5212 users?

Cphilly13
173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I played against it twice this evening n both times i really struggled, so i tried it. Seemed quite defensive obviously, even with sandro and lala going forward. Anyone any advice on the formation, would like to maybe give it a go n just wondering if anyone has used it effectively without drop back 1 depth bs...

Comments

• Pikandel
    1109 posts Professional
    If you find 5212 Too defensive, try switching to 352 IG. There is a guide on this forum.
  • Cphilly13
    Pikandel wrote: »
    If you find 5212 Too defensive, try switching to 352 IG. There is a guide on this forum.

Cheers dude will have a look :)
  • Gnomenclature
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    Ever since @RayS made that post I've been seeing it a lot lately... there must be a **** ton of forum trolls that don't post lol because I came against it 5 times in weekend league. Before that, I've never seen it in over 2k games played.

Either that or a youtuber is talking about it... worked well for a few games then went to **** for me. Back to 433(5) for now.
  • Pikandel
    1109 posts Professional
    Ever since @RayS made that post I've been seeing it a lot lately... there must be a **** ton of forum trolls that don't post lol because I came against it 5 times in weekend league. Before that, I've never seen it in over 2k games played.

Either that or a youtuber is talking about it... worked well for a few games then went to **** for me. Back to 433(5) for now.

I played it all year, just recently switched to 352
  • Cphilly13
    Pikandel wrote: »

I played it all year, just recently switched to 352

Just played and won 4 games in a row with it, didnt set up switching to 352 yet n im sure its only a honeymoon period but very solid and if u set up right attacking at the same time... getting the balance will be difficult but can always revert to 4 atb ingame, pim bobby moore still a rock at cdm if need be 🙂
  • weakstick
    48 posts Park Captain
    Neal Guides made a video over his 5-2-1-2 tactics. I use it for about half the game, it works really well. The only reason I switch it up throughout the game is my WBs are dead tired @ about the 75 minute mark if I don't switch tactics. I have thought about carrying 2 WB subs and running it the whole game.

• MLZlatan_Fan
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've been using it since i have received a ton of outside backs and CMs from league sbcs. I wanted to have two strikers still and found this to be decent. I have a 3-5-2 setup for in game switch if i need more attack. Though having Telles and Mendy alternating on the left with Kimmich and Schulz or Kostic on the right I can usually stay with this formation
  • tatadwader
    2406 posts Fans' Favourite
    i've played it as my 1st half formation for the last 4 months or so.

it's great with high press.

max depth on defense, 9 width on offense, balanced build up.

the only instructions i use are cam stay forward/conservative interceptions. both wing backs on join the attack/overlap.

• El_Burn
    66 posts Park Captain
    Yeah, i alternate between 5-2-1-2 and 3-5-2