451 with the cams

1
madwullie
4010 posts National Call-Up
Anyone use this? Is it suitable for possession. Used to love it in older editions but I've not tried it this year. Going to give it a run out I think today and tomorrow - could do with some pointers.

Assuming that prime Vieira will be solid as the cm?

Comments

  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 14
    I love it. I use Prime Vieira at CM too.

    Just had an 8 game winning streak in WL with it, regularly getting over 60% possession. Excellent formation for keeping the ball, and switching the play. My CAM's score more than my striker too, although I do use FB Ibra and PIM Socrates, so they should be!
  • The_WC
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is the team I use https://ibb.co/5v2P5Qt
    I love it favourite formation all year I use cut inside on lm and rm and stay back on both lb and rb it just seems so solid both attack and defence
  • Ki3r4nM95
    464 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I found this formation works great with pressure on heavy touch and balanced attack, but it does help having pacey and strong CAMs because more of the attacking runs will be made by them. Since my pack luck is shocking and i dont have the funds, i have been using red bernardo silva and UCL eriksen and both have been amazing in that position.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 14
    The_WC wrote: »
    This is the team I use https://ibb.co/5v2P5Qt
    I love it favourite formation all year I use cut inside on lm and rm and stay back on both lb and rb it just seems so solid both attack and defence

    Similiar to mine, but yours is a bit more jacked! I'm saving up for either base or mid Eusebio to replace Martinez.

    yve3Nxz.jpg
  • madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    I'll be playing something like

    Screenshot-20190714-124816-FUTBIN.jpg

    Or potentially cruyff up top, toty modric at rcam and suarez in the bin.

    Thoughts?

    Any pointers for tactics? I like to play possession keeping the passing as short as possible.

    Should I keep my fullbacks on stay back? I assume the cm should be stay back. Anything else I should be aware of?

    Sorry about all the questions and thanks in advance for any help.

    Good to see so many people enthusiastic about it. I loved this 3 years ago but when I tried it in 17 and 18 I just kept getting destroyed.

    What level do you all play at?

    .
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks
  • The_WC
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The_WC wrote: »
    This is the team I use https://ibb.co/5v2P5Qt
    I love it favourite formation all year I use cut inside on lm and rm and stay back on both lb and rb it just seems so solid both attack and defence

    Similiar to mine, but yours is a bit more jacked! I'm saving up for either base or mid Eusebio to replace Martinez.

    yve3Nxz.jpg

    Haha it's so similar isnt it. Very nice. I preferred high high work rates on lb and rb for some reason I just really want 96 van d now and I will be happy
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 14
    madwullie wrote: »
    I'll be playing something like

    Screenshot-20190714-124816-FUTBIN.jpg

    Or potentially cruyff up top, toty modric at rcam and suarez in the bin.

    Thoughts?

    Any pointers for tactics? I like to play possession keeping the passing as short as possible.

    Should I keep my fullbacks on stay back? I assume the cm should be stay back. Anything else I should be aware of?

    Sorry about all the questions and thanks in advance for any help.

    Good to see so many people enthusiastic about it. I loved this 3 years ago but when I tried it in 17 and 18 I just kept getting destroyed.

    What level do you all play at?

    .

    Looks brilliant. I'll post what I use when I get home, can't remember exactly off the top of my head. I generally stop playing WL at S1 or G3. I'm on 11-4 at the moment and that's a typical week... Very rarely have time to finish. D1 too, between 2000-2100 points, again, I play probably less than 5 games a week in rivals.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks

    Yeah mate, will post when I'm home.
  • The_WC
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    I use balance balance stay back on both rb left back cut inside get in behind on lm and rm and 2 on corners I usually finish elite 3
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 14
    @The_WC

    What width, depth and defending/attacking style do you use?

    Elite 3 finishing is really good with an uncommon formation. I am a Gold1 guy myslef with almost every formation (never using the 4231 and 41212(2) )
  • Theomanny
    1444 posts Play-Off Hero
    I posted a tactic guide for 451 4 months ago, but deleted it because i used drop back and possession, getting much hate on forum. It was the formation that got me my first gold 1.

    But recent patch has ruined the formation imo. The cam are now interchanging in game with the wingers which never used to happen.

    I think they patched it when loads of pro went 30:0 with it. It was the most defensive formation for me, but people would think its only attacking. I can make it so utra defensive and block off the middle and wings.
  • madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 14
    Theomanny wrote: »
    I posted a tactic guide for 451 4 months ago, but deleted it because i used drop back and possession, getting much hate on forum. It was the formation that got me my first gold 1.

