WL results coincidence?

Koning Spijker
1120 posts Professional
My son and I both play WL. I play with a much better team (on paper) than him. Yet, I think he is a bit better than me.
During season my son was always S1/G3.
I always stopped at G3 with about 7 games remaining. During TOTS I kept going till G2, which I always achieved.

Last 3 weeks we held contact (son was at his mom's) and the win/loss ratio was about the same.
G3, G3, S2

Yesterday my son stopped at 10win out of 16.
I was 8/12.
This morning I started and went as follow
10/14
10/18
11/19
12/21

Now my son was 10/16 and just apped me he has 9 games to go, needing 5 wins for G2. Same as 12/21.
So you can call it coincidence, but if you are a G3/G2 player, the outcome is the same every week.

Comments

• MHoney1234
    7671 posts League Winner
    So what you saying?
  • Koning Spijker
    1120 posts Professional
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    So what you saying?

What I mean is, no matter when, where or how you play, the outcome is the same every week. Regular G2/G3 players will mostly never hit G1. If I am on 17 win, with 10 games remaining, it will be hard as hell to get to 20 wins.
    If I am on 10 wins, with 5 games remaining, I know I will get my 4 wins.

What I am saying is, don't let WL frustrate you. Accept your level, you know you will at least achieve that and hardly end up any higher.

No matter the team difference, no matter the skill difference, you will end up where you always do
  • lippyone
    880 posts Semi-Pro
    The rankings are quite efficient so it is not surprising the results are always fairly similar. Soon as you get ahead of your usual rank the hard matchups arrive. Like MHoney said if you get better you will get better results, but most people do not really improve much so finish in same spot.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    Better team won’t change result. It’s not pay to win like people think. I get 22-24 wins no matter if I play with my 30m coin team or 200k sweaty pl gold team.

That’s just your level.
  • RVN_10
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don’t believe in it to be honest. I started G1 ended up E2. You finish G3/G2 because that’s your level, nothing wrong with that, but all G3 players seem to think it’s EA stopping them from hitting the top 100.

He never said that, you are looking for something or assuming he means something else. He is just saying accept your level and dont get so frustrated with a game, yes you can get better over time but it's not worth the stress or anger for a few extra rewards
  • Murphdogz
    1399 posts Play-Off Hero
    So what you saying?

What I mean is, no matter when, where or how you play, the outcome is the same every week. Regular G2/G3 players will mostly never hit G1. If I am on 17 win, with 10 games remaining, it will be hard as hell to get to 20 wins.
    If I am on 10 wins, with 5 games remaining, I know I will get my 4 wins.

What I am saying is, don't let WL frustrate you. Accept your level, you know you will at least achieve that and hardly end up any higher.

No matter the team difference, no matter the skill difference, you will end up where you always do

I have played every weekend league bar 1 weekend.since release.
    My first ever weekend league I got 11 wins game not long out getting use to the game ect.then following weekend I hit 14 wins.then hit 16 wins for weeks on end.then finally hit gold 2 when premier League tots was in packs.also hit gold 1.

But went through a weird patch everything kept going wrong losing to mistakes I didn't do like penalties given when my defender knocks someone down when I'm controlling the opposite defender silly things like this.
    Finished with 13 wins 2 weeks in a row then back to gold 3 for a few weeks then 13 wins for 2 weeks in a row then gold 3 again the last 3 weeks 13 wins.
    This weekend my worst ever run I was 3 wins out of 12.

Even though I upgraded my team.and I'm not even being outplayed I'm going up by 2 early goals attacking for fun to team not moving or working. clear shots on a easy goal and my player just stands their press shoot he don't shoot then lose the ball.
    Now I'm on 10 wins with 8 remaining and not sure if I'll get 14 back again or 13 as before I new I would always reach my rank no matter what happened.
  • i went from gold 1 to elite 2 during tots. either its because of the team or suddenly i have become good. i think its the team.
  • Koning Spijker
    1120 posts Professional
    Better team won’t change result. It’s not pay to win like people think. I get 22-24 wins no matter if I play with my 30m coin team or 200k sweaty pl gold team.

That’s just your level.

Exactly, and what @RVN_10 said.
    Speaking for myself, I am 37yo and I still play the way I think it should be played. This way I receive G2 if I play all 30. So I stopped expecting any higher, because I am just not good enough for it, and have no will or skill to improve.

