Scared to press finesse

irishfifaboi
708 posts Semi-Pro
Please tell me how to shoot these days?
My middle finger just holds R2 instantly before I shoot . But there has been so many updates I'm not sure should I press it Any more , iv a buddy that calls for a few games once a week and he never presses it and be kicking it in from everywhere . What the best technique now ? Last year was the low driven !!!!
Please don't say go one on one turn around chip it up and finesse in to top corner while facing my own keeper please .

Comments

• paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 3
    There is no one way. Finesse sill works just fine, if used at the right times. So does low driven, so does chips and normal shots - both near and far post.

You have to read the game, and use the best option for the situation your in - how far from goal, what angle to goal, defenders in the way?, wheres the GK etc. NEVER rely on one way, and NEVER discard a way either.
  • CharlieC
    6226 posts Big Money Move
    There is no one way. Finesse sill works just fine, if used at the right times. So does low driven, so does chips and normal shots - both near and far post.

You have to read the game, and use the best option for the situation your in - how far from goal, what angle to goal, defenders in the way?, wheres the GK etc. NEVER rely on one way, and NEVER discard a way either.

Lobs over the keeper are completely random. last year you would score 9/10 this year I'm lucky if I score 2/10. Same with all shooting, its just atrocious.