Lock CT’s to managers

OfficerJimlahey
1902 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 2019
I’ve brought this up numerous times over the years but it’s becoming more obvious that this needs to happen.

At the moment most people operate in the extremes ( 1 depth, 1 width etc) with how broken and unbalanced this game is, it can’t continue to happen. It boils down to outright abuse of mechanics and AI.

Literally every style of play will still be represented within the realms of realism. For example, pep would be possession based and high line, Mourinho would be compact and organised etc etc. Everyone can play the style they like but it’ll be capped to a realistic standard.

There would also be an actual point to managers and they wouldn’t just be pack filler, the most desirable managers or the most op tactics will come at a premium.

As it stands, neither EA nor the community can be trusted to implement tactics responsibly, it needs to be regulated in the name of balance.

How would you feel about this being implemented?

Comments

• Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 2019
    That's what PES do, don't like tactics being locked to managers. It makes tactics one dimensional. Real world managers are constantly changing their tactics, will use different formations, tactics depending on the situation.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    How about if I need a certain nationality manager for chem, but don't want to use his "locked" playstyle?

Or how about when 1 particular manager is found out to be "meta" and becomes extinct, and all others become discard?

It's not perfect now but it's better than what OP is suggesting
  • Boysie91
    15229 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »
    That's what PES do, don't like tactics being locked to managers. It makes tactics one dimensional. Real world managers are constantly changing their tactics, will use different formations, tactics depending on the situation.

Agree makes PES worse
  • Orison
    74376 posts Icon
    No.

It's about more variety in the name of "skillgap", not take it all away in the name of "realism" lol.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2019
    Retro_G wrote: »

You can use 3 managers in PES on the tactics setup.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1902 posts Fans' Favourite
    So we’re currently happy with try hards outright abusing mechanics to an unrealistic level? Gotcha 👍

Same with any idea, there are numerous things to be ironed out but surely something has to be done to combat this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show of CTs atm
  • YumYum
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What if there isnt a ct locked to a manager that is suitable to my play style? I prefer ct in fifa 18 ...actual digits
  • Tjahr
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would much more prefer if managers actually made the team for example 5 % better in passing or 5 % better in defending, or 5 % better in shooting etc. That way they could give managers in form cards and make them more interesting