    But recent patch has ruined the formation imo. The cam are now interchanging in game with the wingers which never used to happen.

    I think they patched it when loads of pro went 30:0 with it. It was the most defensive formation for me, but people would think its only attacking. I can make it so utra defensive and block off the middle and wings.

    That's rubbish mate. **** you felt you had to delete your guide too. Drop back is not for me, but surely people could have used it with other defensive settings. This place is awful sometimes.

    I'm looking for a formation with a medium to high line and plenty of short passing options. I remember it used to be like that and I'm struggling just now with my main formations so looking for something to mix it up a bit.

    This place used to be great, full of formation guides for everything, but people are so narrow minded here now (and greedy of their tactics imo) that there's much fewer threads with people helping each other and it can be seen in the whole atmosphere of the place 😢

    Annoying it's been patched too. Is this everyone's experience? Maybe I'll just keep persevering with the 352
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12646 posts Has That Special Something
    madwullie wrote: »
    Theomanny wrote: »
    I posted a tactic guide for 451 4 months ago, but deleted it because i used drop back and possession, getting much hate on forum. It was the formation that got me my first gold 1.

    But recent patch has ruined the formation imo. The cam are now interchanging in game with the wingers which never used to happen.

    I think they patched it when loads of pro went 30:0 with it. It was the most defensive formation for me, but people would think its only attacking. I can make it so utra defensive and block off the middle and wings.

    That's rubbish mate. **** you felt you had to delete your guide too. Drop back is not for me, but surely people could have used it with other defensive settings. This place is awful sometimes.

    I'm looking for a formation with a medium to high line and plenty of short passing options. I remember it used to be like that and I'm struggling just now with my main formations so looking for something to mix it up a bit.

    This place used to be great, full of formation guides for everything, but people are so narrow minded here now (and greedy of their tactics imo) that there's much fewer threads with people helping each other and it can be seen in the whole atmosphere of the place 😢

    Annoying it's been patched too. Is this everyone's experience? Maybe I'll just keep persevering with the 352

    Sadly that's this community down to a tee, and I blame EA, I knew this would happen when every single mode was made competitive. It makes people play so scummy, and the forum has suffered as a result
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    madwullie wrote: »
    Theomanny wrote: »
    I posted a tactic guide for 451 4 months ago, but deleted it because i used drop back and possession, getting much hate on forum. It was the formation that got me my first gold 1.

    But recent patch has ruined the formation imo. The cam are now interchanging in game with the wingers which never used to happen.

    I think they patched it when loads of pro went 30:0 with it. It was the most defensive formation for me, but people would think its only attacking. I can make it so utra defensive and block off the middle and wings.

    That's rubbish mate. **** you felt you had to delete your guide too. Drop back is not for me, but surely people could have used it with other defensive settings. This place is awful sometimes.

    I'm looking for a formation with a medium to high line and plenty of short passing options. I remember it used to be like that and I'm struggling just now with my main formations so looking for something to mix it up a bit.

    This place used to be great, full of formation guides for everything, but people are so narrow minded here now (and greedy of their tactics imo) that there's much fewer threads with people helping each other and it can be seen in the whole atmosphere of the place 😢

    Annoying it's been patched too. Is this everyone's experience? Maybe I'll just keep persevering with the 352

    Sadly that's this community down to a tee, and I blame EA, I knew this would happen when every single mode was made competitive. It makes people play so scummy, and the forum has suffered as a result

    There are a few exceptions, like the 442(2), the 433(5) and the 4411 threads were i like to contribute myself a lot, but otherwise its mostly either complaining and talking s h i t about other players. And i think i got 10 times the hate messages on PS4 than i did 2 or 3 years ago. For every polite and kind message i get, there are 50 filled with teenage hate speaches from all over the world
  • MHoney1234
    7671 posts League Winner
    It would be great without the position glitch
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    It would be great without the position glitch

    Played 5 games so far today with the 451 and had no issues with my wingers and cam switching positions. Of course sometimes a cam was out wide, but thats fine and can happen when they are not on their position in defense because i moved them manually away fro their usual position.
  • The_WC
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @The_WC

    What width, depth and defending/attacking style do you use?

    Elite 3 finishing is really good with an uncommon formation. I am a Gold1 guy myslef with almost every formation (never using the 4231 and 41212(2) )

    https://ibb.co/kgHDcjz

    https://ibb.co/dk9jFgX

    Currently 14 and 1 but now it gets tough. Second print screen is width etc the cm I have on cover centre lm come back on defence cut inside get in behind and same with rm.
  • madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    That picture or whatever it is on your wall needs straightened urgently mate.

