What would you like to see implemented into FIFA 20 Career Mode? (End of July news)

Azzabazza
357 posts Sunday League Hero
edited July 2019
Discussion title states what the discussion is.
I play a lot of Manager Career Mode and hope (along with others on this forum) that EA have made some substantial changes to CM. Below are what I'd like to see implemented into CM for this year. (No order whatsoever)

. Stadium editor

. Able to continue CM past November update (implementing new facescans into current save)

. Once you win a World Cup with a National team, a star shows up on the badge & given the FIFA WC Winner's patch until the following WC.

. A new competition in CM: FIFA Club World Cup. Able to win the competition and awarded the FIFA Club WC Winner's patch until the following FIFA CWC.

. If you manage a smaller club (From League 2 up to the EFL Championship), a Premier League club would offer you a contract on how you're performing with the club. (Or other clubs on FIFA)

. Manager sackings. (With scanned managers).

. If you manage in Asia, option for International job offers to come in. (Not available yet somehow)

Comments

• MOES98
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The WC Badge is the only realistic wish you got, thats probably what the news is. And maybe to edit your manager, but cant imagine anything else than that.
  • Peanut2000
    884 posts Semi-Pro
    Absolutely nothing will have been changed..nothing
  • Peanut2000
    884 posts Semi-Pro
    If they were to be any changes to career mode you’d think they’d announce it straight away to create buzz or at least say “all new career mode” or “massive career mode changes” so I’m thinking there’s little to no improvements that’s why they are waiting to announce. Them waiting though is just annoying people.
  • GARYNOCLUB
    188 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just a career mode that works really better youth scouting system, ethnicity’s on scouting system been wrong for 3 releases now it basically all needs a massive overhaul and genuine someone who cares and looks after it because really it’s been fazed out by FUT. And it needs attention so much is wrong with leagues international job offers, the whole thing is crap it needs fixing we all no the problems it needs to be more challenging. I’m so exhausted with complaining about the career mode more people need to complain to it just seems to be small voices it needs more moaning.
  • RunGMC1995
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I won’t be surprised if EA don’t change Manager mode
  • Futbol22
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hope it’s not player career that gets improvements and manager career is left alone. I guess maddens player career has been overhauled similar to the journey and if it’s the same for fifa then it’s BS.
  • Verdi42
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Create a manager
    Use a real, scanned manager
    Scout the next opponent (so you can adjust tactics)
    Better transfers
    Better AI formations and tactics
    Better youth system
    Investing in trainers, like a stamina coach who improves the overall stamina of the team
    Create a set piece
    Adjust ticket prices
    Having a contract as a manager, and actively being asked by other teams
    Better communication with players
    More options in press conference, and that having an effect on the team, the board, the fans and the press
    More emphasis on rivalries
    More stats
  • V_I_Lenin17
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nothing will change. Not a money maker. Pro clubs will be the same. If they announce no change in the levelling up system on pro clubs it will end up like all the other fifa titles. Drop ins being the prime example. Absolutely no incentive to play as a team as it will not penalise your levelling up. Game is a mess and will remain
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    As long as they change menu colours then it will be totally worth buying again........
  • TeamExtreme17
    4243 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2019
    There are confirmed changes, Corey said that. But he also said last year the integration of Champions League was a new feature. So what "New Features" we get this year im not sure..

But the usual ones:

* Create your manager's appearance
    * Use existing Licensed managers.
    * Interactive Cut-Scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, man of the match, player of the season etc..
    * Fix bugs!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    I actually won Manager of the Month for the first time in my playing history and it was like 8 words with nothing significant. I cracked open expensive champagne I tells ya.
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    Peanut2000 wrote: »
    If they were to be any changes to career mode you’d think they’d announce it straight away to create buzz or at least say “all new career mode” or “massive career mode changes” so I’m thinking there’s little to no improvements that’s why they are waiting to announce. Them waiting though is just annoying people.

so true. the only logical reason for not even mentioning career mode in their presentation or trailer is because they haven't worked on it at all. nada. and this is exactly why i don't believe anything is going to change. RIP Career mode
  • mb23
    3 posts Ball Boy
    No fixed potential
    Fix calendars
    Position training (i.e. train a player into a new position)

Aesthetic changes are pointless for me.
  • TeamExtreme17
    The most important to me is...

