Juve exclusive in PES

Comments

  • Wyojasond
    11553 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 18
    Personally this reeks of more desperation from PES than a failure from EA.

    Let them overpay for a few team licenses. Obviously as a Juve fan that blows and I can understand the disappointment but acting like EA is doomed because they don’t have a couple of big name teams stadiums or kits is laughable.

    I’ll take the title that has 90% of the main teams and licenses everyday 😂🤷‍♂️

    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Surley if EA have the Serie A and Uefa Licence Juventus should be made to be available in the game. Pes is ruining the Argentina (Boca juniors), Chile (Colo Colo) and Brazil (Corinthians etc) leagues.

    If rumors are to be believed EA were getting Serie B fully licenced for the first time i was looking forward to playing the Italian league in career mode this year but not having Juve has just buggered that.

    EA need to update there editing so you can change club name as well as Stadium name

    PES SOD OFF
  • MOES98
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Personally this reeks of more desperation from PES than a failure from EA.

    Let them overpay for a few team licenses. Obviously as a Juve fan that blows and I can understand the disappointment but acting like EA is doomed because they don’t have a couple of big name teams stadiums or kits is laughable.

    I’ll take the title that has 90% of the main teams and licenses everyday 😂🤷‍♂️

    But in PES you cant edit the fake names and shirts, so you get the real ones.

    EA should do that too but because it wouldnt work in FUT, they wont do it. It would be so easy to make an editing option, with shirts, logos and names, but if it isnt in FUT, EA doesnt bother at all.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Personally this reeks of more desperation from PES than a failure from EA.

    Let them overpay for a few team licenses. Obviously as a Juve fan that blows and I can understand the disappointment but acting like EA is doomed because they don’t have a couple of big name teams stadiums or kits is laughable.

    I’ll take the title that has 90% of the main teams and licenses everyday 😂🤷‍♂️

    The only desperation I see is from EA minions like yourself.

    EA thought they were smart to get Barcelona back and then they left the field open for PES regarding other clubs. Juventus is the most exciting club in Europe right now, with Ronaldo and new signings like De Ligt

    The big difference though is that PES doesn’t have to “update” their game every week like EA is doing with the catastrophic results we all know of. FIFA’s gameplay is the lowest of the low.

    You just have to look at EAs stock price which has been going down and down.
    The market is always right.

    Have fun with “Pemonte Calcio”, if you close your eyes while playing, you can imagine that they are wearing Juventus shirts :D :D :D
  • EA_Andy
    3260 posts EA Community Manager
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Personally this reeks of more desperation from PES than a failure from EA.

    Let them overpay for a few team licenses. Obviously as a Juve fan that blows and I can understand the disappointment but acting like EA is doomed because they don’t have a couple of big name teams stadiums or kits is laughable.

    I’ll take the title that has 90% of the main teams and licenses everyday 😂🤷‍♂️

    The only desperation I see is from EA minions like yourself.

    EA thought they were smart to get Barcelona back and then they left the field open for PES regarding other clubs. Juventus is the most exciting club in Europe right now, with Ronaldo and new signings like De Ligt

    The big difference though is that PES doesn’t have to “update” their game every week like EA is doing with the catastrophic results we all know of. FIFA’s gameplay is the lowest of the low.

    You just have to look at EAs stock price which has been going down and down.
    The market is always right.

    Have fun with “Pemonte Calcio”, if you close your eyes while playing, you can imagine that they are wearing Juventus shirts :D :D :D

    If you want to have a genuine discussion about this then please do.

    Resorting to "EA Minions" or generally implying that anyone who has a different opinion to you works for EA is tedious and just makes your argument look childish.

  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 19
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Have fun with “Pemonte Calcio”, if you close your eyes while playing, you can imagine that they are wearing Juventus shirts :D :D :D
    Who cares, honestly, if they're in or not?

    We should judge the game by how it plays, not by how many teams have authentic shirts/crests.

