not buying fifa 20 unless career mode is improved

ajkler9
0 posts Ball Boy
career mode sucked more and more, some people dont only care about stories such as alex hunters, some people do not want to play just 3 seasons of story, i for one really like making my dream come true virtually and build my player up from scratch and place him in my favorite team and win trophies with them on the highest dificulty, career mode has tons of miscalculations with the achievement system and many errors that keep ocurring, if career mode is not improved i am not even considering buying fifa 20,even with voltra, whos with me?

Comments

• p0larh4wk
    79 posts Park Captain
    as a career mode player i have made a promise to myself not to buy anything from ea until they improve career mode. sadly my guess is, that this this means im never buying an ea game again as the devs obviously don't give a damn about career mode. people say its because they cant make money of it, but thats bull... they could easily make money from career mode by offering additional leagues as a dlc for a low price. you could add lower league from already existing leagues or completely new leagues from new interesting countries... but they just cant be bothered. cause the devs are lazy and ea just doesn't care
  • Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    I need my football fix from time to time. I only play career mode, but it really is lacking at the moment. So many things wrong and not enough right. I do feel I play it less year after year because of that.

The Journey didn't make them money, but it did in a way as it gravitated more people to play the game. It's hard to market career mode as of right now because it's so flawed and outdated,
  • JohnMoore
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    This NEEDS improving... its too bad, even considering going back to PES but they've gone even more downhill from 2013, but thats the thing there isn't any competition for them in regard to career mode/ML so they don't see a need to improve. But p0larh4wk , great idea I would love something like this to be implemented.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2421 posts Fans' Favourite
    The problem is it's so far behind if they do decide improve it, it still won't be enough to satisfy me..
  • When I want to play soccer, I stick to FIFA 16. Tried the 10 hour free trial and the player career was horrid.
  • I've been buying fifa since 1997. Every year on the day the game came out. Normally I cycled to the city and I queued with others at the checkout. In recent years I have downloaded the game from the psstore. I have played the 10 hour access version. I have never played FUT because i don't care about it. The same as EA don't care about career mode. I only play a career mode. I expect a career to play with my favorite team in the new season. So with the players who were purchased in the summer. Now it appears that last season's players are still in it and that the opponent is playing with a B team. It was even too much work to update the Champions league groups ...

So in fact I play fifa 20 with the selections and groups of 19 with a few press moments added.

EA is only concerned about money they generate from FUT....
  • Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gunner1987 wrote: »
    I've been buying fifa since 1997. Every year on the day the game came out. Normally I cycled to the city and I queued with others at the checkout. In recent years I have downloaded the game from the psstore. I have played the 10 hour access version. I have never played FUT because i don't care about it. The same as EA don't care about career mode. I only play a career mode. I expect a career to play with my favorite team in the new season. So with the players who were purchased in the summer. Now it appears that last season's players are still in it and that the opponent is playing with a B team. It was even too much work to update the Champions league groups ...

So in fact I play fifa 20 with the selections and groups of 19 with a few press moments added.

There is a day 1 patch coming out for this so will be rectified .not sure about player career but manager has a hole new interface.
    And features. It’s a start there’s loads can improve on so shall see for next year now how it goes
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    Gunner1987 wrote: »
    I've been buying fifa since 1997. Every year on the day the game came out. Normally I cycled to the city and I queued with others at the checkout. In recent years I have downloaded the game from the psstore. I have played the 10 hour access version. I have never played FUT because i don't care about it. The same as EA don't care about career mode. I only play a career mode. I expect a career to play with my favorite team in the new season. So with the players who were purchased in the summer. Now it appears that last season's players are still in it and that the opponent is playing with a B team. It was even too much work to update the Champions league groups ...

Have to agree with this. I do play both and my son mostly plays career. It would be very hard for me to give EA a single cent on a new title seeing what they have done to career mode for FIFA.

• Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    I'm just looking forward to Fifa 21 with the launch of new consoles. PS5 is probably the biggest enhancements we'll have seen going from one generation to the next. PS3 to PS4 was not that big of a difference, but this is on another level.

This is the first year they've actually added in some good features to career mode, and there's big changes coming according to the senior career mode dev. They'll most likely build on the features added in this year, as well as some brand new ones.

Though nothing excuses what we're all feeling a few days before release of Fifa 20, hoping there's a patch to fix the issues. I'm going to have to wait until they drop a patch. Shame really because I'm really looking forward to buying it on Friday.
  • JazzIsName
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    I'm just looking forward to Fifa 21 with the launch of new consoles. PS5 is probably the biggest enhancements we'll have seen going from one generation to the next. PS3 to PS4 was not that big of a difference, but this is on another level.

This is the first year they've actually added in some good features to career mode, and there's big changes coming according to the senior career mode dev. They'll most likely build on the features added in this year, as well as some brand new ones.

Though nothing excuses what we're all feeling a few days before release of Fifa 20, hoping there's a patch to fix the issues. I'm going to have to wait until they drop a patch. Shame really because I'm really looking forward to buying it on Friday.

I predict a squad update and that will be your lot. They won't fix the starting XI and I'd be surprised if they fix the broken player editing. I think the starting XI problem is here to stay.