Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Toxic player

oneskyworld
1026 posts Professional
Really hate facing players in drwho doesn't play for the weekly objectives, and still play like their life depends on that.
Also celebrate like crazy and watching every single replays.
If it's not for the Spanish depender assist, I would have easily beat him. It's quite obvious I didn't play for the win.

Comments

• oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Just had another one. He is already 4-1 up, still play drop back, constant pressure, and scoop up cross. Of course, watched every single replay.
    My only purpose in the game is to let my Gomes to score. Was basically using the most attacking tactics the whole game.
  • Knowlesdinho
    12843 posts Has That Special Something
    I never understand posts like this...not many people play this game to lose.
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    But someone might be finished the weekly objective and now wants to play normal
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

But they are already winning, and bigly.
    There is zero chance to lose.
    And still playing the same way. I guess someone up there said it right, that's the only way they know.
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited July 2019

And still playing the same way. I guess someone up there said it right, that's the only way they know.

It’s the same reason Man City continued to score goals against Watford, or USA womens team destroyed Thailand. What do you expect them to do, part the Red Sea like Moses and give you a free consolation goal?
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    edited July 2019

It’s the same reason Man City continued to score goals against Watford, or USA womens team destroyed Thailand. What do you expect them to do, part the Red Sea like Moses and give you a free consolation goal?

Can't tell if you are serious or trolling, you are actually comparing a DR game to a world cup match?

LMAO. And btw, the USWNT got slammed heavily after the Thai game, not for the goals, mostly for the celebration.
  • Knowlesdinho

Can't tell if you are serious or trolling, you are actually comparing a DR game to a world cup match?

LMAO.

No, I'm saying that people shouldn't be expected to gift you something because you expect them to. People play to win, and are competitive. It's like saying that a football team shouldn't score another goal because it's humiliating enough, or that if 1 goal would save a team from relegation, you should let them have it.

People put their own morality on the game and expect others to adhere to it, but you can't because not everyone has the same ethics.

And I'm speaking as a person that will not take advantage of someone that is not controlling their players. Before they had the auto kick feature in FIFA, when people could just put their pad down and leave the game running...if I knew they weren't doing it for toxic reasons (it was 0-0 or they were ahead for example) I would wait for them to return. It was usually quite obvious because they would pause, probably having to deal with something at their end.

I once did this to someone at 0-0, it was very obvious that he was distracted and then he went away for over 1 minute of play...it was a good game and I didn't want to disrespect him by scoring cheap goals in his absence. He returned and the game resumed, Then my batteries went in my pad (my fault as I'd seen the warning flash up earlier in the day). He didn't give me the same curtesy that I had given him, and he scored a goal winning 1-0.

Was I annoyed, absolutely, but I can't expect people to live by a moral code that I've imposed on myself.

It is what it is.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

LMAO.

No, I'm saying that people shouldn't be expected to gift you something because you expect them to. People play to win, and are competitive. It's like saying that a football team shouldn't score another goal because it's humiliating enough, or that if 1 goal would save a team from relegation, you should let them have it.

People put their own morality on the game and expect others to adhere to it, but you can't because not everyone has the same ethics.

And I'm speaking as a person that will not take advantage of someone that is not controlling their players. Before they had the auto kick feature in FIFA, when people could just put their pad down and leave the game running...if I knew they weren't doing it for toxic reasons (it was 0-0 or they were ahead for example) I would wait for them to return. It was usually quite obvious because they would pause, probably having to deal with something at their end.

I once did this to someone at 0-0, it was very obvious that he was distracted and then he went away for over 1 minute of play...it was a good game and I didn't want to disrespect him by scoring cheap goals in his absence. He returned and the game resumed, Then my batteries went in my pad (my fault as I'd seen the warning flash up earlier in the day). He didn't give me the same curtesy that I had given him, and he scored a goal winning 1-0.

Was I annoyed, absolutely, but I can't expect people to live by a moral code that I've imposed on myself.

