Switching platforms

selb
6120 posts Big Money Move
Anybody switched platforms? I've just brought myself a PS4 Pro, mainly to play FIFA but there are so many exclusives that I wanna play too.

How does FIFA on PS4, in general, compare to Xbox?

Comments

• ScorePlayer
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 9
    It’s mostly the same but PS4 has most players I think. My brother has Fifa(18) on Xbox and when I tried, couldn’t immediately see big differences.
  • selb
    It’s mostly the same but PS4 has most players I think. My brother has Fifa(18) on Xbox and when I tried, couldn’t immediately see big differences.

I'm not expecting massive differences, obviously gameplay and graphics are going to very similar if not the same, was mainly wondering how people dealt with switching over, any major problems going from Xbox to PS, how they found the controller to use
  • mdizzl3
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    Mostly the same other than the controller
  • selb
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

Just a much bigger player base then?
  • AlbinoXI
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    selb wrote: »

If you trade there’s more money to had on ps4
  • selb
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

If you trade there’s more money to had on ps4

I do love to trade, was pretty good on Xbox so let's hope I don't lose my touch then
  • bberger
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 9

I'm not expecting massive differences, obviously gameplay and graphics are going to very similar if not the same, was mainly wondering how people dealt with switching over, any major problems going from Xbox to PS, how they found the controller to use

Went the same route last year.

The controller takes time getting used to. Couldn't handle it for the first few weeks and got an asymetric Hori Onyx controller (DO NOT BUT THIS. IT'S A SHAMEFUL PLASTIC TOY). Get a Nacon Revolution if you need an asymmetric layout. Comparable in build quality to the Xb1 Elite controller. That Hori crap doesn't even hold up against a multiple wall smashed xb1 standard cintroller.. it's that bad..

I then quit FIFA for a few months and when I came back the controller felt as natural as they come. Don't know why, but my brain needed that break to "unlearn" the new layout..

Now that you're at PS4 we need @RayS to move over to the dark side ;) It's at least a Japanese product, can't be thay hard to convince him? :D

And yeah, the market is huge compared to Xbox. But also more volatile I'd say..
  • WarrenBarton
    7072 posts Big Money Move
    You get less rage messages on PS4, other than that 🤷‍♂️

• selb
    bberger wrote: »

The controller takes time getting used to. Couldn't handle it for the first few weeks and got an asymetric Hori Onyx controller (DO NOT BUT THIS. IT'S A SHAMEFUL PLASTIC TOY). Get a Nacon Revolution if you need an asymmetric layout. Comparable in build quality to the Xb1 Elite controller. That Hori crap doesn't even hold up against a multiple wall smashed xb1 standard cintroller.. it's that bad..

I then quit FIFA for a few months and when I came back the controller felt as natural as they come. Don't know why, but my brain needed that break to "unlearn" the new layout..

Now that you're at PS4 we need @RayS to move over to the dark side ;) It's at least a Japanese product, can't be thay hard to convince him? :D

Cheers mate, I'd actually forgotten that youd moved over, the only thing I worry about is the controller aspect, as far as I remember the PS controllers were tiny compared to Xbox, I've got awhile to get used to it though so I'll just see how it goes.

I don't think it'd be too difficult to convince @RayS, we can but try.
  • selb

Tbh I has messages turned off until recently so I don't have that much experience with them at all, I do find some of the messages I get now quite amusing though, I just think of a tiny Donald Trump throwing a tantrum 😂
  • WarrenBarton

Cheers mate, I'd actually forgotten that youd moved over, the only thing I worry about is the controller aspect, as far as I remember the PS controllers were tiny compared to Xbox, I've got awhile to get used to it though so I'll just see how it goes.

PlayStation is made by a Japanese company and Fifa 20 comes with a free Nakata only on PS4 😉
  • WarrenBarton

Tbh I has messages turned off until recently so I don't have that much experience with them at all, I do find some of the messages I get now quite amusing though, I just think of a tiny Donald Trump throwing a tantrum 😂

Just wait til you get a whootie bot 🤤
  • selb

Just wait til you get a whootie bot 🤤

Yes mate, definitely clicking on that link when it comes
  • RayS
    25107 posts Player of the Year

PlayStation is made by a Japanese company and Fifa 20 comes with a free Nakata only on PS4 😉

I've thrown my Xbox out the window!!
  • selb
    RayS wrote: »

I've thrown my Xbox out the window!!

I hope you planned on buying a PS4 before you did that 😂