New Patch - Responsiveness

shepj6
471 posts Sunday League Hero
Just had an in-game message about a new patch so jumped out and am now downloading it (origin - 638mb). Can't see any patch or pitch notes (I'm sure the in-game notification referred to new pitch notes). Anyone seen them?

Comments

• Salvatori
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Wow, yeah as usual they do a terrible job of communicating but it seems it is a fairly big patch.....

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-pitch-notes-july-update

It wont work, obviously, but at least it seems a patch dedicated to trying to fix delay, rather than you know, adjusting the hue on the blue signs at Goodison......
  • joehuk
    3220 posts National Call-Up
    Just downloaded as I'm on the PC :)

I will test some games later tbh i can already say it will be no difference but eh we'll see
  • shepj6
    Thanks. Will try a couple of rivals games tonight and see if it makes a difference.
  • futaddikt
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lmfao what a slap in the face by EA. This company man
  • shepj6
    futaddikt wrote: »

Don't understand the negativity on this, yes there's lots wrong at the moment but at least this is something they are trying to address. Lets see....
  • Bags
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect

what exactly do you want?
  • starfox1284
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bags wrote: »

He is probably upset that it took until july to come out with a patch.
  • Mizzle
    568 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mine hadn't come up with any updates
  • Bags
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect

I am assuming they are trying to fix it for fifa 20 too. I hate sounding like a EA fanboi but they do seem to be trying - and considering their lack these last few years, that can only be a good thing right?
  • Salvatori
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Dont bite on that troll, just check his post history

Also @Mizzle its only out on PC for now, PS4 usually a day or two behind i think
  • Mizzle
    568 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Salvatori wrote: »

Also @Mizzle its only out on PC for now, PS4 usually a day or two behind i think

Ah thanks for clearing that up mate
  • Gnomenclature
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting. This is the closes ea has ever come to admitting issues with "responsiveness".

Hoping this fixes button delay...
  • PiotrLolo
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 9
    shepj6 wrote: »
    Just had an in-game message about a new patch so jumped out and am now downloading it (origin - 638mb). Can't see any patch or pitch notes (I'm sure the in-game notification referred to new pitch notes). Anyone seen them?

When you open the game you get an info what they changed. At least what they say that they changed. In FUT: nothing relevant. Only something about streaming post match things lol.
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something
    Well at least their trying

wonder if they will ever try to deal with the core problem overpowered AI defending keeping the skill gap close
  • what3v3r
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It looks like they will use the end of the game cycle as an experiment. From a engineering point of view I don't this this patch will change much as the nature of the problem is different, it is on EA servers, but let's see
  • starfox1284
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero

I am assuming they are trying to fix it for fifa 20 too. I hate sounding like a EA fanboi but they do seem to be trying - and considering their lack these last few years, that can only be a good thing right?

I am not upset about it but they should have tried in Fifa 18 when the same problems persisted in that game.
  • Pads89
    84 posts Park Captain
    Some hope at last. Anyone on PC had a chance to test yet?
  • HyperOCD
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Salvatori wrote: »

a week at least or even later
  • shepj6
    Pads89 wrote: »

Played 5 rivals games won 4, didn’t notice a great deal of difference still felt heavy at times, however it’s not often I win 4 out of 5 games in div 1, so perhaps something was slightly better at my end (uk based), prob not though.
  • zeultuturor
    567 posts An Exciting Prospect

Played 5 rivals games won 4, didn’t notice a great deal of difference still felt heavy at times, however it’s not often I win 4 out of 5 games in div 1, so perhaps something was slightly better at my end (uk based), prob not though.

the patch is not about the gameplay. it's about delay. did you expect the game to be smooth? the only thing that can be better is the time between pressing the button and the command happening. your players won't learn how to touch a ball or something, that's not what they tried to address. if you wanna give your input, read what the patch does at least...
  • shepj6
    edited July 9

the patch is not about the gameplay. it's about delay. did you expect the game to be smooth? the only thing that can be better is the time between pressing the button and the command happening. your players won't learn how to touch a ball or something, that's not what they tried to address. if you wanna give your input, read what the patch does at least...

What exactly do you think I was referring to when I said it still felt heavy at times, i.e players slow to turn, that to me is still unresponsive. I’ve read the patch notes (I made the original post asking where the patch notes were).
  • zeultuturor
    567 posts An Exciting Prospect

What exactly do you think I was referring to when I said it still felt heavy at times, i.e players slow to turn, that to me is still unresponsive. I’ve read the patch notes (I made the original post asking where the patch notes were).

players turning slowly has nothing to do with responsiveness. if he starts turning on time but he is slow, it's not a server problem. "feeling heavy" doesn't mean he starts turning late, it means that it takes a lot of time to turn once he started turning. if you read it then maybe it's your comprehension, or even worse choice of words. i doubt anyone that actually knows what he talks about uses heavy gameplay as a clue for bad connection, that's solely bad gameplay
  • IxToMxI
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    Interesting. This is the closes ea has ever come to admitting issues with "responsiveness".

They admitted long time ago and stated they are working on it, data centres and addressing servers whilst they are never taken down is a huge piece of work.

I think EA are doing a lot to generally make the game better everyone is just to quick to constantly slam them, I admit they’ve had years of silence and no answers but the fact they are trying to address things and communicating them are steps in the direction every one wants
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 9
    IxToMxI wrote: »

They admitted long time ago and stated they are working on it, data centres and addressing servers whilst they are never taken down is a huge piece of work.

I think EA are doing a lot to generally make the game better everyone is just to quick to constantly slam them, I admit they’ve had years of silence and no answers but the fact they are trying to address things and communicating them are steps in the direction every one wants

It's all good them saying they're going to do things but let's wait and see what the results are before giving any praise.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 9

They went dead silent for months.. the fact alone that this has been going on for multiple years now is bad.

But at least they are doing something. Just wished they showed more care and awareness..

But they have to address it.
  • Gnomenclature
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite

Maybe so, but it wouldn't kill them to give us biweekly updates about these issues... what they're doing, planning on doing, etc. Any sort of communication would be greatly appreciated by the community - it would also, perhaps, alleviate some of the animosity that a lot of us have for ea...

I for one would have a lot more respect for this company if they took a bit more responsibility in the community outreach department. No one likes being left in the dark...
  • kcichris
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    played 3 games today and didn't feel anything different
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move

Maybe so, but it wouldn't kill them to give us biweekly updates about these issues... what they're doing, planning on doing, etc. Any sort of communication would be greatly appreciated by the community - it would also, perhaps, alleviate some of the animosity that a lot of us have for ea...

I for one would have a lot more respect for this company if they took a bit more responsibility in the community outreach department. No one likes being left in the dark...

Exactly this. Their non-communication is one of the factors that has gotten them into being one of the most disliked brands..

They basically breed community outrage themselves..

That and the treatment in general (being completely intransparent, always trying to hide things etc..)
  • ijsbeerrr
    50 posts Last Pick at the Park
    kcichris wrote: »
    played 3 games today and didn't feel anything different

obviously,#1 here who is up next? and dont lie please.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    Any more feedback on whether its actually made a difference?

As far as I know this is the third responsiveness change, the last 2 did nothing, so I'm not hopeful of this making a difference but who knows.