Focus on Career Mode fixes all year in every Title Update!!!!!!
  • Tom0307
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd like to see customisation. Why don't you have all the edit player options open for example, even just for regens? Why shouldn't you be able to change a regen's name? And I'd love to be able to change any players squad number, I'd be more than happy to sit every season and change all La Liga first team numbers to 1-25, GKs to 1,13 and 25, Ligue 1 GKs always have 1,16,30, just little things like that to make it more realistic. There's nothing worse than like Neymar signing for Madrid and playing in no.13, it wouldn't happen anyway and it's a GKs number.

It would be cool to get league specific rules like the Chinese league only allows 3 foreign players in the starting lineup. You can stick to that yourself when you play, but the other teams don't as it stands, so you'd just get left behind as they play all the best players without limit.

And oh my god would I love the ability to turn the hidden stats in the scouting system off. I don't have the time to sit through a million emails and I'm sure plenty of people like it, but having the ability to turn it off would prove popular with so many.
  • MJD85
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2019
    Invest in CM please!
    Want to play FIFA for years to come.
    Not sure atm
  • glynnerm
    58 posts Park Captain
    If EA wanted to make money from career mode they could: (i know everyone will disagree with what Im about to say but Ill say it anyway)

they could introduce packs similar to FUT:
    1)stadium editor
    2) customised league editing/customisation mode, depending on how many teams you want, (10, 12 or 20 league teams, just making this up)
    3) staff investment - buy a real life coach to improve fitness or set-play coach (then be able to customise your set pieces(corners etc, like the old fifas had!)

there more too but I couldnt be arsed as EA will not listen to CM players

But @EA_Andy - Consider packs for improving career mode.

Id pay for them as Im addicted to career mode, since fifa first started all I really play is career mode, manager that is! That was once your bread and butter! Dont mind that FUT crap!
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2019
    Just need little bits from football manager.

Better interactions with the media (transfer speculation, form, up coming matches etc.)

Interact with players (explain that you're resting players for crucial up coming games instead of them going in a huff)

Calendar congestion (playing 3 matches in 5 days is ridiculous)

Players stats don't drop at 30

CPU not playing their best 11 against you despite you battling for the title
  • MOES98
    All i want is some realism, which should be so easy to implement but is still to much to ask for, when EA is in charge.
    • Much more realistic transfers
    • More realistic league outcome - In Fifa to win Premier League (and the other top league) 70 point is enough, because the best teams lose way to much. IRL you should have about 90 points to win. Should be so easy to fix, but EA doesnt care about career mode
    • More realistic top scorers in the league. Some problem the top players are scoring way to few goals, while some weird bad player scorer a lot. Of course there will be surprises every season, but a CDM wouldnt score 15 goals a season, while Messi, Kane etc. score the same amount (while they should score about 30 goals, like they do in real life)
    • More realism in the youth academy - more realistic names, ethnicity, and stats for youth players.

Just to add some realism will make the career mode so much better, and if it doesnt happen, CM will never be a pure joy to play, no mather how many new features EA ads. But neither new features or more realism will come to Career Mode anyway, so just a shame.
  • Crow
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MOES98 wrote: »
    All i want is some realism, which should be so easy to implement but is still to much to ask for, when EA is in charge.
    • More realistic league outcome - In Fifa to win Premier League (and the other top league) 70 point is enough, because the best teams lose way to much. IRL you should have about 90 points to win. Should be so easy to fix, but EA doesnt care about career mode
    • More realistic top scorers in the league. Some problem the top players are scoring way to few goals, while some weird bad player scorer a lot. Of course there will be surprises every season, but a CDM wouldnt score 15 goals a season, while Messi, Kane etc. score the same amount (while they should score about 30 goals, like they do in real life)
    • More realism in the youth academy - more realistic names, ethnicity, and stats for youth players.

Just to add some realism will make the career mode so much better, and if it doesnt happen, CM will never be a pure joy to play, no mather how many new features EA ads. But neither new features or more realism will come to Career Mode anyway, so just a shame.

