Advice on how to train to stop using the tackle button?

Theomanny
1502 posts Play-Off Hero
edited July 14
It has absolutely ruined me this year trying to manual tackle. I always average between 17-20 tackles per game. Most times they miss completely.

I have to tackle an opponent striker 4 times in a row, only for him to get away with it.

How do u guys steal the ball from your opponents without using the tackle button.

It seems fifa defending will always be dominated by al, so i might need to start training for future instalments.

This just happened, i just put the controller down and walked away for the game to pass

I literally manual activate tots vvd with 97 interceptions and 99 standing tackle to get the ball, only to bounce back for freaking witsel of all players to score.

I mean wtf is the whole point of this game?

Another game after i made this thread

Post edited by Theomanny on

Comments

• Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    Or is there a way to just disable tackling, because it doesnt work on this fifa.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10974 posts Has That Special Something
    Theomanny wrote: »
    Or is there a way to just disable tackling, because it doesnt work on this fifa.

Works fine for me. Yes sometimes it will bounce straight back to them but it still works very well. I refuse to let the AI defend for me.
  • Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero

Works fine for me. Yes sometimes it will bounce straight back to them but it still works very well. I refuse to let the AI defend for me.

Ive had enough of it this year. It just doesnt work anymore for me
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10974 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 14

Ive had enough of it this year. It just doesnt work anymore for me

The whole game is broken from top to bottom tbh you just have to take it for what it is now. This is the future of FIFA.
  • seven
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sometimes it's best to jockey and let your player get in the way. Like you said, tackling is very unreliable and very random.
  • DistinctDwayne
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do not AI defend, stick with it lad.
  • Mossup
    1001 posts Professional
    I’d also like to know how people;
    1) Activate homing-missile tackling?
    2) Activate mass interception/blocking?

Can’t get either of these mechanics to work for me.
  • Theomanny wrote: »
    It has absolutely ruined me this year trying to manual tackle. I always average between 17-20 tackles per game. Most times they miss completely.

I have to tackle an opponent striker 4 times in a row, only for him to get away with it.

How do u guys steal the ball from your opponents without using the tackle button.

It seems fifa defending will always be dominated by al, so i might need to start training for future instalments.

This just happened, i just put the controller down and walked away for the game to pass

I literally manual activate tots vvd with 97 interceptions and 99 standing tackle to get the ball, only to bounce back for freaking witsel of all players to score.

Happens to me all the times,, now i just try to cut the path of passing, n block only when an opponent is shooting
  • Theomanny wrote: »

Sometimes bounce back??
    Most of the goals i concede are cause of that,,, n lately i have been conceding 1-2/game
  • Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last game after that. Just lookt at this two goals again. It seems to always happen to vvd. Luiz doesnt have this problem.

• GK93
    374 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mossup wrote: »
    I’d also like to know how people;
    1) Activate homing-missile tackling?
    2) Activate mass interception/blocking?

Can’t get either of these mechanics to work for me.

Buy more fifa points
  • GK93
    374 posts An Exciting Prospect

Random question, while I agree on the point that the tackling is awful, do you complain when it goes in your favour? Doubt it
  • Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    GK93 wrote: »

Random question, while I agree on the point that the tackling is awful, do you complain when it goes in your favour? Doubt it

I do sigh and think its unfair on my opponents
  • I honestly can't remember running through a tackle.

I can remember every time I tackle the ball bouncing back to the opposition though.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10016 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 15
    There’s always going to be some element of AI defending.

If they add all these things that people keep asking for in Fifa 20, I can guarantee that there will be 20 threads within a day of release complaining about the number of goals people have conceded due to the AI not doing enough. It will be the same people posting that are complaining about AI defending right now...it’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

Saying that, there definitely needs to be more reward for hitting a perfect tackle, it bounces in favour of the attacker way too often.
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    When the tackles and rebounds all go to your opponent, I think those are the most frustrating games you will play. You add in a few misplaced passes and a crossbar or two and you know its not gonna be your day.