So the reason why G3/G2 players don't get any higher, is because that's their skill level, not because EA stops you from getting higher
  • Guys,

I have been playing this franchise till Fifa95. This year I have played around 2,5k FUT games and I have built a pretty decent squad. I am not so good about abusing the game mechanics, actually I don’t like doing unrealistic things in game such as spamming Iniesta skill and so on. I have more old school playing style maybe that is the reason why I couldn’t improve my gameplay this year. Although I did never experience such a thing in previous years. ( I didn’t play Fifa18 at all)

Based on my experince in years, with each new Fifa game, mechanics change a bit. Some years you have big changes but if you play the game enıugh you learn the mechanics and improve your gameplay. This is so basic and in general for all games if you spend enough time, you somehow improve yourself. For me, this didn’t happen this year. I don’t know why and how but I have been stuck in G2 and D2 all year;) If I win 1 game, I definitely loose the next one and this doesn’t change at all. Sometimes I have 5 in row win with good and fluid gameplay, and I loose the next 5 games for sure no matter what I do. I experince all weird stuff in game which makes me real toxic. Each game I hit the post at least 2 times and if it goes up to 4-5 times I definitely loose that game. It feels like the game is not consistent at all. One game your players play incredible and the next game all your players are ****. Let me tell like this, a few months ago I had gethered enough coins to buy R7 and he scored 0 goals in his first 10 games but something happened afterwards and he scored 25 goals in next 10 games. I feel like I have no control over my players and I am not the one who is playing the game. I feel like EA is tossing a coin before the game and deciding who is gonna win. I believe this is killing the spirit of the game because I can’t even have fun when I win because I see that my opponent is having the same inconsistent gameplay I had experienced 1 game before. This prevents me from improving my gameplay because the things I do really well in previous game, doesn’t work at all in the next game. This is not something related with good opponents trust me. I can differentiate if the opponent is playing real good and I have huge respect against such players and I even try to learn from their gameplay.

If you have the similar experince I would be very happy if you can share and if you managed to overcome this loop?
  • Better team won’t change result. It’s not pay to win like people think. I get 22-24 wins no matter if I play with my 30m coin team or 200k sweaty pl gold team.

That’s just your level.

Exactly, and what @RVN_10 said.
    Speaking for myself, I am 37yo and I still play the way I think it should be played. This way I receive G2 if I play all 30. So I stopped expecting any higher, because I am just not good enough for it, and have no will or skill to improve.

So the reason why G3/G2 players don't get any higher, is because that's their skill level, not because EA stops you from getting higher

it's not will or skill but as we get older ( in competitive gaming 37 is oldish - im 37 too ) our powers of concentration dwindle and the sheer desire to continually give your best is draining on your body and mind .

in a one off game i can give regular elite and top 100 players on pc a good game - i win and lose but rarely get destroyed . In weekend league after 10 games i'm shattered and it takes me a good day and a half to recover but i continue to play in the meantime and go from 9-3 etc to 10 -12 .

i lose to some awful goals and ea bs but i stop getting my shots away and my passing becomes slower .. i take extra touches .

i usually aim for just 11 wins and then if i get to that early i relax completely and know that i can have fun and get to 14 wins without too much stress .

if i played the park the bus counter attack nonsense i'd probably achieve better results but not enjoy playing at all .

i play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with balanced and fast build up and try to attack as much as possible - my defeats tend to come against those that sit in deep and defend with almost everyone behind the ball .

then you have the cheaters on pc with regenerating stamina and timed finishing etc .

An elite player on console will struggle to get near top 100 on pc a lot of the time .

On console there is a larger player base with far more casual players - easier wins .

can't really say "that's your level" because one gold 3 player might play against 25 very good opponents .. whilst a gold 1 player might have met 14 easier opponents along the way ( opponent was tired , distracted or tilting etc)
  • DasPonyboy
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Onuryuk83 wrote: »
    Guys,

I have been playing this franchise till Fifa95. This year I have played around 2,5k FUT games and I have built a pretty decent squad. I am not so good about abusing the game mechanics, actually I don’t like doing unrealistic things in game such as spamming Iniesta skill and so on. I have more old school playing style maybe that is the reason why I couldn’t improve my gameplay this year. Although I did never experience such a thing in previous years. ( I didn’t play Fifa18 at all)

