Icon cards you would most like to see improved next year?

Comments

• Agent Murhawk
    8181 posts League Winner
    Hibee wrote: »
    Rafa Marquez deserves one, man captained Mexico in 5 World Cup's and scored in 4 of them as a CB.

I would have thought if there is to be any Mexicans it would be Hugo Sanchez.

I think Rafa Marquez is a bigger legend because of both his Barca career and his international career.

Wow really? I would always regard Hugo Sanchez as the biggest Mexican legend. And by miles lol. He was one of the top strikers in the world at the time and a Real Madrid legend. I saw Marquez play in the flesh when Hibs played Barca in a friendly and he didn't stand out at all.

Depends who you ask then and which era they grew up in. But Marquez was great for Monaco before his move to Barca, then won a Champions league with them in 06 and formed a great partnership with Puyol for over 4-5 years.
  • Hibee
    11660 posts Has That Special Something
    Rafa Marquez deserves one, man captained Mexico in 5 World Cup's and scored in 4 of them as a CB.

I would have thought if there is to be any Mexicans it would be Hugo Sanchez.

I think Rafa Marquez is a bigger legend because of both his Barca career and his international career.

Wow really? I would always regard Hugo Sanchez as the biggest Mexican legend. And by miles lol. He was one of the top strikers in the world at the time and a Real Madrid legend. I saw Marquez play in the flesh when Hibs played Barca in a friendly and he didn't stand out at all.

Depends who you ask then and which era they grew up in. But Marquez was great for Monaco before his move to Barca, then won a Champions league with them in 06 and formed a great partnership with Puyol for over 4-5 years.

That's fair enough mate. I'm not dissing him at all. Have to be a great player to play in that Barca team. I just don't see him as one of the best defenders in the world at that time, whereas I think Sanchez was up there with the best in his position. Opinions eh :D
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Imagine a throw back Milan team lads

Shevchenko, Kaka, Maldini.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19886 posts World Class
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Cafu
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Cafu

Yeh loads more lol, I’m at work and had to serve :lol:
  • ccooaattssyy
    6402 posts Big Money Move
    chaser2k15 wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Anyone who ended their career in the last 5 years you guys want in Fifa 20?

For me it has to be
    1. Casillas
    2. Lahm
    3. Totti
    4. Pirlo
    5. Drogba

Only one out of them for me is pirlo.

Would love Pirlo but doubt he would translate into a top class FUT midfielder. Drogba would be awesome.

If you built a physical midfield around him, might just be serviceable (although probably not "meta" still, sadly.

There is a lot of players like that though. Xavi is another I think.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Nesta should be 80 pace
    Baresi should be 76 or 77 pace
    Moore should be 74 or 75 pace
    Puyol should be 80 or 81 pace. I would give his position change card around 84 or 85 (RB).

I think they are the big offenders for Icon CB's.

In general the stats have been much better on the newer cards, but some just need a tweak to give them a boost. They'll never in the meta teams, so why not?
  • ccooaattssyy
    Also change the positions of the pointless defender icons.

CB Matthaus is fine bcos he can play outside CB in a 3 or CDM on 7 chem.

LB Petit? Why? Just give us a cheaper Petit CDM option to his 88 & Primes.

LB Zanetti This card should have been a CDM option from the get go - 2010 card where he played a lot at CDM.

RM Makelele just give us a similar option to the cheaper Petit I have just suggested (CDM).

Position change icons are only cool when they are actually useful EA i.e CAM Figo (a good choice by EA).

A CAM Nedved, is a good choice as well as an example.

Going forward, the likes of Thuram could have a CB card, a RB/LB option, etc.
  • SimenHP
    1868 posts Fans' Favourite

For me it has to be
    1. Casillas
    2. Lahm
    3. Totti
    4. Pirlo
    5. Drogba

Would love Pirlo but doubt he would translate into a top class FUT midfielder. Drogba would be awesome.

If you built a physical midfield around him, might just be serviceable (although probably not "meta" still, sadly.

Isn't Xavi still playing?
  • ccooaattssyy
    Nowt wrong with Marquez as an icon option. Couple of Mexican's who could make the grade.

Couple of Americans too (NOT YOU LALAS).

Latin American countries (Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay).

Asian (We got a Japanese one this year which was cool, but S. Korea, etc have 1 or 2 "deserving" options).

Lastly, Lesser European countries like Scotland, Turkey, etc also have a nice few available options.

• ccooaattssyy

For me it has to be
    1. Casillas
    2. Lahm
    3. Totti
    4. Pirlo
    5. Drogba

Isn't Xavi still playing?

Hes a manager at Oil Money FC.
  • Edu
    6499 posts Big Money Move
    11 players from each World Cup champion.
  • Shaanxz
    20097 posts Club Captain
    Diggy wrote: »
    FloydRoad wrote: »
    It's as if EA never watched Channel 4 on a Sunday in the mid nineties. 😆

I miss that show.

Remember watching George Weah it would be great to have him back

Looks like they still hold the licences to the Legends and are releasing some each year to buff out the new Icons. Wouldn't be surprised to see Weah back.

Politics is the reason why him and Romario got removed
  • Hibee
    Shaanxz wrote: »

I miss that show.