You should look at the FiFa Realism project
  • MOES98
    Crow wrote: »
    MOES98 wrote: »

You should look at the FiFa Realism project

I dont know it?
  • Crow
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For people saying that CM or any other mode does not make money is false. If you buy FiFa for mainly one particular mode then EA is profiting by that what the offline modes do not have is the gambling mechanic or the laughable 'surprise mode' with the surprise being your wallet is empty before you know it.

People should be deciding what their favourite mode is and if EA do not improve it whether to buy the game or not. According to youtube video's EA has been struggling and lost a lot of money so now we have power to vote with our cash.

I have seen video's where it is suggested from an EA source that nothing has been to Career mode at all as EA does not think it popular, little do they know. I have seen other video's where they claim EA have done changes, to what I not know but we will find out later this month.

Looking at the screenshots to what Konami has done with PES EA has to go some just to stay on par. FIFA is an overpriced game that doesn't deliver unless you like gambling. I will wait to see what they have done with CM to see if I buy and definitely won't be pre ordering, that is a mugs game unless the game is trustworthy.

FIFA is like Jose Mourinho, used to be good but lost the dressing room and all respect from the fans. Let's say EA has done nothing to CM or your favourite offline mode then the best way you can get changes is not to buy the game.
  • Glofy20
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    glynnerm wrote: »
    If EA wanted to make money from career mode they could: (i know everyone will disagree with what Im about to say but Ill say it anyway)

1)stadium editor
    2) customised league editing/customisation mode, depending on how many teams you want, (10, 12 or 20 league teams, just making this up)
    3) staff investment - buy a real life coach to improve fitness or set-play coach (then be able to customise your set pieces(corners etc, like the old fifas had!)

Id pay for them as Im addicted to career mode, since fifa first started all I really play is career mode, manager that is! That was once your bread and butter! Dont mind that FUT crap!

We shouldn't have to beg EA to improve a game mode which is just as important, if not more important to some people as FUT. Introducing packs into career mode would kill off the player base once and for all.
    I'm addicted to career mode too, but don't we already give them too much micro transaction profits as it is.
    EA just need to listen to the suggestions from the community and implement some of them, it's honestly not too much to ask after years of neglect
  • TeamExtreme17
    Glofy20 wrote: »

1)stadium editor

We shouldn't have to beg EA to improve a game mode which is just as important, if not more important to some people as FUT. Introducing packs into career mode would kill off the player base once and for all.
    I'm addicted to career mode too, but don't we already give them too much micro transaction profits as it is.
    EA just need to listen to the suggestions from the community and implement some of them, it's honestly not too much to ask after years of neglect

Remember when we just bought the game and all modes got the same attention...
  • glynnerm
    58 posts Park Captain
    Glofy20 wrote: »

1)stadium editor

Totally agree that we shouldnt have to pay more, but reality is money talks, I dont play FUT and would rather they bring back features they had in older versions of CM which they have dropped and implement a good few new features, but I think the only way they will concentrate on CM is if they can earn from it.

Lets hope EA actually give us something positive to rival PES new master league
  • Azzabazza
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    What about adding FFP (Financial Fair Play) & VAR (Virtual Assistant Referee) into Career Mode? (Both are obviously used in real-life, and why not try to implement that into CM) ?
  • TeamExtreme17
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    What about adding FFP (Financial Fair Play) & VAR (Virtual Assistant Referee) into Career Mode? (Both are obviously used in real-life, and why not try to implement that into CM) ?

Both are in FM 2019 but a couple of lines of code are too difficult for Fifa's dev team.
  • Cayit
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Few things that would make sense...

- Have a contract (where you can or the Club decide to cancel or not)
    - If you didn't fulfill the requierments for the season you should get fired
    - You should be not able to buy every player(even you have enough money)
    - Be able to switch your jerseys,socks or shorts with each other (away jersey with home shorts...)
  • p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    it sure would be nice if ea paid any attention to career mode and actually listened to any of the ideas coming from fans, but they dont, which is why career mode sucks now. it's worse than it worse 8 years ago. EA needs to give up their licenses to someone with the skill set who actually cares or do a complete reboot of FIFA with a completely different team of devs cause the current team is obviously not fit to do their jobs. RIP FIFA
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Worst Scenario

You can play more realistic football in Career Mode! Check Gameplay improvement news!
    And more... (this means nothing)