Based on my experince in years, with each new Fifa game, mechanics change a bit. Some years you have big changes but if you play the game enıugh you learn the mechanics and improve your gameplay. This is so basic and in general for all games if you spend enough time, you somehow improve yourself. For me, this didn’t happen this year. I don’t know why and how but I have been stuck in G2 and D2 all year;) If I win 1 game, I definitely loose the next one and this doesn’t change at all. Sometimes I have 5 in row win with good and fluid gameplay, and I loose the next 5 games for sure no matter what I do. I experince all weird stuff in game which makes me real toxic. Each game I hit the post at least 2 times and if it goes up to 4-5 times I definitely loose that game. It feels like the game is not consistent at all. One game your players play incredible and the next game all your players are ****. Let me tell like this, a few months ago I had gethered enough coins to buy R7 and he scored 0 goals in his first 10 games but something happened afterwards and he scored 25 goals in next 10 games. I feel like I have no control over my players and I am not the one who is playing the game. I feel like EA is tossing a coin before the game and deciding who is gonna win. I believe this is killing the spirit of the game because I can’t even have fun when I win because I see that my opponent is having the same inconsistent gameplay I had experienced 1 game before. This prevents me from improving my gameplay because the things I do really well in previous game, doesn’t work at all in the next game. This is not something related with good opponents trust me. I can differentiate if the opponent is playing real good and I have huge respect against such players and I even try to learn from their gameplay.

If you have the similar experince I would be very happy if you can share and if you managed to overcome this loop?
    All of this. How on Earth can anyone use the company man “that’s your level” argument when EA has a patent on DDA. The game dictates outcome and if players don’t believe that they need to take the blinders off.
  • CharlieC
    5913 posts Big Money Move
    The game causes t
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Onuryuk83 wrote: »
    Guys,

All of this. How on Earth can anyone use the company man “that’s your level” argument when EA has a patent on DDA. The game dictates outcome and if players don’t believe that they need to take the blinders off.

*blinkers
  • Jonboyparker
    5037 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t believe in it to be honest. I started G1 ended up E2. You finish G3/G2 because that’s your level, nothing wrong with that, but all G3 players seem to think it’s EA stopping them from hitting the top 100.

I have to agree with this tbh. I average G2 and I absolutely believe G3-G1 is very similar in level. A couple of bad matches and G1 is gone but you can normally grind to G2. The difference at our level is we play with a standard mindset. Hitting Elite requires some skill or at least better knowledge of the game mechanics.

I’m not ashamed to say this. There is no shame in being gold standard. It’s jusy a game. Yes we have games that we could win if we didn’t hit the post as much but it happens both ways. The AI has a big influence at our level but hitting elite requires out smarting it. That’s the name of the game I’m afraid. We all know that the game mechanics are shambles but the very best ‘at the game’ (not football), know how to play it.
  • Wooly1203
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think most people are improving at roughly the same speed. This applies to both their teams and their gameplay. The exception to this would be if you pull something crazy, dump money into the game, or really increase the amount you’re practicing. Otherwise, it makes sense for you to finish in roughly the same position.
  • Dazzler179
    1075 posts Professional
    I’ve been G2/3 all year. With the occasional S1. I’ve been pushing for G1.

I’ve been working on my gameplay, improving my dribbling, learning skill moves I didn’t know (fake shots, body feints etc) and improving my penalties. Even learned manual passing to help break things up.

Whilst I am now a better player when I play against my friends who are G2/3 players, before our matches were close but now I win everytime by at least 2/3 goals.

As much as I feel and evidence would show I’ve became a better player my WL Rank stays the same.

My squad is good, I have arguably the best back 4 in the game (TOTS Mendy, PIM Maldini, TOTS Miltao and TOTS Lala) along with a solid midfield and forwards. Team value has been around 9/11m over the past few weeks.

I think it’s DDA, there’s some games where I’m in complete control then all of a sudden it feels like a switch and my team can’t pass, run slow and players end up totally out of position. Or crazy things like players I’m not controlling conceding penalties, the ball turning into a magnet for the woodwork and the opposing players being able to shoot from miles out and top binning it.

I just play for fun now but the game really is a joke.
  • I am not sure if it is any proof but I have played with my friend side by side and I know he is really bad at this game ( he hasnt been playing Fifa for last 3 years). In all our matches I won like 4-0 , 5-0 which was the normal and expected result for us. 2 days later he called me saying that he bought the game and we played online later that night. It was like he wasnt the same person who I played 2 days ago. We have made 5 games in a row and I really struggled in winning. I dont know what happened at his side within 2 days but after that day I totally believed that there is something wrong going on with this game. He also didnt understand how the hell it happened. It felt like we were playing fixed matches. I believe you understand the DDA very vividly once you play with a friend that you know his skill level.

Did anyone try this before? If yes could you please share your experience?
  • Chavez76
    2439 posts Fans' Favourite
    went from a S1 / G3 (start) to a G1 player in this last WL. So no, I dont think it is set in stone.
    I play games where I think I should be loosing (at least 2 or 3 today alone) but I won them anyway, and sometimes I feel the same the other way around.