    Feng shui tips aside, thanks for that. Just played my first ever game with it and drew 4-4. He was home and scored a kick off goal straight away. Just not sure enough at that point where my players would be etc. Tightened up a bit quickly and it wasn't as defensively frail as I thought it would be. Had my lm and rm both on come back and my FBs on balanced. I have a real aversion to full backs on stay back so try to avoid it when I can

    Ended up playing pretty well, having the best of the stats and losing a last minute equaliser. All fair enough stuff considering I was trying out a new formation.
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    The_WC wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @The_WC

    What width, depth and defending/attacking style do you use?

    Elite 3 finishing is really good with an uncommon formation. I am a Gold1 guy myslef with almost every formation (never using the 4231 and 41212(2) )

    https://ibb.co/kgHDcjz

    https://ibb.co/dk9jFgX

    Currently 14 and 1 but now it gets tough. Second print screen is width etc the cm I have on cover centre lm come back on defence cut inside get in behind and same with rm.

    3 games with that setup: 3 wins, 14 goals scored, 4 conceded. Come back instructions really improved the defensive stability. Still vulnerable on the counter, but as soon as everyone is back, it is really solid.

    And i added Join the attack on my LB Toty Marcello as he is wasted staying back and set my RB on stay back and inverted. It is like a 3atb formation when Marcello joins the attack.
  • madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 14
    Nvm
  • lippyone
    880 posts Semi-Pro
    madwullie wrote: »
    Nvm

    Is 433 (5). Struggling at the moment?
  • madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    lippyone wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    Nvm

    Is 433 (5). Struggling at the moment?

    I'm struggling atm mate. So like all good fut players, I look to the formation first. Next it'll be my players. Then probably a new router / upgrade my isp. After that point I'll probably check out some tutorial videos
  • Ki3r4nM95
    464 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks

    Atm im using pressure on heavy touch with 4 depth and 3 width then balanced counter with 6 wide, 3 in the box for a cross, 3 free kicks and 4 for corners.

    I put my full backs as stay back, overlap, aggressive defending.

    Cb's default.

    Cm as stay back, cover centre.

    Wingers are both set balanced attack, cut inside and get behind.

    Both my CAM's are get forward only

    My ST is set as get forward and get behind.

    This is my team at the minute, and for me the tactics im using seem to work really well on the counter aswell as defending.

    2rpqlp2.jpg
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks

    Atm im using pressure on heavy touch with 4 depth and 3 width then balanced counter with 6 wide, 3 in the box for a cross, 3 free kicks and 4 for corners.

    I put my full backs as stay back, overlap, aggressive defending.

    Cb's default.

    Cm as stay back, cover centre.

    Wingers are both set balanced attack, cut inside and get behind.

    Both my CAM's are get forward only

    My ST is set as get forward and get behind.

    This is my team at the minute, and for me the tactics im using seem to work really well on the counter aswell as defending.

    2rpqlp2.jpg

    Thanks for sharing. I will try it and see what suits my playstyle best out of the suggestions/tactics posted here.

    In general i rarely use get in behind on a striker, as i use thme to back into a player and play lots of give and go passes. And i use TOTY Marcello as overlapping and always attacking LB in any formation as his attacking contribution is unreal and he is really not a stay back defender.

    This is the team i am using now. I guess its almost perfect in any position and i dont see much room for improvement. Futties Perisic is the only player that might get replaced

    https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/9071281
  • madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    Would you say this is more of a counter attack formation or a possession holding formation?
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    madwullie wrote: »
    Would you say this is more of a counter attack formation or a possession holding formation?

    Possession.
  • Ki3r4nM95
    464 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks

    Atm im using pressure on heavy touch with 4 depth and 3 width then balanced counter with 6 wide, 3 in the box for a cross, 3 free kicks and 4 for corners.

    I put my full backs as stay back, overlap, aggressive defending.

    Cb's default.

    Cm as stay back, cover centre.

    Wingers are both set balanced attack, cut inside and get behind.

    Both my CAM's are get forward only

    My ST is set as get forward and get behind.

    This is my team at the minute, and for me the tactics im using seem to work really well on the counter aswell as defending.

    2rpqlp2.jpg

    Thanks for sharing. I will try it and see what suits my playstyle best out of the suggestions/tactics posted here.

    In general i rarely use get in behind on a striker, as i use thme to back into a player and play lots of give and go passes. And i use TOTY Marcello as overlapping and always attacking LB in any formation as his attacking contribution is unreal and he is really not a stay back defender.