    I'd rather finally have a FIFA being good on the pitch with Rudi Jantz and Brian Plank playing for Germany, Brazil fielding Janco Tianno, Bontempi and Favaro holding Italy's flag high (if you think that I made up the names altogether or that I had to look them up, I have bad news for you: they're the original FIFA International Soccer players) than having another year of FUT-driven mess which is more frustrating than fun.
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    The only desperation I see is from EA minions like yourself.
    Hey, calling one of the most respected members of the forums "minion" just because he doesn't share your point of view is utterly disrespectful.
    Consider this, not everyone sees things the way you do: you see "desperate minions", I see people crying over a team name/crest and over a couple of shirts all over the place instead.
  • BSDShoes
    1622 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn't know that so many people played career mode.

    The amount that plays career mode is way smaller than those that plays FUT, I used to play career mode all the time in older FIFA but with the bugs and lack of changes/improvements, why bother especially when your starting 11 ends up on the bench throughout the season and never goes back on the field unless you manually re-do the lineup again. Anyways, Operationsports had this huge thread back in FIFA 16 to change sliders for career mode, so there's an indication that it's still popular enough.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    PES SOD OFF
    Surely all of you were OK when EA did the same to PES three years ago, signing Manchester United, Bayern and Juve on exclusive deals, weren't you? Many of you were even happy/excited of having these teams only in FIFA.
    Surely all of you were OK when they did the same to Borussia Dortmund last year?

    So why should Konami sod off just because they 'pulled an EA' for once?

    Let's face it: with exclusive licences it's not EA or Konami losing, it's us end-users. And as long as exclusive licensing will be alive it'll aways be us losing.

    As I said earlier, I'd rather have a totally fake/fantasy game that's good on the pitch than having a fully licensed one that I don't enjoy... But maybe it's just me being old and not caring about/not understanding what FUT (and MyClub on the other side) has become.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 19
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Their badge will be a Parmesan cheese and the kit will be in the shape of a pizza.
    The stadium will be called Mamma Mia Stadio.
    This is not only offensive but also insanely inaccurate. Out of three things, you managed to choose three things that have nothing to do with Piemonte, well done! :D
  • Tom0307
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Personally this reeks of more desperation from PES than a failure from EA.

    Let them overpay for a few team licenses. Obviously as a Juve fan that blows and I can understand the disappointment but acting like EA is doomed because they don’t have a couple of big name teams stadiums or kits is laughable.

    I’ll take the title that has 90% of the main teams and licenses everyday 😂🤷‍♂️

    But what leagues are there to buy licenses for? EA have exclusivity for England, Spain and Germany. Both have a lot of the same smaller European leagues non-exclusively, and PES has the Russian League exclusively. Given that PES has always been short of huge licenses because of EA's exclusivity deals, fair play to them to getting EA back for once. Exclusive deals hurt the fans of football games who have to decide one or the other, but the blame should be on the clubs or leagues who decide to go down that route, rather than the game.

    Ajax proudly tweeted they're in both games and it's a much stronger move to be in both than one, but that's up to them, not EA or Konami.
  • MOES98
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    Didn't know that so many people played career mode.

    The amount that plays career mode is way smaller than those that plays FUT, I used to play career mode all the time in older FIFA but with the bugs and lack of changes/improvements, why bother especially when your starting 11 ends up on the bench throughout the season and never goes back on the field unless you manually re-do the lineup again. Anyways, Operationsports had this huge thread back in FIFA 16 to change sliders for career mode, so there's an indication that it's still popular enough.

    And this i exactly what EA wants. EA simply doesnt want people too play CM, only FUT, because they make money on all the kids playing it.

    The EA Devs probably get bonuses depending on how few people they can make play CM.
  • Tornado31619
    16952 posts World Class
  • Tom0307
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 19
    MOES98 wrote: »
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    Didn't know that so many people played career mode.

    The amount that plays career mode is way smaller than those that plays FUT, I used to play career mode all the time in older FIFA but with the bugs and lack of changes/improvements, why bother especially when your starting 11 ends up on the bench throughout the season and never goes back on the field unless you manually re-do the lineup again. Anyways, Operationsports had this huge thread back in FIFA 16 to change sliders for career mode, so there's an indication that it's still popular enough.

