Best CM/CAM for 500k

AliT
77 posts Park Captain
Looking for a CM or CAM to play CCAM. Will be flanked by Scream Fellaini and Kante as DM’s and then a front 3 of Headliner Sane, Rashford and base Maradona. I

Was thinking a version of Seedorf, but ideally someone strong to boss the midfield, with decent passing. Happy if it’s not an icon.

Apologies as I still can’t get my head round how to post an image!

Comments

• Rickardg
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sadly u dont have the links but tots bruno fernandes is a beast at CAM, also any version of neymar. Others u can try is de bruyne whatever version u can afford
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    Rickardg wrote: »
    Sadly u dont have the links but tots bruno fernandes is a beast at CAM, also any version of neymar. Others u can try is de bruyne whatever version u can afford

I had considered this as he seems to have great reviews. Annoyed at myself for being so EPL centric.

I’ve got 91 KDB, but didn’t really rate him this year. Maybe I’ll give him a go again!

Thanks for your input.
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    It’s not a CCAM if you are playing two CDMs it’s just a CAM. Sorry for being pedantic.
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    CharlieC wrote: »
    It’s not a CCAM if you are playing two CDMs it’s just a CAM. Sorry for being pedantic.

No need to apologise. Eluding to the extra C for being central. Duly note that you are correct however.
  • BayernBru
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seedorf is more of a CM than a CAM. I would suggest base Del Piero but you're looking for someone more physical. What about the base or middle version of Socrates?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14884 posts World Class
    What about an if pogba
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Seedorf is more of a CM than a CAM. I would suggest base Del Piero but you're looking for someone more physical. What about the base or middle version of Socrates?

I’ve heard mixed reviews on Socrates. Have you tried either?
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    What about an if pogba

Got the NIF and I love him, but he just feels a little slow at turning. Unsure if a +1 would make a difference?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14884 posts World Class
    AliT wrote: »
    What about an if pogba

Got the NIF and I love him, but he just feels a little slow at turning. Unsure if a +1 would make a difference?

Na doubt it would, I use tots gomez and gotta say he's my fave cam, even more than Messi
  • BayernBru

Haven't got round to using any version of Socrates unfortunately. I prefer the smaller more agile cams to be honest. If I was in your situation I would probably go for base Del Piero. TOTS Bernardo Silva would interest me too, but the idea of 3 of the 4 attackers being left footed with a 3* weakfoot puts me off.
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    What about an if pogba

Na doubt it would, I use tots gomez and gotta say he's my fave cam, even more than Messi

Might have to change my team around (somehow) and try some of the above mentioned players.
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain

Haven't got round to using any version of Socrates unfortunately. I prefer the smaller more agile cams to be honest. If I was in your situation I would probably go for base Del Piero. TOTS Bernardo Silva would interest me too, but the idea of 3 of the 4 attackers being left footed with a 3* weakfoot puts me off.

I was contemplating Bernardo Silva. Every time I play against him he seems a nuisance. Thought about 91 Eriksen as his stats seems decent. Might have to give ADP a go though, seems to be a lot of hype about him!
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Agree with @Claret_n_blue_blood about Gomez, he's awesome, I also have TOTS Bernardo and he is really good too. He's maybe not as noticeably dynamic as Gomez but as an all round package, he's nice. The thing I like about Gomez is that I can also use him as a striker late in a game to inject a bit of pace or play him out on the wing.
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Agree with @Claret_n_blue_blood about Gomez, he's awesome, I also have TOTS Bernardo and he is really good too. He's maybe not as noticeably dynamic as Gomez but as an all round package, he's nice. The thing I like about Gomez is that I can also use him as a striker late in a game to inject a bit of pace or play him out on the wing.

Cool, thanks for that. A few options I can weigh up!
  • BayernBru

I was contemplating Bernardo Silva. Every time I play against him he seems a nuisance. Thought about 91 Eriksen as his stats seems decent. Might have to give ADP a go though, seems to be a lot of hype about him!

Ignore everything I've said. I'm with @Claret_n_blue_blood - get TOTS Gomez.

Didn't consider him at first as he'd be slightly off chem.

Gomez is easily one of the funnest and best players I've used this year. I've had his NIF, Futmas, Carniball and TOTS. I have probably racked up around a 1000 games with him when you combine all the games played with each card. Each version has been incredible for me and each version has felt noticeably better than the last even though I felt at the time that he couldn't get any better. The TOTS is an elite card.

• Poidisb
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What about HL/89 Son if you can afford? They've been amazing for me in the past in this role.
  • mway
    1220 posts Professional
    I would say Bernardo Silva TOTS. But after having 4 assist from Piqué TOTS in 4 matches I don´t know what to say. :D
  • Tasch
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 15
    I’m running a portugese squad atm, with rttf Sanchez, tots Bernardo at cm’s, and tots Bruno at cam. Highly recommend Bruno, quick, agile, 4*4*, my main goalscorer as well. Lethal from 25 yards and in. Going for 80-90 k, nice price for an exellent player.
  • Robbo_86
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ve used middle Socrates an have his prime now an he is a beast!! His presence on the field is felt with his size. Great for headers too.
    I do have prime ADP in my side too with Deadeye an he is amazing.
  • Ben
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    Tasch wrote: »
    I’m running a portugese squad atm, with rttf Sanchez, tots Bernardo at cm’s, and tots Bruno at cam. Highly recommend Bruno, quick, agile, 4*4*, my main goalscorer as well. Lethal from 25 yards and in. Going for 80-90 k, nice price for an exellent player.

He only has 3* weak foot, not ideal for cam.
  • Guvnor
    1135 posts Professional
    Does van basten work at midfield?
  • Tasch
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ben wrote: »
    Tasch wrote: »

He only has 3* weak foot, not ideal for cam.

My bad. Anyways, he’s been class for me👍

• RoosterBlue
    1171 posts Professional
    TOTS Brandt. If you can fit him in.
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    Went for 87 ADP in the end. Thought that at least he will keep his value if I change my mind next week. Although Bobby F has just been re-released and I couldn’t afford him before, so maybe with rewards this week I can grab him!
  • Diem
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FB Firminho?
  • AliT
    77 posts Park Captain
    Diem wrote: »
    FB Firminho?

Yeah! Going to see what I get for rewards Thursday and then try and get him. But now I’ve played with ADP I wanna keep him and get Bobby F too. He can replace Rashford up top.
  • Domenic7736
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park

I used Middle Socrates for over 500 games, he is insane, just a matter if you prefer a more agile CAM as sometimes he would feel clunky

• AliT
    77 posts Park Captain

I used Middle Socrates for over 500 games, he is insane, just a matter if you prefer a more agile CAM as sometimes he would feel clunky

Thanks. Always found any version of Socrates challenging to play with (in draft), quite clunky as you say. However, he always seems great when playing against him.