Any Prime Maldini Reviews?

DanValletta
1555 posts Play-Off Hero
I want a new CB to partner POTY VVD. I so;d Militao because in some games he wasn't strong enough in the tackle and would lose it. It wasn't a common thing but It was something that annoyed me.

I'm now using flashback luiz with tradeable telles.

I have red mendy who I can use but I don't want to use PIM Blanc to get the chem.

I can't afford PIM Maldini but I'm wandering how the prime is? The stats between them both look negligible.

Comments

• LahmChops
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    PIM Mladini is the best defender in the gane IMO
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2019
    What about PIM Cannavaro. His really awesome. Intercept everything and outjump most, eventhou his is small.
  • Professor
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    I have the PIM and he is very good. Intercepts everything and has the cleanest tackle in the game. I personally didnt like the pairing of VVD and Maldini. I have Maldini and Ramos now they compliment each other very well
  • johnlaker62
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have used Maldini for 300 games. He is amazing. He always comes away with the ball. I didn’t believe in hidden icon stats/traits until I used him. While toty Van Dijk and Ramos ( who I have paired with him in the past) have much higher passing and ball control stats, I found Maldini to be just as good, if not better in both of those areas despite his low stats.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crysister wrote: »
    What about PIM Cannavaro. His really awesome. Intercept everything and outjump most, eventhou his is small.

I have heard a few people say that about PIM Cannavaro. I don't know If I can get past his lack of height mentally. If he loses a header I'll start detesting him.
  • RebelRob
    7268 posts Big Money Move
    Maldini is excellent. The only downside for me is he seems to be a penalty magnet. He will get the ball no matter what, but he seems to go through them to get it no matter what and can wipe most people out 😂
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Maldini is excellent. The only downside for me is he seems to be a penalty magnet. He will get the ball no matter what, but he seems to go through them to get it no matter what and can wipe most people out 😂

Sounds just like Nesta
  • Diem
    1057 posts Professional
    edited July 2019
    14 TOTWs.. ouch

NM, that's the PIM...

How does the Prime compare to the PIM?
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diem wrote: »
    14 TOTWs.. ouch

NM, that's the PIM...

This Sir, Is the million dollar question.
  • Diem
    1057 posts Professional
    14 TOTWs.. ouch

NM, that's the PIM...

This Sir, Is the million dollar question.

Haha, yes, memory failure.

10 What's the difference?
    20 GOTO 10

😁
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    14 TOTWs.. ouch

NM, that's the PIM...

Looking at the stats he is basically the same card with like 10 less ingame stats in total..
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    bberger wrote: »
    14 TOTWs.. ouch

NM, that's the PIM...

Looking at the stats he is basically the same card with like 10 less ingame stats in total..

Don't know if it counts but I had Prime Maldini in FIFA 18 paired with TOTS Ramos/Prime Rio and Maldini was far better than either!
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    bberger wrote: »
    14 TOTWs.. ouch

NM, that's the PIM...

Don't know if it counts but I had Prime Maldini in FIFA 18 paired with TOTS Ramos/Prime Rio and Maldini was far better than either!

The only reason it wouldn't be the same is because on this game it doesn't seem to matter if your tackling stat is 300. You will still lose out.
  • Diggy
    15693 posts World Class
    I play him at RB cause I want full icon team he’s class there too
  • LahmChops
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2019
    Diggy wrote: »
    I play him at RB cause I want full icon team he’s class there too

Ronaldo at CDM too?
  • Diggy
    15693 posts World Class
    LahmChops wrote: »