Finally making the switch to PC

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
450 posts Sunday League Hero
Will be making the switch to PC gaming this week when new rig gets delivered.
Just want to know is it easy to do? as I haven’t touched gaming on PC since consoles started really.
I’ve bought the R8 Aurora Alienware. Hopefully good enough for it. And before people say should of built my own, I didn’t have the time or the know how tbh.
I’ll be using an OLED tv as my monitor, are these ok to use?
Also what I’ll need to know if anyone can help is what settings are required for Fifa on it?
I’m looking forward to it but also daunted about getting it all set up properly, as I’ve never done online Fifa etc on PC.

Comments

• maksi
    6577 posts Big Money Move
    You install Origin, install the game, launch the game, change it to highest graphics settings it isn't already, launch the game. That's it.
  • maksi
    If you have freesnyc/gsync unlock your framerate on graphics settings.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Thanks maksi
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Thanks again for your help maksi. Set it all up before. Wow graphics wise it smashes PS4 pro.
    Only had one game on it as waiting for new controller now. Bullocks to mouse and keyboard 😂
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2828 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks again for your help maksi. Set it all up before. Wow graphics wise it smashes PS4 pro.
    Only had one game on it as waiting for new controller now. Bullocks to mouse and keyboard 😂

Have fun with inferior competition, slow matchmaking, dead FUT market, actual hackers, FUT coin trainers/exploits/vulnerabilities/duping flooding the game with coins which will inevitably inflate player prices (elite players will be extinct at usual).

But hey, it will look better! :joy:
  • hhoverflow
    80 posts Park Captain
    Fifa on PC is infested with cheaters...

Div Rivals is full of cheaters
    Squad Battles Top 100 maybe 90% is cheating as they get nearly perfect points every game
    WL there are a lot too

• greggles
    692 posts Semi-Pro
    what ever you do, stay clear form draft, its impossible to finish the draft without being shafted, most cheaters make your game close down so you get the loss whilst they get the win
  • PiotrLolo
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 4
    Just want to know is it easy to do? as I haven’t touched gaming on PC since consoles started really.
    I’ve bought the R8 Aurora Alienware. Hopefully good enough for it. And before people say should of built my own, I didn’t have the time or the know how tbh.
    Also what I’ll need to know if anyone can help is what settings are required for Fifa on it?
    I’m looking forward to it but also daunted about getting it all set up properly, as I’ve never done online Fifa etc on PC.

If I see correctly this PC has i7-9700K 16GB 512GB SSD+2TB RTX2070. Dude, You can probably run 99% of games on highest details with this thing. And Fifa? You can play it on potato. Seriously, one good thing I can say about thing game that you can run this on almost every PC.

Just stay away from draft. Cheaters everywhere.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    greggles wrote: »
    what ever you do, stay clear form draft, its impossible to finish the draft without being shafted, most cheaters make your game close down so you get the loss whilst they get the win
    Didn’t play draft on PS4 mate. Found it rubbish anyway. But cheers fella for heads up
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    PiotrLolo wrote: »

If I see correctly this PC has i7-9700K 16GB 512GB SSD+2TB RTX2070. Dude, You can probably run 99% of games on highest details with this thing. And Fifa? You can play it on potato. Seriously, one good thing I can say about thing game that you can run this on almost every PC.

It’s the one above that one mate. Rtx 2080.
    Been playing few games on it. Just getting used to it tbh. I’ll only be playing online seasons whilst fifa is free with origin till 20 is out
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    edited July 4

Have fun with inferior competition, slow matchmaking, dead FUT market, actual hackers, FUT coin trainers/exploits/vulnerabilities/duping flooding the game with coins which will inevitably inflate player prices (elite players will be extinct at usual).

Took me about 2 seconds to get each game on online seasons. In Div10. So blew that myth out of water
    As for cheaters etc. Same on every platform.
  • PiotrLolo
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero

Been playing few games on it. Just getting used to it tbh. I’ll only be playing online seasons whilst fifa is free with origin till 20 is out

With RTX 2080 and i9 probably 99,99% will work on epic details ;) Very nice. But also expensive I assume.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

With RTX 2080 and i9 probably 99,99% will work on epic details ;) Very nice. But also expensive I assume.
    Just checked. It’s i7 with rtx 2080 mate. That i9 2080ti was to much cost mate.

• PiotrLolo
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero

Just checked. It’s i7 with rtx 2080 mate. That i9 2080ti was to much cost mate.

Still powerfull :smile: It's a pity that EA does not upgrade servers as often as simple people upgrade their rigs :joy:
  • JohnDoe
    11183 posts Has That Special Something
    Sorry for your loss.
  • hhoverflow
    80 posts Park Captain

Took me about 2 seconds to get each game on online seasons. In Div10. So blew that myth out of water
    As for cheaters etc. Same on every platform.

oh no, pc has muuch more cheaters
  • salvadordali1
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 5
    There is so much more things to be excited about with new pc, unfotunately fifa is not one of them. True graphics are great, graphics team did a pitch perfect job, but everything else is garbage. Whole.year went by they did not fix online draft. Ffs cheat that temper with your gpu and show you an error that your directX is not instaled is out from begining. They did notjing about that, literaly nothing. They didnt even bother or even respond to any feedback about this issue. But thats why they had to explain surprise mechanics to uk gov. Fair enoug, fingers crossed.
    Believe me there is sooooo many things to do with new rig... but fifa is not worth it. Dhoe you could update your internet speed and open ports to get better fifa experience, lol. Damn comedians.
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    edited July 10
    jajce111 wrote: »
    If you have pc there is no need to buy fifa, you know it will be [Removed - CM] again so dont waste money on it, also you have so much good games on pc and you will see it. Anyways it is a quit diference playing on low settings with 30fps on consoles, or playing 60+ fps on high settings. If you have decent pc everything looks so nice and smooth.
    Been playing Battlefield V on it. Totally different game with ray tracing. Looks amazing and runs smooth as hell.
    Fifa does look so much better, I’ll probably still get it , but not put as much effort into it, more casual.
    Your right about the amount of games, such a large choice of good independent ones.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • maksi
    edited July 10
    Been playing Battlefield V on it. Totally different game with ray tracing. Looks amazing and runs smooth as hell.
    i laughed

it kills your framerate nad barely look better than without RTX
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    maksi wrote: »
    i laughed

I’m only just getting used to this system, looked good to me, didn’t notice any difference in rates.
  • maksi
    maxresdefault.jpg

xrYUUUhhEbIsk3b8.jpg
  • jajce111
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 10
    maksi wrote: »
    i laughed

Geez maksi it looks much better with ray tracing on, and if you have decent gpu fps will still be high. Dont comment on things you dont understand. Also that pic that you posted is bs.
    Here you can see the difference is quiet noticable.