Retro Cards Next Year? Please?

Oh the possibilities. Some nice players that are not playing any more but would be great for the game.

*Nicolas Anelka
*Jaap Scam
*Edgar Davids
*Djibril Cisse
*Patrice Evra
*Denilson
*Michael Essien
*Oliver Kahn
*David Ginola
*Michel Salgado

The possibilities are endless....
Maybe some people would view them as icons but I think one of these players a month in the game would be cool. Flashback players seem to be players that are still playing. Would be nice to use some players we have fond memories of.... call them what you want but I think a RETRO card design would be a great idea and if it's an SBC at least we have the option.

Comments

• Pieman25
    15761 posts World Class
    They aren't covered by Fifpro so need individual deals, that then makes them icons.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1366 posts Professional
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    They aren't covered by Fifpro so need individual deals, that then makes them icons.

Are only still active Players covered by FIFpro?

• Shezzzzzzz
    1187 posts Professional
    I thought about this idea just the other day, effectively icons but without the status. make them specific to the league/nation still so the value wouldnt be as high as an icons.

would kill to play with a Stuart Pearce 99 aggression card
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    David Seaman and John Barnes
  • kcichris
    1609 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kahn won't happen he sued EA because he was not happy with being in Fifa during his active career
  • DaMMian
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Oh the possibilities. Some nice players that are not playing any more but would be great for the game.

*Nicolas Anelka
    *Jaap Scam
    *Edgar Davids
    *Djibril Cisse
    *Patrice Evra
    *Denilson
    *Michael Essien
    *Oliver Kahn
    *David Ginola
    *Michel Salgado

The possibilities are endless....
    Maybe some people would view them as icons but I think one of these players a month in the game would be cool. Flashback players seem to be players that are still playing. Would be nice to use some players we have fond memories of.... call them what you want but I think a RETRO card design would be a great idea and if it's an SBC at least we have the option.

great idea thumbs up
  • Hibee
    11673 posts Has That Special Something
    I like the idea of different tiers of Icons. Perhaps nation or club icons.

But from your list I would say the likes of Kahn, Stam and Davids would simply be icons. They were among the best in the world in there positions.
  • I'm sure EA have the money to do this....
    Never mind about FifPro just look after us for once and listen.

As for nation and club.... I think they should be at the club they done their best.... for example....

Edgar Davids >>> Juventus
    Michael Essien >>> Chelsea

And so on and so on.

Once a month. Not to clash with POTM. Maybe 15th of every month. Just giving my thoughts.
  • alex1987
    5398 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 3
    At a club? No thanks. To many restrictions.
    Davids shouldn't be at Juventus. Davids should be at Ajax in that case.
  • Janoe1
    7373 posts Big Money Move
    Wont be possible without licensing
  • Floatingkeyboard
    1064 posts Professional
    Jaap Scam :D
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you guys know how licensing works?

You can’t just put in anyone you want
  • Do you guys know how licensing works?

Just to clear that up.... I have said I'm sure EA can get it sorted. Whatever the cost.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1187 posts Professional
    Do you guys know how licensing works?

Obviously. but that doesnt mean its not possible.

• Cheetah Thumbs
    4154 posts National Call-Up
    Anelka and Drogba. Idk if Drogba plays anymore or not, but if not it would be great to pair these two up again
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4833 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 3
    Pieman25 wrote: »

I think it would be cool to have cards with icon links that aren’t icons. Maybe club legends or something. Lower rated but still great cards. Think Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink or maybe shay given...

A good amount of players OP listed are flat out icons. But a different class would be cool.
  • DistinctDwayne
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jaap Scam....
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 3
    CB Donald Trump, trait Wall Builder
  • Pieman25 wrote: »

I think it would be cool to have cards with icon links that aren’t icons. Maybe club legends or something. Lower rated but still great cards. Think Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink or maybe shay given...

A good amount of players OP listed are flat out icons. But a different class would be cool.

Would you class Anelka as an Icon?
    Just my opinion but....

Compare him with Thierry Henry.
    One was world class and one was an Icon.

But there is an agreement of who was better.
  • Leessa
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    If Luis Hernandez is an Icon, then every player you just listed is above 91. The fact that guy is rated as high as he is, is an absolute joke
  • Knowlesdinho
    10008 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d love this if it could happen.

I’d love a Nobby Solano, or a Faustino Asprilla, or a Tony Yeboah card because they had amazing moments that I remember.

I’d even love a 45 rated Ali Dia card just for the troll aspect...I wonder how many on here will have to google that name? 😂
  • Gnomenclature
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anelka and Drogba. Idk if Drogba plays anymore or not, but if not it would be great to pair these two up again

Drogba will 100% get an icon imo... anelka? Forgot about him, could be a decent card.

Give me that drogba! He will be a broken card. 6'2", pacey, strong, and lethal in front of goal.
  • Harry Kewell
    Mark Viduka
    Ian Wright

Possibilities are endless....

Send me to EA in Canada and I will start my protest/claim/whateveryouwannacallit
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Roger Milla and a new goal dance
  • Alex_cr
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    I’d love this if it could happen.

I’d love a Nobby Solano, or a Faustino Asprilla, or a Tony Yeboah card because they had amazing moments that I remember.

I’d even love a 45 rated Ali Dia card just for the troll aspect...I wonder how many on here will have to google that name? 😂

I’m so up for an Asprilla! This would be amazing.

Also, can I have a Grant Holt please?