    And this i exactly what EA wants. EA simply doesnt want people too play CM, only FUT, because they make money on all the kids playing it.

    The EA Devs probably get bonuses depending on how few people they can make play CM.

    Kids and gambling addicts. There's a couple of people on my 11-a-side team who've spent hundreds that they do not have to spare on Ultimate Team packs and points. Madness. And all that money and they couldn't afford to keep Juventus
  • VagisilFC
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is just cosmetic rubbish at the end of the day.

    Gameplay is the core product that gamers make their choice on. The kiddies will behave like sheep and stay playing FUT, until they grow up and understand that the world runs on greed.
  • Peanut2000
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What will the Juve kit be like in fifa? Will it be a adidas kit with fake badge and fake sponsor. I hope the try mate it look a least a bit smart
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Surley if EA have the Serie A and Uefa Licence Juventus should be made to be available in the game. Pes is ruining the Argentina (Boca juniors), Chile (Colo Colo) and Brazil (Corinthians etc) leagues.

    If rumors are to be believed EA were getting Serie B fully licenced for the first time i was looking forward to playing the Italian league in career mode this year but not having Juve has just buggered that.

    EA need to update there editing so you can change club name as well as Stadium name

    PES SOD OFF

    You are so smart, PES do the FIFA thing
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    I still think that Piemonte Calcio has a good chance of winning Champions League next year.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 19
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Personally this reeks of more desperation from PES than a failure from EA.

    Let them overpay for a few team licenses. Obviously as a Juve fan that blows and I can understand the disappointment but acting like EA is doomed because they don’t have a couple of big name teams stadiums or kits is laughable.

    I’ll take the title that has 90% of the main teams and licenses everyday 😂🤷‍♂️

    The only desperation I see is from EA minions like yourself.

    EA thought they were smart to get Barcelona back and then they left the field open for PES regarding other clubs. Juventus is the most exciting club in Europe right now, with Ronaldo and new signings like De Ligt

    The big difference though is that PES doesn’t have to “update” their game every week like EA is doing with the catastrophic results we all know of. FIFA’s gameplay is the lowest of the low.

    You just have to look at EAs stock price which has been going down and down.
    The market is always right.

    Have fun with “Pemonte Calcio”, if you close your eyes while playing, you can imagine that they are wearing Juventus shirts :D :D :D

    If you want to have a genuine discussion about this then please do.

    Resorting to "EA Minions" or generally implying that anyone who has a different opinion to you works for EA is tedious and just makes your argument look childish.

    The genuine discussion Andy is that the gameplay hasn’t been working at all for Fifa 19. You have thousands of comments here about it (though many have subsequently been censored by EA).

    There have been numerous “updates” but they have all failed in providing a good game experience for the majority of gamers.

    Depending on where players are located, they are advantaged/disadvantaged depending on if they have servers close to their home countries or not.

    If you look at posts outside this censored forum (like twitter) you can see hundreds and hundreds of videos of ridiculous situations due to poor programming and “algorithms” to favour certain players.

    This is the reality and for FIFA 19, not a single EA official has apologized for this and nobody has promised to address these issues for FIFA 20.
    All we hear is marketing chuff about new “incredible stuff”.

    Therefore, allow me to be sarcastic after having been constructive for many years in my comments.

    P.S. I thank you for not censoring my comments and allowing to express my sincere thoughts.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Their badge will be a Parmesan cheese and the kit will be in the shape of a pizza.
    The stadium will be called Mamma Mia Stadio.
    This is not only offensive but also insanely inaccurate. Out of three things, you managed to choose three things that have nothing to do with Piemonte, well done! :D

    I spend time in Italy every year (I was in the Northern region last week) and know perfectly well what’s in the Piemonte region (Fiat etc.)

    It is called sarcasm - you should consult a dictionary and look it up.

