Oh yh slow me down let him win. We love it. That instant slow creeping flow.

Theomanny
1502 posts Play-Off Hero
edited July 7
I love it when the game grinds to a slug just to let him back in a match

Whatever was put or coded in the game this year that drastically slow u down all of a sudden has no place in competitive gaming.

It shouldn’t be in the game ea. It is a shameful way of interfering between 2 people. You are just basically abusing their intelligence.

Leave 2 opponents alone let them battle it out. Wth.

Comments

• 3MenandaBebe
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    I played 9 games tonight. Won 7, lost 2

In the 2 losses, both games I conceded an own goal for no reason and a rebound goal. 1 was a cross that de gea pushed into the goal. Just makes no sense

Not to mention slow game play.
  • Theomanny
    1502 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why does my gameplay need to slow down as soon as my opponent turn on pressure tactics. Its insane how t just flips and u cant do **** anymore.

I dont care if hes running 100mph, let me **** be in the game while he runs around like a mad dog.
  • GK93
    369 posts An Exciting Prospect
    About to post something similar, button lag is well and truly back tonight, pressed shoot, player stood still, whipped his phone out, did his online shopping, got tackled, then it registered the shot, did a standing tackle, took out the defender, got booked. Lovely EA, really lovely.
  • Gnomenclature
    2497 posts Fans' Favourite
    GK93 wrote: »
    About to post something similar, button lag is well and truly back tonight, pressed shoot, player stood still, whipped his phone out, did his online shopping, got tackled, then it registered the shot, did a standing tackle, took out the defender, got booked. Lovely EA, really lovely.

Just happened to me. Dude is standing in front of an open net... I'm spamming the shoot button and nothing happens... defender finally catches up and tackles the ball - shooting animation then triggers well after the ball is gone.

Would have been the winning goal in stoppage time - however, the game decided I needed a 4th consecutive draw so I don't finish coman...
  • Duncan1972
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    What do you expect with a game where even the menus are unresponsive?

Guys- it won’t change.

Do not buy Fifa 20.

Says it all that at the very best it’s down to lack of reinvestment of billions of profit into the games infrastructure.

At worst it’s deliberate.

Neither is good.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    Duncan1972 wrote: »

Guys- it won’t change.

Do not buy Fifa 20.

Says it all that at the very best it’s down to lack of reinvestment of billions of profit into the games infrastructure.

Neither is good.

Good point about the menus. You know when you try and move your players about in the custom tactics ? And you need to try about 1037737173784 times to get it on the right player ... that’s what changing player in game is like. It’s absolutely horrific 😂
  • bberger
    5123 posts Big Money Move

Guys- it won’t change.

Do not buy Fifa 20.

Neither is good.

Spot on.
  • Nothing more worrying than being 2-0 up and feeling your opponents team "come to life"
  • Tasch
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Surprise mechanics all over, motivating you to play more... If a game drives you crazy, why would you play more? I had my share of BS this WL, 27 shots 18 on target one game, loose to a guy with 2 shots 1 on target. Really motivating, well, at least for the other feller that just created his club. The only picture I have in my head loosing this type of games, is that ‘surprise mechanics woman’ on Twitter, trying poorly to convince the world that EA is a wonderful and giving company. Isn’t fraud criminal? Just asking...
  • mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 8
    Tasch wrote: »
    Surprise mechanics all over, motivating you to play more... If a game drives you crazy, why would you play more? I had my share of BS this WL, 27 shots 18 on target one game, loose to a guy with 2 shots 1 on target. Really motivating, well, at least for the other feller that just created his club. The only picture I have in my head loosing this type of games, is that ‘surprise mechanics woman’ on Twitter, trying poorly to convince the world that EA is a wonderful and giving company. Isn’t fraud criminal? Just asking...

This game is a fraud. It´s impossible that suddenly your players hit the post every match, they can´t pass or tackle, your keeper makes stupid things. And it´s not that one of them, all of them in the same match. And then, magically, they become gods again and pass the ball properly, every shot is a goal, your opponent seems to be playing with a bronze team. This game should be labeled for children between 3 and 7 years old.
  • madwullie
    4116 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 8

Its almost like this is the obvious argument everyone is missing when trying to apportion blame for the (insert blatantly exaggerated number here) times R94 hit the post last game to dda.

And btw "surprise mechanics" is what they term packs and the opening of them. It is not how they refer to anything else in the game.
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Theomanny wrote: »
    I love it when the game grinds to a slug just to let him back in a match

Whatever was put or coded in the game this year that drastically slow u down all of a sudden has no place in competitive gaming.

It shouldn’t be in the game ea. It is a shameful way of interfering between 2 people. You are just basically abusing their intelligence.

Leave 2 opponents alone let them battle it out. Wth.

I would make sense to slog down, when playing Bronze or Silver player, but not gold player...
    So EA, lets have a Restricted Rival with rules and an Non-Restricted.
    Restricted have 70-rated, 75-rated, 80-rated etc or Bronze/Silver only (incl. No Gold Bench).
  • Tasch
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    madwullie wrote: »

Its almost like this is the obvious argument everyone is missing when trying to apportion blame for the (insert blatantly exaggerated number here) times R94 hit the post last game to dda.

And btw "surprise mechanics" is what they term packs and the opening of them. It is not how they refer to anything else in the game.

Yeah, I know about the Kinder egg comparison to pack opening, it just seems like the game surprises you every time you play..

• Knowlesdinho
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    I played 9 games tonight. Won 7, lost 2

In the 2 losses, both games I conceded an own goal for no reason and a rebound goal. 1 was a cross that de gea pushed into the goal. Just makes no sense

Not to mention slow game play.

But the 7 you won were all deserved and due to your skill?
  • madwullie
    4116 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »

Yeah, I know about the Kinder egg comparison to pack opening, it just seems like the game surprises you every time you play..

No worries mate
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    SinkXI wrote: »

Guys- it won’t change.

Do not buy Fifa 20.

Neither is good.

Good point about the menus. You know when you try and move your players about in the custom tactics ? And you need to try about 1037737173784 times to get it on the right player ... that’s what changing player in game is like. It’s absolutely horrific 😂

This is annoying but I've discovered that all you need to do is save the team and then edit it again and it clears the glitch. That said, they should fix the bloody thing because its a simple one surely. I don't hold out much hope as they haven't fixed the thing at halftime where it highlights a players performance but shows the wrong player!
  • Bananakick
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im too lazy and didn't know how to take a video, but the goals I've conceded have been absolutely ridiculous. I can understand the la Croc el tornado 1st time shot goals since they are clear abuse of game mechanics, those rebound goals are just simply non sensical.
  • BernaLeo87
    344 posts Sunday League Hero

Guys- it won’t change.

Do not buy Fifa 20.

Neither is good.

• ijsbeerrr
    50 posts Last Pick at the Park
    its not only the menu's actually,1 vs 1 in many situations the screen ''freezes ''for about 1,2 seconds
  • Springveldt
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 8
    At this point in time it's obvious they either don't know how to fix or don't want to fix it. It's been happening for at least 2 years now, if not more.

Simple solution is just do not buy 20 at release, wait until the hardcore and addicted have played a few WL's to get a true feel for the game. It doesn't matter if you "fall behind" in building your team, it's not like you are actually got to get your ultimate team by the end of the game unless you pump a shed load of money into the game or finishe T100 every week.