It is what it is.

I think you didn't get my point. First if all, it's not a real game. And nobody is talking about winning or losing.

And at what point I said people should gift me anything? Where did you read that?

And people playing for this week's are not for the win. And if you play for the objective , it's already at disadvantage to begin with.

Not about moral or something, just get a grip, you are winning not because you are better, it's because other side playing an unnatural football.

Why so excited to score a counter against a 6, 7 deep, 424 all out attack team? And why still drop back, 0 depth when you are 4-1 or 6-1 up?
  • DannySTFC
    2779 posts Fans' Favourite
    Breaking news - Fifa player wants to win game instead of letting opponent complete an objective. Up next, a bear ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the woods.
  • Knowlesdinho

LMAO.

It is what it is.

I think you didn't get my point. First if all, it's not a real game. And nobody is talking about winning or losing.

And at what point I said people should gift me anything? Where did you read that?

And people playing for this week's are not for the win. And if you play for the objective , it's already at disadvantage to begin with.

Not about moral or something, just get a grip, you are winning not because you are better, it's because other side playing an unnatural football.

Why so excited to score a counter against a 6, 7 deep, 424 all out attack team? And why still drop back, 0 depth when you are 4-1 or 6-1 up?

Why not? You are expecting people to play in a way that suits your moral perception of the game. If someone wants to park the bus at 6-0 up, they can.

Some of the deficits I’ve overcome in this game means that even the biggest lead can be overturned.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

LMAO.

It is what it is.

Why not? You are expecting people to play in a way that suits your moral perception of the game. If someone wants to park the bus at 6-0 up, they can.

Some of the deficits I’ve overcome in this game means that even the biggest lead can be overturned.

And I can complain, right?
  • Knowlesdinho

LMAO.

It is what it is.

Absolutely, but what good does it do? You’re not going to stop people playing 1 depth, they watch the pros and follow suit.

It’s not all toxic behaviour, some people just want to win, and win at all costs. Some (like me) just don’t really care about the objectives. I’m not going to bust my gut over a card...if it comes naturally then it’s a bonus, but if not, it just doesn’t matter.
  • Seanregal
    985 posts Professional
    Really hate facing players in drwho doesn't play for the weekly objectives, and still play like their life depends on that.
    If it's not for the Spanish depender assist, I would have easily beat him. It's quite obvious I didn't play for the win.
    i hate facing players in Dr Who too, timewasting timelords
  • Knowlesdinho
    Seanregal wrote: »
    i hate facing players in Dr Who too, timewasting timelords

Comment of the day!
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Hopefully Fifa 20 has a objective tournament mode

Win 3 games in row with specific requirement and you get the reward or something.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Hopefully Fifa 20 has a objective tournament mode

Win 3 games in row with specific requirement and you get the reward or something.

It won't solve anything, people will still complain.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional

LMAO.

It is what it is.

Absolutely, but what good does it do? You’re not going to stop people playing 1 depth, they watch the pros and follow suit.

It’s not all toxic behaviour, some people just want to win, and win at all costs. Some (like me) just don’t really care about the objectives. I’m not going to bust my gut over a card...if it comes naturally then it’s a bonus, but if not, it just doesn’t matter.

I get you, man. Fair point.
    I got what I need for the objective even though I was losing. So not really complaining about the results.
    Just can't stand the winning at all cost type.
  • Knowlesdinho

LMAO.

It is what it is.

I get you, man. Fair point.
    I got what I need for the objective even though I was losing. So not really complaining about the results.
    Just can't stand the winning at all cost type.

Hope you get the results you need. GL
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2019

That is not the right comparison... Let me give more related comparison...

When it was sure utd won’t make top 4... What line up did utd use?

When it was sure that barca or any other team how did they line up?

Even irl, the team is not bothered to win but try out players and play good...

Even though real football can’t be compared to this mess...That would be more related comparison