Icon cards you would most like to see improved next year?

Comments

• TOMMYxCOOPER
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    bobby moore deserves a much improved card and not a version that ends up at cdm or discarded :'(
  • Hibee
    11660 posts Has That Special Something
    bobby moore deserves a much improved card and not a version that ends up at cdm or discarded :'(

Be thankful you have some English Icons. I wont hold my breath waiting on a Scottish one.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Hibee wrote: »

Be thankful you have some English Icons. I wont hold my breath waiting on a Scottish one.

nobody would begrudge king kenny a card
  • Hibee

nobody would begrudge king kenny a card

Indeed mate. Or even the Law man or Souness. Just cant see it happening though. A nation of 5.5M, EA probably don't think its worth the cash.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6402 posts Big Money Move
    A lot need to be reviewed
  • DougInskip
    6256 posts League Winner
    4 star skills Giggs
  • ccooaattssyy
    Would love to see new guys such as:

Zoff
    Cafu Thuram Pasarella Fachetti
    Davids Effenberg/Mendieta
    Boniek Zidane Leonardo
    Batistuta
  • libertao
    965 posts Professional
    I'm in two minds about icons. Sometimes I love them, sometimes they seem to take over the game too much (right now, Prime Gullit seems to be 90% of matches) especially because once they removed 1.5 nation links, everyone just relies on them for chemistry. I would like to see them removed at least from the tournaments and force a bit of creative squad building.
  • Hibee
    libertao wrote: »
    I'm in two minds about icons. Sometimes I love them, sometimes they seem to take over the game too much (right now, Prime Gullit seems to be 90% of matches) especially because once they removed 1.5 nation links, everyone just relies on them for chemistry. I would like to see them removed at least from the tournaments and force a bit of creative squad building.

I think there is a lot of us that pretty much only play because of the icons. It’s why I moved from ps to Xbox originally.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6942 posts Big Money Move
    They’ve lost a few things this year, hopefully the money they aren’t spending there is spent elsewhere
  • Sm0key_J0e
    429 posts Sunday League Hero
    LOL. Are you actually considering to buy FIFA 20?

Thank god PES got exclusivity on Ronaldo and Juventus for next year.
  • EekAlaska
    1569 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought Baggio PM was a lot if fun. Just had to be subbed off in 60th minute every game which was a little ridiculous for a player of his caliber in supposedly his prime.
  • EekAlaska
    1569 posts Play-Off Hero
    Has to he Giggs if you are talking a player to improve. Did they not see him dribble in his Prime??? The guy could destroy defenses with his dribbling, passing and shooting.
  • Hibee
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Has to he Giggs if you are talking a player to improve. Did they not see him dribble in his Prime??? The guy could destroy defenses with his dribbling, passing and shooting.

Totally agree. They absolutely destroyed that card. He should also have a decent CAM card since he moved central towards the end.

Rijkaard is another one that could be improved. One of the best defensive midfielders of all time. Sacchi said he was the most complete player in that amazing Milan team. He should be in a lot of peoples final teams. I use him still but don't think I have come up against him for months.
  • Keano
    12163 posts Has That Special Something
    improvements could be made on a lot of them....

but Beckham is a big one for me, Stam/Vidic would also be decent, Cantona would be immense

then adding Evra & instead of the "EA sports, it's in the game... we get Evra going.. ea sports, I LOVE THIS GAME"

• ORANGEeffect05
    19886 posts World Class
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

Lol
  • Hibee
    Keano wrote: »

but Beckham is a big one for me, Stam/Vidic would also be decent, Cantona would be immense

then adding Evra & instead of the "EA sports, it's in the game... we get Evra going.. ea sports, I LOVE THIS GAME"

So basically any Man Utd player yeah? :D Don't blame you in fairness. Iv not many contenders at my club!
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    edgar-davids-holland-juventus-25-june-2000-HXY857.jpg
  • Hibee
    Delvinho wrote: »

Agreed. Used to have him on PES, was great fun to use.
  • Ulook92
    12451 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 18
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

Always makes me laugh when people bum PES on the FIFA Forum. Go to the PES forum then. ALPHALUL. Bye.
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional

I just want to see them goggles/glasses in game. Would be a tidy link to Matthew De Lightbulb and VVD aswell instead of Gullit
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19886 posts World Class

I just want to see them goggles/glasses in game. Would be a tidy link to Matthew De Lightbulb and VVD aswell instead of Gullit

Which reminds me, Seedorf should be more impactful in this game too
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional

Which reminds me, Seedorf should be more impactful in this game too

Hope so man. Was really disappointed with him this year
  • Yoshi
    3636 posts National Call-Up
    They really need to revamp all icons. They should be the best in the game at what they were in real life. So many icons are just meh. I doubt that happens though.

They need to add zizou as well
  • Hibee
    One of their biggest f*** ups is not making the best Maldini card a LB. He played most of his career there, including his prime years. But good old EA only make his lowest rated card a LB. He is only the greatest LB of all time. By miles.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner

What are you on Keano lad? :lol:
  • Glass0nion
    3934 posts National Call-Up
    Stamina is the biggest issue on most icon cards
  • Keano
    12163 posts Has That Special Something

So basically any Man Utd player yeah? :D Don't blame you in fairness. Iv not many contenders at my club!

@Hibee I usually end up doing P&P United sides every year mate, i only usually have 2-3 non United players/icons in my team, ive used Keane every year he's been out, same with Best & Neville etc.
    Muzza11 wrote: »

What are you on Keano lad? :lol:

Same thing as Uncle Pat.
  • ccooaattssyy
    I think for the likes of Baggio, his PIM card should be his "prime" icon card next year (providing these don't return).

That card is actually not a bad representation of Baggio - I would still up his shot power a little (to around 80) and massively increase his aggression to around 70 or so. I think a big one for me however is still Prime Nesta.

His prime card should be around 80 pace, with great agility/balance and really good distribution. He should be an elite defender.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19886 posts World Class
    I think for the likes of Baggio, his PIM card should be his "prime" icon card next year (providing these don't return).

That card is actually not a bad representation of Baggio - I would still up his shot power a little (to around 80) and massively increase his aggression to around 70 or so. I think a big one for me however is still Prime Nesta.

His prime card should be around 80 pace, with great agility/balance and really good distribution. He should be an elite defender.

My Italian brother