This is more than 100% not offside. Please watch this 17 sec video and tell me.

Biabia
260 posts Sunday League Hero
edited July 8
As I already said in my other thread, I had 13 wins out of 17 matches. And I lose 12 in a row the next matches and won the 13th games which is the last game. And I had 14 won, I could have easily won 20 matches if this is game is not BS. Some BS always happened in 80% of those 13 matches I played. But I only recorded one of them. Please Watch the video and tell me if it's offside. They gave me offside and I lose in the penalty shootout.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WFVgdotxlOs&feature=youtu.be

Comments

  • Beakerb
    61 posts Park Captain
    You were in an offside position when the shot was taken. The deflection does not constitute a back pass, so you were in an offside position when you received the ball.
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 9
    Beakerb wrote: »
    You were in an offside position when the shot was taken. The deflection does not constitute a back pass, so you were in an offside position when you received the ball.
    Technically the rule states if a defender makes a play on the ball..the player in the offside position is not offsides. In fifa that rule is not implemented though.

    In real life...that would be a goal


    “The new rule changes this situation as the attacking player in an offside position when the ball was kicked by a teammate who gets a rebounded or deflected ball after it was deliberately played by the opponent (except from a deliberate save), is no longer offside and is not considered to have gained an advantage.”
  • pudgyfudgy
    5531 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 10
    “deliberately played by the opponent”

    Deflections don’t count.

    There was a Liverpool match a couple of seasons ago in which this rule came into contention. A cross came into the box and a Liverpool player headed it in from an offside position. The ball struck an opponent’s head before reaching the Liverpool player, and the referee deemed it as an intentional header rather than a deflection, therefore the goal was given.

    Replays also confirmed that the decision was correct, as the opponent was deliberately trying to head the ball away, but misdirected it to the Liverpool player.
  • Beakerb
    61 posts Park Captain
    Also you are thinking EA can do the offsides rule correctly. I can't count how many times i've had Offsides called against me in my own half.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Remember you need two opposing players in front of you for it to be onside. If the keeper goes beyond the offside line then this means TWO opposing outfield players must be between ball and goal for it to be onside. If only one opposing player is there, then it's offside. FIFA has offside bang on matey
  • Lizardo
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    THAT IS MORE THAN 1000% OFFSIDE.
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    tezmacfifa wrote: »
    Remember you need two opposing players in front of you for it to be onside. If the keeper goes beyond the offside line then this means TWO opposing outfield players must be between ball and goal for it to be onside. If only one opposing player is there, then it's offside. FIFA has offside bang on matey

    Spot on and well explained.

    OP needs to learn the laws of the game.
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    “deliberately played by the opponent”

    Deflections don’t count.

    There was a Liverpool match a couple of seasons ago in which this rule came into contention. A cross came into the box and a Liverpool player headed it in from an offside position. The ball struck an opponent’s head before reaching the Liverpool player, and the referee deemed it as an intentional header rather than a deflection, therefore the goal was given.

    Replays also confirmed that the decision was correct, as the opponent was deliberately trying to head the ball away, but misdirected it to the Liverpool player.

    Except rebounds and deflections do count...

    If you are running down the line and cross the ball in...and I stick my foot out to block the cross( I’ve deliberately played the ball) and it deflects to an offside player..he is not offsides.
  • Lizardo
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 20
    You're right... My bad...

    da37c9699f87123dc69fdd3394311726.jpg
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 20
    The defender Made a deliberate play on the ball....and it deflected to the opponent that nullified the offsides.
    It’s not hard to understand


    “offside position when the ball was kicked by a teammate who gets a rebounded or deflected ball after it was deliberately played by the opponent
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    The defender Made a deliberate play on the ball....and it deflected to the opponent that nullified the offsides.
    It’s not hard to understand


    “offside position when the ball was kicked by a teammate who gets a rebounded or deflected ball after it was deliberately played by the opponent

    You're missing the point.

    To be onside you need there to be at least two players beyond you or level with you when the ball is played forwards.

    Law 11 - A player is in an offside position if: any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents' half (excluding the halfway line) and. any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.

