Prime Vieira.

Jay_vine
196 posts Sunday League Hero
Is he still effective at this stage of the game? Not his PIM just prime. He’ll probably play In a 4231 or is he better CM?

Comments

• Jay_vine
    196 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do I do the mid icon for futswaps or put PIM Cannavaro in and get futties Sanchez? Proper stuck here
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    If you are looking for a player to break up the attacks of the other team then Vieira is amazing. If you are looking for someone to bring the ball out of the back and start your attacks, the Vieira is not the one you are looking for.
  • zeultuturor
    893 posts Semi-Pro
    Jay_vine wrote: »
    Do I do the mid icon for futswaps or put PIM Cannavaro in and get futties Sanchez? Proper stuck here

sanchez will be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so just get the icon for a chance to drop something good
  • SomeNextGuy
    4545 posts National Call-Up
    Nah, doesn't work at this stage of the game.

If you don't have PIM Gullit, TOTY Modric and TOTY KDB in midfield it's not even worth playing.
  • torakun
    2106 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know what I read.. But somehow in disbelief my brain made me think "Oh.. He's talking about 86 vieira.. For sure.. Right??"

O well, others have answered
  • Cbn
    1249 posts Professional
    I think it tells more EAs shambles with overkill upgrades and special cards this year. Still top tier Icons > random pimped tots
  • NewRave7
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Viera is to slow and can’t pass at this stage of the game. He’s just tall
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    NewRave7 wrote: »

:joy:
  • Oweyman
    1190 posts Professional
    NewRave7 wrote: »

Wow, some people. :D
  • greggles
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    thats like saying is ronaldo still effective at this stage of the game but for a different role/position... the guy is end game
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did his SBC today. Annoyed I didn't do it sooner.
  • dregana08
    4048 posts National Call-Up

At least you saved yourself loads of coins. I'm doing him now, never used Vieira (any type) but just seen reviews and he destroys me (takes my CAM out of the game).
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    dregana08 wrote: »

At least you saved yourself loads of coins. I'm doing him now, never used Vieira (any type) but just seen reviews and he destroys me (takes my CAM out of the game).

I waited so long because of the mixed reviews on here. He's immense.
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    edited July 2019
    The people who don't like Vieira are the ones who try to use him like Gullit or Matthaus and go box to box with him. Vieira is a defensive player and is amazing if used correctly.
  • Oweyman
    1190 posts Professional
    keronc wrote: »
    The people who don't like Vieira are the one who try to use him like Gullit or Matthaus and go box to box with him. Vieira is a defensive player and is amazing if used correctly.

• EisenErmin
    9004 posts League Winner
    The people who don't like Vieira are the ones who try to use him like Gullit or Matthaus and go box to box with him. Vieira is a defensive player and is amazing if used correctly.

I dont like him for the simple reason that i play an all out attack style trying to pin down the opponent in his half as much as possible. There is no need and there is no place for a pure defender like Vieira in my team. Currently playing a 451 with TOTY Modric as CM. He is like 10 times better than Vieira could ever be in that position.
  • starfox1284
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    Used his PIM in draft today and really couldnt notice that much of difference between it and the Prime at CDM.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Win the ball.

Short, simple pass

Best there is
  • starfox1284
    2414 posts Fans' Favourite
    EisenErmin wrote: »

I dont like him for the simple reason that i play an all out attack style trying to pin down the opponent in his half as much as possible. There is no need and there is no place for a pure defender like Vieira in my team. Currently playing a 451 with TOTY Modric as CM. He is like 10 times better than Vieira could ever be in that position.

Wow 451....living on the edge, but thats fun.
  • EisenErmin
    9004 posts League Winner

It is fun and it is not to bad in defense, but as I said i try to play 80% of the game in my opponents half. Using overlapping fullbacks joining the attack too, so the park the bus 4231 sheep has to deal with 8 players coming at him every attack.
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Sold toty Witsel and put pim Blanc into him. It was a great decision. I use him and Ballack as my cdms and they make a great duo
  • Theomanny
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite

It is fun and it is not to bad in defense, but as I said i try to play 80% of the game in my opponents half. Using overlapping fullbacks joining the attack too, so the park the bus 4231 sheep has to deal with 8 players coming at him every attack.

There is a way to make 451 the most defensive formation in the game. People always think its all out attack when in reality with right tactics its the most defensive formation ever used this fifa. Just look at the formation shape and u will see what i mean.
  • kurbalija
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    Vieira is a machine a genuine game changer almost like Gullit