How much does Delayed unresponsive gameplay affects your mental health?

Theomanny
1498 posts Play-Off Hero
I have dealt with so much horribles stuffs in life, but this issue with the game makes me wanna destroy everything on my path without the care in the world.

Just thinking about it alone scares me and frustrate the hell out of me.

I think i am finally gonna declare myself as an addict and need to break away from the game for good.

I play bo4 here and there, but fifa is my main game. I jump on fifa and i change, raging all the time cos my players are delayed and unresponsive.

I have played some good games all my life, but fifa 19 makes me wanna hurt someone.

I keep thinking how good id be if the game plays fluid. I have a very good gaming set up, saved loads last summer to get proper gaming sets, but for what?

I can deal with many things but the unresponsive nature kills me. I have played 90% unresponsive gameplay this weekend where i have to press the button twice.

Opponents scores, celebrate and watch replays thinking oh i deserve that, when in reality the other just cant move. I know i this happens to most of my opponents as well when they play me.

I will be very happy to get help and support just to leave the game as it cant keep going on like this.

Comments

  • VelvetThunder
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Christ almighty just put the game in the bin and go outside. Live your life. It’s only a video game if it brings you anything other than joy 90% of the time you shouldn’t be playing it.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1673 posts Play-Off Hero
    When it’s obvious I’m getting screwed over I can be a bit moody towards the mrs for a few mins after I come off it. When it’s really bad I get vile thoughts about what I’d do to the little **** running around celebrating like a **** 🤷‍♂️
  • Azof
    16056 posts World Class
    It doesn't, if something that is meant to entertain me frustrates me I just put it down.
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    It doesn't, if something that is meant to entertain me frustrates me I just put it down.

    Great attitude towards it tbh, when the fun stops stop.
  • Batman442
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    If it's not FIFA it would be a different game, just get rid of your console if it affects you that much.
  • RileyD
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a video game lad, a video game
  • Salvatori
    830 posts Semi-Pro
    Going by the sheer amount of threads you start per day / week upset about it............ it defo impacts you a lot :D
  • Theomanny
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Salvatori wrote: »
    Going by the sheer amount of threads you start per day / week upset about it............ it defo impacts you a lot :D

    It does. Need a break from it
  • dododada
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i stop playing in the last two weeks and i felt so much better you should try to quit.. game is toxic as hell even when i play dota 2 and someone beat me up so badly i dont feel as bad as playing fifa winning.. the gameplay experience somehow designed to stresss out players, hope they fix it in fifa 20.. its been the most cruicial probelm for fifa this year.
  • limjitwe
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    Not to sound bitter and harsh. But you’re really probably not as good as you think you’re. If you can accept that and stop blaming the game etc. You won’t rage as much.

    Personally I always thought it’s delay and stuff. I’m a gold 1/2 player who thinks within delay and BS, I would be elite 3 at least. Lolll

    But I recently met a few friends who are elite 1 and can end up 30-0 type of players. I’ve played with them friendlies and I tell you, I was smashed. It felt like they could second guess my every move and always tackle me. They could always dribble pass me at will as though it made me feel like I was having a delay. I would lose 4-1 6-1 etc. Lol

    Game is meant to be using your fav players and getting fun out of it. Hope this helps. If you’re feeling angry. Just stop and head out for fresh air to clear the head alittle.
  • Mmandras
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah it's not healthy at all.

    Don't just put it down, use that anger as a learning tool. Inspect your mind. Try to calm down and take positive approach. Listen to some music while playing.

    If you beat Fifa anger, you can beat anything. You will become a Jedi in a world of easily agitated weak minds of regular people.
  • Theomanny
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Yeah it's not healthy at all.

    Don't just put it down, use that anger as a learning tool. Inspect your mind. Try to calm down and take positive approach. Listen to some music while playing.

    If you beat Fifa anger, you can beat anything. You will become a Jedi in a world of easily agitated weak minds of regular people.

    I like this. Can u be my friend?
  • Covkilla91mob
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Theomanny wrote: »
    I have dealt with so much horribles stuffs in life, but this issue with the game makes me wanna destroy everything on my path without the care in the world.

    Just thinking about it alone scares me and frustrate the hell out of me.

    I think i am finally gonna declare myself as an addict and need to break away from the game for good.

    I play bo4 here and there, but fifa is my main game. I jump on fifa and i change, raging all the time cos my players are delayed and unresponsive.

    I have played some good games all my life, but fifa 19 makes me wanna hurt someone.

    I keep thinking how good id be if the game plays fluid. I have a very good gaming set up, saved loads last summer to get proper gaming sets, but for what?

    I can deal with many things but the unresponsive nature kills me. I have played 90% unresponsive gameplay this weekend where i have to press the button twice.

    Opponents scores, celebrate and watch replays thinking oh i deserve that, when in reality the other just cant move. I know i this happens to most of my opponents as well when they play me.

    I will be very happy to get help and support just to leave the game as it cant keep going on like this.

    Lol it's been better since patch for me on a wired connection too.

    Games delay is not worse thing it's just gameplay at times as some play very antifootball and ruins fun games .

    I'm in div1 and it's pure Meta sweat but I win 75% of my games using passing football and dribbling to win .

    No abuse or raging other this game anyway for me as I'm not giving up over a game for to care more in life .
Sign In or Register to comment.