Career manager mode WITHOUT controlling team/player

Woeful
88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Please can you allow us to watch the games as manager in career mode without controlling the team or lock to a player?
Sometimes i just want to be manager, but simming games is so boring i want to sit back and watch my team in action, make tactic changes and subs, and just play the game as manager.

Surely it cant be hard to put this option in?

Comments

• selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    So play Football Manager
  • Woeful
    selb wrote: »
    So play Football Manager

if i wanted to play football manager i would. i want to play fifa, so im requesting this. its a career mode as manager, so we should be able to be just the manager.
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Woeful wrote: »
    So play Football Manager

if i wanted to play football manager i would. i want to play fifa, so im requesting this. its a career mode as manager, so we should be able to be just the manager.

FIFA is not a manager simulation, let alone a realistic game, if you want a realistic manager simulation then play Football Manager.

If you really want an unrealistic manager experience then cant you just start the game as player controlled then change it in controller settings when the game starts to just AI playing?
  • GARYNOCLUB
    188 posts Sunday League Hero
    Woeful wrote: »
    So play Football Manager

FIFA is not a manager simulation, let alone a realistic game, if you want a realistic manager simulation then play Football Manager.

If you really want an unrealistic manager experience then cant you just start the game as player controlled then change it in controller settings when the game starts to just AI playing?

Selb your quote helps nothing really why can’t EA improve these things we will never no. Oh wait I no why because career mode has fallen to wayside, for what oh FUT the amount of money EA sports have is unreal compared to Konami it’s ridiculous. But Konami at least try and implement request and have a career mode that’s intriguing unlike EA’s it’s so 2015 update now please EA FFs!!!!!! .
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Thing is, FIFA has never really been a manager type of game, its always been about controlling the team, I just stated that if he wanted to play a management simulation game then Football Manager is a much better alternative, nothing I stated was false.
  • FanaticFlow
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thing is, FIFA has never really been a manager type of game, its always been about controlling the team, I just stated that if he wanted to play a management simulation game then Football Manager is a much better alternative, nothing I stated was false.

Yea ofcourse but in kickoff you can just watch the games and let the ai play, Why cant this be an option for Manager Mode? Easy as 123 (Ofcourse its not gonna be very realistic and stuff but some people like it)
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner

Yea ofcourse but in kickoff you can just watch the games and let the ai play, Why cant this be an option for Manager Mode? Easy as 123 (Ofcourse its not gonna be very realistic and stuff but some people like it)

I thought you could though? Start the game and then change it in the settings? If not then I apologise, it should be an option for career mode users.
  • Woeful
    You cant. When you get to the team selection you cant leave the pad in neutral spot, it forces you to choose your side or lock to a player. Thats forcing us to be player manager instead of just manager.
  • Peewee916
    1253 posts Play-Off Hero
    So move your control to the middle & let the CPU play?
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Peewee916 wrote: »
    So move your control to the middle & let the CPU play?

That's what I said but apparently you cant, I wouldn't really know since I don't play career mode, I find it very boring after awhile, playing the CPU bores the hell outta me!
  • Yes you can, start the game->pause->settings->select sides->move to the middle
  • Yes you can, start the game->pause->settings->select sides->move to the middle

No you can not
  • ChrisW1991
    1411 posts Professional
    So play Football Manager

Why should he buy a pc just to have a feature that should be on consoles, ridiculous how you still can't watch a match as a manager by now
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Wow, necro bump, ffs this was what 6 months ago, jeez let it go
  • selb wrote: »
    Wow, necro bump, ffs this was what 6 months ago, jeez let it go
    If he paid 60 dollars for it which he probably did then what you said is very idiotic
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Wow another necro bump, wtf is this 😂 are people just gonna bump this every few months or something
  • yeah man wtf