    Usually one opposition player is the goalkeeper in his goal and the other is the deepest defender you are being careful not to run ahead of before the ball is played.

    In this situation the goalkeeper is not the deepest player so unusually to be onside you need two defenders ahead of you when the ball is played. As you can see in the still image above only one opposition player is ahead of the attacker hence he is offside.

    It has nothing to do with rebounds or deflections. It is 100% offside and probably one of the few things this awful game has got right.
  • Alex_cr
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Beakerb wrote: »
    Also you are thinking EA can do the offsides rule correctly. I can't count how many times i've had Offsides called against me in my own half.

    What you’ve had here is your player running from back into your half from an offside position. Free kick is now taken from position player receives the ball as opposed to old rules where it was where player had been offside
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m not missing the point
    The rule changed a few years ago

    “Therefore, the officials must decide whether the defender deliberately played the ball or whether it deflected or rebounded from him or her. Factors to consider in making this determination include whether the defender moved a body part toward the ball, the distance of the defender from the ball when it was played and whether the ball is expected by the defender. Yet the attacker in an offside position (when the ball was originally played) receiving the ball from a goalkeeper or a defender from a deliberate save is still offside.”


    “• An attacker dribbling up the touchline crosses the ball toward another attacker, in an offside position 30 yards away. Between those players was a defender who stuck out his foot. The ball rebounded off his foot to the other attacker. The AR raised his flag but I overruled him as that attacker scored. Yes, I heard it from the opposing coach but I explained that offside could not be called as the defender deliberately played the ball.”

    Again if you make a play on the ball..sticking a leg out—moving toward the ball etc
    The offsides is nullified
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    I’m not missing the point
    The rule changed a few years ago

    “Therefore, the officials must decide whether the defender deliberately played the ball or whether it deflected or rebounded from him or her. Factors to consider in making this determination include whether the defender moved a body part toward the ball, the distance of the defender from the ball when it was played and whether the ball is expected by the defender. Yet the attacker in an offside position (when the ball was originally played) receiving the ball from a goalkeeper or a defender from a deliberate save is still offside.”


    “• An attacker dribbling up the touchline crosses the ball toward another attacker, in an offside position 30 yards away. Between those players was a defender who stuck out his foot. The ball rebounded off his foot to the other attacker. The AR raised his flag but I overruled him as that attacker scored. Yes, I heard it from the opposing coach but I explained that offside could not be called as the defender deliberately played the ball.”

    Again if you make a play on the ball..sticking a leg out—moving toward the ball etc
    The offsides is nullified

    Nah that is definitely still offside, deliberately playing the ball means a deliberate pass
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No it doesn’t..it happen in the women’s World Cup...girl jumped and ball hit off her head and went to the offside player...

    Read the example
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 22


    1:30 in

    Player miss kicked the ball and it went to the offside player and he scored..

    Idk how you are not understanding the rule
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect


    Another
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect


    Again
    If the defender makes a play on the ball
    The player in the offside position did not gain an advantage.

    This is the rule — law whatever you wanna call it— you can score goals from these positions and they will count
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    edited July 23
    Fifapayne wrote: »


    That is onside when the pass is played, the deflection has nothing to do with it. They even slowed the replay down to check that exact moment.

    Are you being deliberately obstinate?
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    Fifapayne wrote: »


    Again
    If the defender makes a play on the ball
    The player in the offside position did not gain an advantage.

    This is the rule — law whatever you wanna call it— you can score goals from these positions and they will count

    That I would say is a deliberate play of the ball, not just a simple deflection.

    A big distinction is the distance the ball travels before the defender makes contact. Blocking a cross or pass close to when it is played - deflection.
    Trying to intercept a cross field ball thag has traveled 20 yards - deliberate play.
  • frankibo
    75 posts Park Captain
    Fifapayne wrote: »


    1:30 in

    Player miss kicked the ball and it went to the offside player and he scored..

    Idk how you are not understanding the rule

    That is harsh to call that a deliberate play of the ball
Sign In or Register to comment.