.
    Not my style, but definitely will give it a try to see the effects.