92 Toty Nominee Bale is just awful

GT500
238 posts Sunday League Hero
I’ve played 11 online games with this card. 0 goals and 0 assists in champs and rivals. Is anyone else unable to use him. Can’t close dribble, feels incredibly slow (no way he has 2 less pace than Lozano) can’t score, can’t jump, gets pushed off the ball. Going into the first sbc I need to complete.

Before you comment and say I’m trash I know I’m not good, Div 2 and gold 3 but I can score with anyone else but him.

Comments

• greggles
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    where are you playing him?
  • mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 13
    I had the same problem. Same division. He was a disaster. I was about to send him to an SBC because during a match he missed two chances, scored an own goal and avoided a Piqué goal when he was about to score. One more match for him and ...

Hat-Trick, amazing free kick, winning goal, today 2 goals again. It was the game, not Bale. Keep him. He will play better when the game decides.
  • Alex_cr
    4031 posts National Call-Up
    I haven’t found him as bad as that but I regret doing him. By all accounts it looks like you need to play him up front.
  • Pranav
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    The best thing about him is the headers and strength. He feel much more slower and worse at close control than Lozano because of the balance body type
  • GT500
    greggles wrote: »
    where are you playing him?
    I primarily play him at RW in a 4-3-3 false nine but I’ve trued him at LW as well
  • GT500
    He has finally scored his first goal. But it was a tap in which I was very concerned he’d miss. Still not loving this card in the slightest
  • greggles
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GT500 wrote: »
    He has finally scored his first goal. But it was a tap in which I was very concerned he’d miss. Still not loving this card in the slightest

Cam and striker hes fine for me, sub him in those areas u may get more joy
  • BeastlyHusla
    2511 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play him central or us him for the crossing meta.
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    He was good 5 months ago I play him as St at ht sub of Davies switch him to rw bring ibra on in a 424 he's better at rw but still not a top card to have
  • GT500

I don’t cross but I’d expect him to finish some shots when I cut in on his left. They just don’t go in.
  • BeastlyHusla
    2511 posts Fans' Favourite
    GT500 wrote: »

I don’t cross but I’d expect him to finish some shots when I cut in on his left. They just don’t go in.

I had same problem with otw mahrez. Couldnt shoot for ****, changed tactics to cut in and now he scores pearlers.
  • Gnomenclature
    2211 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you don't cross a lot or play him at striker at 7 chem he's kinda useless. He's scoring a lot for me though in my 442(2) possession squad. I cross a lot though.

Scores on corners more than anyone else I have too. Basically how I got the la liga defender assists done in 4 games.
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Put hawk on him depending ur playstyle keep trying different chem styles until 1 works
  • Mido
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I bring him off the bench around 70 mins up front. He’s been great so far. Won me a few games as I have the ability to mix it up with him up top.
  • GT500
    I’ve tried everything I feel like. 14 games 1 goal and 0 assist. Might just get Promes or something because it’s **** me off now. I have no other words for him other than useless. I’ll give him the rest if week to prove me wrong or else it’s the chopping block.
  • mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 13
    He just scored 2 more. It´s the game. I remember when I first tried him and he was not an inch of the player he is now. Of course, soon the game will decide he will be useless again for a few matches, but now he is amazing.

Edit : And 2 more. Now he is a scoring machine. This game ... :D
  • Murphdogz
    1399 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought the same.he rarely jumps for the ball.he just isn't good enough is striker position he is slow falls over to much.definatly better on the wing.34 played 34 goals.but he just ain't good enough plenty better than him out their
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    His 89 card is better lol 15 games 3 goals 3 assists might just get griezmann rw birthday card to replace him
  • rukawai
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me he plays better at ST position. Scored some nice headers
  • torakun
    1491 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is why I waited when the hype dies. Every youtube hyped him up saying how he's like the best valued sbc ever or something.

I had my suspicion when I tried his nif a while back and thought he's a slow poke. I guess I dodged a bullet here. Phew.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12646 posts Has That Special Something
    He's good, but not amazing. He got most of my WL run and I noticed he's good in the air, if you can get him on his left, if....then he's got a great shot. Passing his fine, the poor balance is noticeable tho, and for me he has the worst first touch I've seen ... He doesn't feel like a 92 rated
  • Sterve
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Play him R ST in a two up front. Pass from left to his left foot. First time shot. Repeat.
  • Any version of bale turns like a two tonne ferry
  • DannySTFC
    886 posts Semi-Pro
    He has 11 in 21 WL games for me (usually take him off after 70 mins).

Playing ST in a 352. He’s missed a few chances I wouldn’t expect him to, chances which in a tight WL game you need to finish, but in other games he’s won games for me, most of those goals have been headers.

His finishing is nowhere near the standard of his strike partner Eusebio and you’re always aware he doesn’t have much of a weak foot, but he’s definitely contributing. Playing a crossing game helps too.
  • GT500
    torakun wrote: »
    This is why I waited when the hype dies. Every youtube hyped him up saying how he's like the best valued sbc ever or something.

I had my suspicion when I tried his nif a while back and thought he's a slow poke. I guess I dodged a bullet here. Phew.

Yup I was u sure about it and I saw the Nepenthez video saying he’s the best sbc ever and thought... well even if that is an over exaggeration he should still be good. I was mislead.
  • Kingdingaling
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    torakun wrote: »

His nif is actually a good card start of game but the sbc would have been great 5 months ago but not. Now