Looks like they still hold the licences to the Legends and are releasing some each year to buff out the new Icons. Wouldn't be surprised to see Weah back.

Romario yes but not a Weah was never actually removed. Just not added as an Icon. May be a reason why he is not added though.
  • kfcbucket21
    6074 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 20
    Would like to see some icons for "smaller nations". Not every icon needs to be some meta God. Miss the likes of Futre, pauleta,valderamma and donovan.

Duncan's Ferguson would be a fun Scottish choice
  • jpsblue
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    Shaanxz wrote: »

I miss that show.

Romario yes but not a Weah was never actually removed. Just not added as an Icon. May be a reason why he is not added though.

Weah is currently the president of Liberia so that would be why
  • AjaxLegends
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really hate that van Basten is just a standard target man with a good shot on him and that’s it. He is probably the most technical and complete striker ever to come out of Ajax and the Netherlands. He deserves higher dribbling and 4 star skill moves. Just look at his footage at Ajax or the European Championship in ‘88. He should be up there with the best strikers in Fifa.
  • AjaxLegends
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think for the likes of Baggio, his PIM card should be his "prime" icon card next year (providing these don't return).

That card is actually not a bad representation of Baggio - I would still up his shot power a little (to around 80) and massively increase his aggression to around 70 or so. I think a big one for me however is still Prime Nesta.

His prime card should be around 80 pace, with great agility/balance and really good distribution. He should be an elite defender.

Nesta is one of the best defenders I’ve ever seen. His defending was art. He should be so much better, just like Baresi.
  • ccooaattssyy
    van Basten stats are good in game, just doesn’t seem to translate.

Should be 4* skills..
  • BarryChuckle
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Baggio for me, but the most annoying thing about his cards is the ridiculous big bright yellow boots EA gave him.
  • ccooaattssyy
    They need to change Zanetti's jumping to around 70. It's stupid.
  • Hibee
    I really hate that van Basten is just a standard target man with a good shot on him and that’s it. He is probably the most technical and complete striker ever to come out of Ajax and the Netherlands. He deserves higher dribbling and 4 star skill moves. Just look at his footage at Ajax or the European Championship in ‘88. He should be up there with the best strikers in Fifa.

Couldn’t agree more. I do think he is very good in the game. But yeah, should be better. My favourite striker of all time.
  • sido1968
    1207 posts Professional
    Would like to see some icons for "smaller nations". Not every icon needs to be some meta God. Miss the likes of Futre, pauleta,valderamma and donovan.

Duncan's Ferguson would be a fun Scottish choice

I love Big Dunc but an icon, hardly. Joe Jordan tho for a similar player who scored in 3 World cups. Dalglish, Souness and Hansen who won everything with Liverpool and genuine world class players. Law, Johnstone, McNeil, Baxter, Goram (best shot stopper I have ever seen)
  • Agent Murhawk
    8181 posts League Winner
    Zidane confirmed in PES 20
  • Hodgy
    420 posts Sunday League Hero

Should be 4* skills..
    He needs high attacking workrates. That kills him IMO.
  • DougInskip
    6256 posts League Winner
    R9 Med/Med is ridiculous.
    Ronaldinho deserves 6 star skills.
    PIM Cruyff they nailed.
    Prime Rijkaard should be better than Vieira, like he was in real life.
    MVB 3 star skills is tragic.
    Giggs 4 star skills.
    Best double 5 star.

Gullit, MVB and Rijkaard arguably the greatest 3 players in there positions, EA got 1 right.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Hodgy wrote: »

Should be 4* skills..
    He needs high attacking workrates. That kills him IMO.

There’s a lot of them like that. He should be High or Med and low defensively.

Henry High Low.

Ronaldo High/Low.

Etc etc.
  • Ugri
    6459 posts Big Money Move
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    LOL. Are you actually considering to buy FIFA 20?

Thank god PES got exclusivity on Ronaldo and Juventus for next year.

Always makes me laugh when people bum PES on the FIFA Forum. Go to the PES forum then. ALPHALUL. Bye.

Actually this could/should force EA to.improve the game otherwise it could be a beginning of the end..Hope its a good thing!!
  • Hibee
    DougInskip wrote: »
    R9 Med/Med is ridiculous.
    Ronaldinho deserves 6 star skills.
    PIM Cruyff they nailed.
    Prime Rijkaard should be better than Vieira, like he was in real life.
    MVB 3 star skills is tragic.
    Giggs 4 star skills.
    Best double 5 star.

Gullit, MVB and Rijkaard arguably the greatest 3 players in there positions, EA got 1 right.

Couldnt agree re the Milan trio.
  • Flamstead
    2821 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shevchenko needs an overhaul as does Baggio's stamina.

Also, as others have said:

Giggs 4* skills
    Henry workrates need changing.
    Van Basten needs an upgrade on skills
    Butra needs an upgrade on skills
    Rui Costa should be a deadly CAM as he was a don at Fiorentina with Batigol.
    Best double 5*
    Ronaldinho should be a cheat code when he pulls off 5* skill moves.
    Nesta needs a massive overhaul. Should be an elite Defender.

Tbh in general, EA need to make playmakers special in the next Fifa. Players like Deco, Rui Costa, Laudrup etc just felt average this year.