    This is the team i am using now. I guess its almost perfect in any position and i dont see much room for improvement. Futties Perisic is the only player that might get replaced

    https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/9071281

    Mate your team has made mine look like a poor mans team, how did you manage to obtain all those top end players.
  • EisenErmin
    5160 posts Big Money Move
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks

    Atm im using pressure on heavy touch with 4 depth and 3 width then balanced counter with 6 wide, 3 in the box for a cross, 3 free kicks and 4 for corners.

    I put my full backs as stay back, overlap, aggressive defending.

    Cb's default.

    Cm as stay back, cover centre.

    Wingers are both set balanced attack, cut inside and get behind.

    Both my CAM's are get forward only

    My ST is set as get forward and get behind.

    This is my team at the minute, and for me the tactics im using seem to work really well on the counter aswell as defending.

    2rpqlp2.jpg

    Thanks for sharing. I will try it and see what suits my playstyle best out of the suggestions/tactics posted here.

    In general i rarely use get in behind on a striker, as i use thme to back into a player and play lots of give and go passes. And i use TOTY Marcello as overlapping and always attacking LB in any formation as his attacking contribution is unreal and he is really not a stay back defender.

    This is the team i am using now. I guess its almost perfect in any position and i dont see much room for improvement. Futties Perisic is the only player that might get replaced

    https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/9071281

    Mate your team has made mine look like a poor mans team, how did you manage to obtain all those top end players.

    I have to admit i spend 20 euros at release on packs and got players worth maybe 50K thatway to get the trading started. I traded like mad in the first weeks and had my first million within 3 or 4 days by trading with silvers. From there on i focussed on (discard) IF trading and as we all know they sometimes spiked like crazy when new SBC were released. Made millions that way and always had 100-200 IF in my club and transfer list to sell. My biggest transfer profit ever was like 4 million in 1 day when these UCL upgrade SBC was released. I somehow managed to buy like 400-500 low rated rare UCL players just 1 day before for like 1000coins each and they sold 2 days later for almost maximum . So i turned 500K into around 4-5 million whitin two days. Sometimes you need some luck and hope for the best.
  • Ki3r4nM95
    464 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    Ki3r4nM95 wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @SomeNextGuy @Ki3r4nM95 @The_WC

    Would you guys mind sharing your exact tactics and instructions please?

    I would love to use it again (i did some month ago) with tactics that have proved to be usable in WL

    Thanks

    Atm im using pressure on heavy touch with 4 depth and 3 width then balanced counter with 6 wide, 3 in the box for a cross, 3 free kicks and 4 for corners.

    I put my full backs as stay back, overlap, aggressive defending.

    Cb's default.

    Cm as stay back, cover centre.

    Wingers are both set balanced attack, cut inside and get behind.

    Both my CAM's are get forward only

    My ST is set as get forward and get behind.

    This is my team at the minute, and for me the tactics im using seem to work really well on the counter aswell as defending.

    2rpqlp2.jpg

    Thanks for sharing. I will try it and see what suits my playstyle best out of the suggestions/tactics posted here.

    In general i rarely use get in behind on a striker, as i use thme to back into a player and play lots of give and go passes. And i use TOTY Marcello as overlapping and always attacking LB in any formation as his attacking contribution is unreal and he is really not a stay back defender.

    This is the team i am using now. I guess its almost perfect in any position and i dont see much room for improvement. Futties Perisic is the only player that might get replaced

    https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/9071281

    Mate your team has made mine look like a poor mans team, how did you manage to obtain all those top end players.

    I have to admit i spend 20 euros at release on packs and got players worth maybe 50K thatway to get the trading started. I traded like mad in the first weeks and had my first million within 3 or 4 days by trading with silvers. From there on i focussed on (discard) IF trading and as we all know they sometimes spiked like crazy when new SBC were released. Made millions that way and always had 100-200 IF in my club and transfer list to sell. My biggest transfer profit ever was like 4 million in 1 day when these UCL upgrade SBC was released. I somehow managed to buy like 400-500 low rated rare UCL players just 1 day before for like 1000coins each and they sold 2 days later for almost maximum . So i turned 500K into around 4-5 million whitin two days. Sometimes you need some luck and hope for the best.

    Cheers mate, something ill have to look at doing soon as fifa 20 comes out as doubt their will be anything to turn a value on now as come friday futties will be finished and so will fifa 19 in a sense. Cheers for the advice though 👍.
Sign In or Register to comment.