Why VVD isn't performing well for me?

Ma7mooodHD
735 posts Semi-Pro
Hello

This guy is the best defender i've ever faced in my fifa career he's getting MOTM against me countless times without scoring a goal or making an assist. I tried multiple cards of him and he's so bad. I bought his TOTS card and he cost me a loss in his first match. Here is his stats vs my SBC Ramos:

Rating:
- VVD: 6.9
- Ramos: 8.1

Tackling
- VVD: 0/1
- Ramos: 5/0

Interceptions/Blocks
- VVD: 2/0
- Ramos: 5/0

Possession Won/Lost
- VVD: 3/1
- Ramos: 8-0

Headers Win/Lost
- VVD: 0/1
- Ramos: 1/0

This guy isn't performing at all in my account. When i made Ramos SBC he was so bad and doesn't play anywhere to his stats but suddenly he started to be the best defender i've played with in FIFA 19.

Comments

• BeastlyHusla
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    How are you playing your defenders? Like a sweeper? Is this after one game?
  • Ma7mooodHD
    735 posts Semi-Pro

I tried he's RTTF and Birthdard cards for multiple games and he's so bad. Played only one or two games with his TOTS and i decided to sell him.
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    You need to play 1 depth dropback with him.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12041 posts Has That Special Something
    Ma7mooodHD wrote: »

I tried he's RTTF and Birthdard cards for multiple games and he's so bad. Played only one or two games with his TOTS and i decided to sell him.

You can't judge a card after one or two games 😂

If you're having problems defending with VVD I've a feeling the problem isn't the card your using.
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    How is he bad? Is he missing a leg, is he legally blind or is the AI force just not strong enough?
  • berood001
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Avoid controlling him. Use a CDM instead. His job his to guard near post on opponent corner kicks. He is also one of the main targets on your corner kicks. In time you will get a better for how he moves. You are probably over committing him on a tackle and the opponent is playing a through ball through your broken defensive line for an easy goal. Leave those defenders alone and use a quick CDM to harass the guy with the ball.
  • Ma7mooodHD
    735 posts Semi-Pro
    Thuq wrote: »
    How is he bad? Is he missing a leg, is he legally blind or is the AI force just not strong enough?

He's like any gold card nothing special with him. My ramos intercepts everything and i feel the balls come toward him.
  • Sterve
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Give him 10-20 games. We all tend to focus more on new players or ones we doubt a bit and this amplifies any errors they make. Or just don’t use him. Quality defenders are plentiful in this game - maybe not toty vvd level but close enough unless you a pro.