Gameplay Responsiveness Efforts - July 2019

EA_Andy
2910 posts EA Community Manager
pe13k4dh47tg.png

We've just released a new pitch notes article detailing some changes we've made around gameplay responsiveness.

You can check out the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts you have in this thread.

Comments

• Bouboe112
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Please keep these efforts going into fifa 20 ea. Responsive gameplay is ultimately what makes or breaks the game. Im hopefull. Please dont dissapoint!
  • bberger
    4610 posts National Call-Up
    Please keep these efforts going into fifa 20 ea. Responsive gameplay is ultimately what makes or breaks the game. Im hopefull. Please dont dissapoint!

• CharlieC
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    Anything like this is a step forward even if it doesn’t work, we just need to see it being addressed.
  • First of all. It's nice to see that the issue is being looked into.
    Since I use a router that is able to block "bad" servers, I experienced better gameplay (inconsistency is still a thing thou). In that list of blocked servers I observed a pattern, all the servers finishing by ...757a are those where I experienced bad gameplay. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe not.
    First game post patch that I had was terrible. Guess what ... yes, a ...757a server.

Attached you can check my list. Just to note that the servers marked as GOOD I never experienced bad gameplay (or at least had playable GP).

Hope it can help solving this issue.
    Cheers

Screenshot-2019-07-10-at-19-01-42.jpg
  • bberger
    @EA_Andy looking through the forums I think it is neccesarry to further educate on the cause + effects the patch brings with it.

I have a technical (coding/networking/gaming industry) background so I can assume the benefits and the drawbacks of the changes.

But lots of people here are struggling to understand why they now have speedup lag where they didn't have it before..

For me it's logical as I understand netcode programming and am a professional dev, but for the casual user it's gotten from bad (sluggish, unresponsive gameplay) to worse (speedup lag), while it's actually a better and more desireable thing in general (as someone can actually fix the networking prequesites at home) instead of being on the mercy of the synchronizing/buffering end of the netcode..
  • Deeman
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Not surprisingly the update on the game has made it worse if that is even possible. Even slower than before worse RESPONSIVNESS, hats off genius tech team well done πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Fifa 20 you're 'avin a laugh πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£
  • Alemas_2012
    14470 posts Has That Special Something
    Can't help but think "too little, too late" for FIFA 19.
  • HaemonMH
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I actually felt that there was a positive difference after the patch. Game felt more responsive than normal. I mean, there are still crazy things happening, but at least it felt like I could control my players. I had high hopes for the weekend. But... Just played two matches and the game is back to "normal". Passes going opposite direction, players "pulling" in the wrong direction, slow turns, missing open shots.

I think I just lost hope... Been playing FIFA since '98, but seriously considering skipping the next FIFA for the first time since then. So frustrating!
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Change had two effects for me. It seems like my input improved, but the game is more jerky. It is like the buffer is about 5 ms behind. It gives it an effect of the camera sort of vibrating subtlety. Not sure if this is better. It definitely is not worse though. We will see after weekend league.
  • bberger
    While it is definitely better for me, WL is still unplayable.

It's just that instead of a nightmare it's just a horror story .
  • Icekal
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Ever since the update my fifa 19 cannot connect to ea servers! I play sbcs and I'm losing out on the fut swap players. Ea advisors have no clue what the cause is and are blaming the isp yet all my other ps4 games work like normal. I would like get this update removed.... How can I do that?