  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Their badge will be a Parmesan cheese and the kit will be in the shape of a pizza.
    The stadium will be called Mamma Mia Stadio.
    This is not only offensive but also insanely inaccurate. Out of three things, you managed to choose three things that have nothing to do with Piemonte, well done! :D

    I spend time in Italy every year (I was in the Northern region last week) and know perfectly well what’s in the Piemonte region (Fiat etc.)

    It is called sarcasm - you should consult a dictionary and look it up.

    You were offensive because you didn't say we Italians have mafia and the most High index of ignorance in Europe.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    HarryKein wrote: »
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    Their badge will be a Parmesan cheese and the kit will be in the shape of a pizza.
    The stadium will be called Mamma Mia Stadio.
    This is not only offensive but also insanely inaccurate. Out of three things, you managed to choose three things that have nothing to do with Piemonte, well done! :D

    I spend time in Italy every year (I was in the Northern region last week) and know perfectly well what’s in the Piemonte region (Fiat etc.)

    It is called sarcasm - you should consult a dictionary and look it up.

    You were offensive because you didn't say we Italians have mafia and the most High index of ignorance in Europe.

    :D :D :D For what it’s worth, I love Italy and Italians which is why I try to spend as much time as possible over there when I can (no sarcasm this time).
  • Tornado31619
    16952 posts World Class
    The issue with PES is that Konami only obtains licenses for one club at a time. If they just went all out for Serie A entirely, then whilst it would be awful to deal with in the short-term, one would have to think that they would eventually gain the licenses for UEFA and Europe’s top five leagues. And if not, EA would likely regain the rights and actually do something with them for once.
  • TheHulk
    43 posts Park Captain
    This is the best news I've heard all week. PES needs to come to glory, **** ea
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    It is called sarcasm - you should consult a dictionary and look it up.
    Sarcasm, for me, would've been saying "they'll play in a Gianduja kit and their stadium will be named Barolo Park". That would have made perfect sense (and would've made me laugh big time).
    But just throwing there the first three commonplace things related to Italy you could think of... Meh.
    Maybe it's just me who doesn't have that much sense of humour, nevermind. Peace.
  • DYL_26
    64 posts Park Captain
    Laughable. Sack @EA_Andy
  • Tom0307
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The issue with PES is that Konami only obtains licenses for one club at a time. If they just went all out for Serie A entirely, then whilst it would be awful to deal with in the short-term, one would have to think that they would eventually gain the licenses for UEFA and Europe’s top five leagues. And if not, EA would likely regain the rights and actually do something with them for once.

    They've got exclusivity for the Russian Prem, EA hold exclusivity for Germany Spain and England anyway so they can't have that and France lets both have the licence. I've heard because of corruption it's a pain to get the Serie A all together, like there's too much red tape etc. I think they take what they can get.

    It's better PES and EA don't get exclusive rights to a league because it just punishes the consumer. Exclusive licences are down to the entity anyway so it's Juve's 'fault' for going exclusive rather than signing with PES and EA. It's their licence so they can do what they want with it. The Premier League didn't have to sign an exclusive deal with EA, they could've done both like Ligue 1 does but that was their choice.
  • kapulsky
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 24
    Мне искренне жаль фанатов ювентуса (
    Но я очень рад что эти жадные ублюдки теряют деньги!
    Может мы однажды увидим как еа борется за игроков своим качественным продуктом, а не ***** лицензий и монетизацией.
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    The Premier League didn't have to sign an exclusive deal with EA, they could've done both like Ligue 1 does but that was their choice.
    Pretty much this, but...
    Unfortunately, Juventus (but this is also valid for EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga) decided to go where the money was bigger.
    I mean, if a deal to be exclusive in game X gives you more money than two deals to appear in a non-exclusive way in games X and Y...
    So it's also EA and Konami's fault as they offer deals for exclusive presence, like EA going to talk with Borussia Dortmund and saying "if you appear in my game I give you N. If you appear in my game and refuse Konami's offer I'll give you 2*N + what you would've got from Konami".
    Not a difficult choice if you as a club/league are only after money.
Sign In or Register to comment.